Chapter 3

Be The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Han?”

               Yifan peeked into their room, surprised to find it so dark in this hour. Luhan doesn’t like dim lighting in his house, so he always every single lighting when night came, whether it’s their house or in the studio.

               “Baby? Are you here?”

               He heard a sniff and a small “Fan?” coming from the bed. Smiling, Yifan approached the lump on top of their bed he failed to notice because of the dark.

               “Han? I heard what happened,” Yifan sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for Luhan to come to him. Luhan doesn’t like to be touched when he was upset, so Yifan knows better than to just pull Luhan into his embrace.

               “How?”

               Was the only response Luhan gave him between his sniffling.

               “Woobin.”

               “Oh. I should’ve known.”

               Silent stretched between them for a moment. Yifan adjusted his eyes to the darkness surrounding them, trying to figure out what Luhan looked like. He could see Luhan’s tousled hair and his bloated cheek, also his puffy eyes. Meaning Luhan had been crying probably since morning.

               He heard shuffling sound, and in a matter of seconds, he can feel Luhan wrapping his tiny arms around his waist, leaning his head on Yifan’s chest. Yifan’s arm instinctly circled Luhan’s shoulder, holding him close while rubbing a hand on the smaller man’s back. Comforting him the best he could.

               “I never meant to.. I mean.. I was just too shocked to hear that.. She wanted to move out, Fan, she wanted to leave me. I..”

               Luhan’s breath hitched, he stopped talking. But Yifan stayed silent, he didn’t interrupt him but instead tightened his arms around Luhan.

               “I wasn’t angry. Well, I mean I was, but it was just because I was shocked. And I may have said some mean things to her.. I never meant to.. I’m not angry anymore, Fan, but,, What.. what have I done, Yifan?”

               Yifan’s heart broke when he saw Luhan looking up at him with the saddest eyes he ever seen. Luhan’s eyes are starting to well up again, and Yifan tried his best to keep himself from breaking down at the sight of his husband.

               “She knows you didn’t mean it, Han,” Yifan comforted him, even though he didn’t know what Luhan said to Hiki. Woobin left the detail untold, he was more concerned about Luhan and Hiki fighting. Even though Yifan knows Luhan must’ve said something bad concerning Woobin, his son-in-law didn’t tell him anything. He only asked Yifan to go home quickly to check if Luhan was okay. Yifan raised an arm to caress his husband’s soft hair. Even after loads of bleaching and using a lot of chemical hair products, Luhan’s hair remained soft.

               “But.. she was gonna.. is this what my mom felt when I said I was moving in with you, Fan? Is this also the feeling she got when I told her I have a husband and she can’t stop me from living with you because you were the world to me? Is this how she feels?”            

               “...”

               “She probably felt a lot worse, because I said those things. But she didn’t say a word, my Omma. Even though her tears ripped my heart apart, she didn’t say a thing,” Luhan started to sob. “And now.. Hiki didn’t even say anything close to mean, yet I said those words to her. I.. I’m such a bad person, Fan. I’m such a jerk.”

               “You kinda are,” Yifan casually answer, immediately regretting it when he heard Luhan howled and buried his face to Yifan’s chest. “You were just surprised Han,” Yifan tried to fix his stupid words. “I was too, when Woobin told me. Canada is miles away from here, and we won’t get to see Hiki as often, but.. she has a new life now, Han.”

              “A new life that doesn’t.. doesn’t include us! I don’t know why I even agreed to her marriage. I feel like I shouldn’t have. “

               “Han, she’s been living with us for 16 years, Han. We spoiled her to the bone, gave her everything she wanted though she didn’t need it. We called her our spoiled baby girl though the truth is she never ever asked for anything from us except for our blessings to every decision she made. We watched her grow from a shy 5 year old baby to an elegant, unspoiled 21 years old woman.  This is not the end of our road, Han. You still get to spoil her, you still get to baby her, but she has a life now. She’s a wife, a wife of a person who loves her truly and cherishes her and really, we couldn’t ask for more, Luhan-ah.”

               Luhan shook his head, his was still sobbing though not as hard as before. He knows the truth behind Yifan’s words. “But I still want her to be our baby girl. It’s.. 16 years is not enough, Fan.”         

               Yifan forced Luhan to pull away from him. He slipped a finger underneath Luhan’s chin, tilting his husband’s head to look at him straight in the eye. Luhan’s eyes were shimmering in tears, puffed from crying too much, but still adorable. Even more adorable it made Yifan wants to bite his nose. So that’s what he did, startling Luhan. But before Luhan could recover from his surprise, his lips were captured by Yifan’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter