The Girl at 2 o'clock

The Girl at 2 o'clock
Please log in to read the full chapter

     Do Kyungsoo wiped the drip of the coffee a customer just spilled on the worktop. He forced a smile to the snobbish customer as he wiped, but they won't even bother to bid an eye and just leave. Kyungsoo swore that if only he's not working there, he would chop their head off like those characters from the fighting game does. He's not a temprament person, but it was a very cold busy day at the coffee shop and other baristas were having the same pressure from making quick, hot drinks for the customers.

     Kyungsoo glanced to the clock that hung on the wall behind him, it said 1:56 in the afternoon. He straighten his back and threw the coffee-stained cloth somewhere near the coffee machine. He took over the cashier and let his partner to take a break. His partner always say to him that he's polite and understanding to let her take a quick break every afternoon. Kyungsoo would just nod and beam his geeky smile to his partner because he knows for sure that it's not because he's polite or understanding; it's because of something else. Someone else.

     Kyungsoo took the next customers' orders and pass the receipt to the other baristas. He sighed and felt grateful that the person he just took were the last on the queue. His eyeballs swept the room, looking for a familiar figure -quite fetching one- and felt disappointed to find that the figure he's looking for wasn't there. He scanned every single person passing by the coffee shop from behind the big glass window that almost make the shop an aquarium for people; hoping to find the figure somewhere in the crowd, walking towards him.

     Suddenly the bell that hung on the door chimed and a small figure broke in, followed by a pack of giggling girls behind her. Kyungsoo's eyes widened, he's been looking towards this moment to come. The girl and her friends stopped in front of the showing case and cooed to the baker goods of the day, before leaning to the worktop to order.

     "Good afternoon, the usual caffee latte?" Kyungsoo generously and wholeheartedly smiled. His lips made a shape of a stretched heart that's cute enough to make the other girls behind his target to squeal. He heard them saying things like how cute he is or how they want to take a photo with him but he shook it off. Kyungsoo is used to things like that, he gets that almost everyday.

     "You remembered." his dream girl said in flatter. "The usual caffe latte please. And two caramel latte and one cappuccino."

     Kyungsoo happily took the order and asked the girl and her friends to wait for their coffee on the waiting bay. Kyungsoo let the other barista to make the other three coffees, but he sent a code to him that he'll make the caffee latte on his own. The other barista seemed to understand him and

Please log in to read the full chapter