Chapter 2

The One-Night Stand

 

By the time Chaerin finally got home, it was almost one in the afternoon. Chaerin had a job she had to get to by two o’clock, so that didn’t give her much time to actually rest from the hectic morning she had already faced. Before she had to leave, Chaerin managed to squeeze in a quick shower and was able to change into her own jeans. She kept the sweatshirt on because she was quite fond of how soft the fabric felt against her skin. With slightly wet hair, she left the house with fifteen minutes left before her shift at the small family restaurant began. When Chaerin first moved back to Korea, the only job she was able to find was the one she was working now. Now, even though she probably could go out and get a better job, she clung onto her first job as though it was her only hope of surviving.

 

Upon arrival at the small restaurant, there were two customers in the store which was nice considering the place was usually pretty empty. If someone ever did come in, it was usually just to order their items to-go. She took the time to smile at both customers before she went into the back of the kitchen and greeted the boy that was there, cooking food for the two people outside.

 

“Chaerin, I thought for sure you weren’t going to show up.” he said with an amused smile on his face.

 

Chaerin playfully rolled her eyes at him, walking past him to grab the other apron that was hanging on the wall. Chaerin could feel Dawook’s eyes following her, so she gave up. With a heavy sigh, she turned around to face him again, her eyebrow raised.

 

“What? What? What? Why are you staring at me?” she said playfully before sticking out her tongue.

 

The male simply rolled his eyes and went back to cooking. Chaerin loved messing with Dawook. He was the the son of the two owners who also worked here, and he almost felt like a younger brother to her.  With Dawook already cooking the food for the two customers outside, Chaerin didn’t have much else to do, so she decided to go around the kitchen and clean the mess Dawook left in his path.

 

By three o’clock, the restaurant was empty and silent. Dawook was out making a delivery, so he left the restaurant to Chaerin. Since the usually busy streets of Seoul in front of the restaurant were quiet today, Chaerin decided to go on her Naver and continue reading the cute webtoon she had found the day before. She pulled out her phone, took a seat and went directly to the app. Once the page loaded, she was bombarded with “breaking news” headlines about some mysterious woman. She decided to click on the article and was immediately hanging open wide. The picture of the so-called mysterious woman looked an awful lot like her. The face of the girl was blurred out, but the dress she had on was the exact same one she wore the night before. Although she mentally tried to fight the urge to look at the comments, she couldn’t help it. She needed to see what his so-called fans were saying about this. After seeing the first ten comments alone, she felt sick to her stomach. She had no idea people could be so rude and cruel.

 

Now that she did know whose house she had woken up in, she decided to do a quick google search on this man. Hundreds of results came up when the page finished loading. Before she read any of his background, she decided to scan the image results. He was extremely good looking, and she felt a little ashamed to admit that her confidence went from a solid six to a high eight just knowing she might’ve gotten this guy in bed with her. “If only I could remember what the guy looked like”, she thought to herself, humming softly while closing her eyes. Once she was back from her dream world, she decided to read a little about Kwon Jiyong’s life.

 

Kwon Jiyong was extremely interesting even though she despised herself for thinking that after the letter he left her. She must’ve been staring out into space again because when she came to, she saw a curious Dawook kneeling in front of her, waving his hands in front of her face.

 

“Y-Yah, what are you doing, Dawook? You scared me!” she said, slapping Dawook’s hands away from her face.

 

“How could I possibly have scared you? I was definitely there for a good two or three minutes.” Dawook said, rolling his eyes before standing up straight again.

 

She made a clicking sound with her tongue and stood up as well, smoothing out her apron.

 

“What has got you so distracted at work anyway? You’re usually on your agame.” Dawook asked, walking over to the table where the customers were sitting. She hadn’t even noticed they left. How long was she gone for?

 

“Oh, it’s nothing, but…” Chaerin was hesitant to ask the question that popped into her head because she knew she’d have to deal with the follow up questions, “how famous is G-Dragon?”

 

Dawook stopped wiping the table and stood completely still. Chaerin furrowed her brows. Did she break him? She reached out and lightly poked his back. Dawook immediately spun around with his mouth set into a line and his eyes dark.

 

“Why are you asking?” he said with an eyebrow slightly raised.

 

“Can’t I just ask a question? Why are you getting so pissy anyway? Is his name forbidden or something?” Chaerin snapped back, turning around to head back to the kitchen.

 

Dawook’s eyes closed before he let out a quiet sigh, “He is very famous and very much known. Why are you asking about him?”

 

Chaerin stopped in her tracks and looked back at Dawook with a slight fire in her eyes, “No reason. Can I leave now? No one else is going to come in today. It’s Sunday.”

 

Chaerin took Dawook’s silence as an invitation to leave, so she grabbed all of her things and headed out the door. While she was walking, she looked up the address of the YG building and surprise surprise, it was in Mapo-gu. Back to the place she tried to escape from this morning. She really wasn’t looking forward to coming face-to-face with the guy she possibly slept with. She had yet to calculate just how she was going to get into the building and what would happen if she actually didn’t sleep with this man. Her confidence in confronting him was slowly dropping as she quickly approached her destination. He was obviously not interested in seeing her again. If it was up to him, she wouldn’t have even been there throughout the whole night.

 


 
Sorry for the long wait. I really struggle with writing some of these things because my writing abilities really change depending on how I feel. Also, I've just been pretty busy. I hope this chapter isn't bad though.