Chapter 1

The One-Night Stand

 

Warning; there are curse words within this, but I feel like it's not bad enough to rate the chapter M. 

 

 

Before she even opened her eyes, she furrowed her brows at the pulsating headache she felt. Her lips were chapped and she couldn’t seem to play back any events from the night before. She pulled the blanket that was tucked in around her over head and inhaled the scent. That was odd. It smelled odd. It smelled like...men’s cologne. Her eyes shot open immediately and she sat up. A big mistake that was. She placed her hand over her head and looked around the room, she realized that she was definitely not in her own house. The bedroom furniture that surrounded her was modern and all white. She was thoroughly confused about where she was. Chaerin closed her eyes again in an attempt to remember what the hell happened the night before. She remembered a guy coming up to her and majorly flirting his way through her defenses. That must’ve been when he got her to go home with him. Chaerin looked over at the nightstand and saw her small bag as well as a note with her name on it laying underneath it. She inhaled sharply when she got a glimpse of a dark blue dress on the floor out of the corner of her eyes, her dress was on the floor of some mans bedroom, and she couldn’t even remember whose it was. She grabbed the note from under her bag and immediately read what was on the back of it.

 

Hey, if you’re reading this, it means you finally woke up from your comma. I don’t usually let girls stay at my house overnight, but I couldn’t get you to move. Anyway, I’d appreciate it if you left now, not to be rude. P.S. Please go down the service stairs when you leave. My neighbors really shouldn’t see you. - J

 

She snorted at the last sentence, rolling her eyes at how rude and childish this man was. After today, she swore to never drink again if this is what it got her into. With a soft sigh she pulled out her phone from her small purse and let out an even bigger huff of air when she saw what time it was. It was almost noon, which meant that she would have to fight an afternoon rush of people on the subway looking a mess. She could feel the black makeup under her eyes and the rats nest on her head. With a final groan of frustration, she kicked the blanket off of her legs and swung them over the edge. It seemed as though the rest of her clothes were playing hide and seek because she couldn’t quite find her bra, underwear, or shoes. Damnnit, Chae was the only thing that crossed her mind as she got off the bed and got onto the floor in an attempt to find her vanished clothes under the bed.

 

“Aha, I found you, you stupid bra!” she yelled, pulling out the leopard printed material from under the bed, immediately putting it on.

 

She continued crawling along the floor to get to the front of the bed where she happened to spot her underwear. A huge grin spread across her face as she slipped on her underwear and got her dress off the floor as she stood up. She scanned the room in search of a bathroom and instantly walked towards the door she presumed was the bathroom. It felt really weird to her, walking around a strangers house. In fact, she was shocked that he trusted her enough to leave her in his apartment. He had no way of knowing if she was a thief, and his house was certainly a place that seemed like it would be a good score. She shook the silly thoughts from her head and jumped when she saw herself in the mirror. Her face twisted in disgust at how bad she looked. Lesson number one: never get faced again. With the small ounce of courage she had left, she opened up the drawers to a white cabinet standing next to the sink in search of a cotton pad.

 

“Please don’t let me find anything weird or gross,” she mumbled under her breath. Luckily, she managed to find cotton pads in the second drawer she opened. She ran some water over the soft fabric and attempted to dab away the cloud of black makeup that was crowded under her eyes. With a little success, she gave up and pursed her lips at the result. It wasn’t perfect, but she definitely looked better than she did before. She pulled out one of the brushes from the drawer and carefully combs through the pile of hair gathered at the top of her hair. Once she managed to look somewhat presentable, she slipped on her dress and went back into the mystery mans bedroom.

 

The more she thought about it, there was no way she was just going to let him be so rude to her in a letter without any kind of payback. She bounced over to his closet and pulled open the doors. “I need some clothes,” she thought to herself “he wouldn’t want me to look crazy on the subway, right?” With a sly smirk on her face, she picked out a pair of tight legged sweat pants and a hoodie, throwing both onto the bed. Upon closer inspection of the two pieces of clothes she took, she realized that they were high-end brand names.

 

“Holy...,” she bit down on her bottom lip to prevent herself from cussing, her eyes scanning over the clothes she had picked out. “He can afford more if I take these, he’ll be fine.”

 

She slipped the pants on underneath her dress and slid the hoodie on over her head. She grabbed her purse along with the note and her heels that were left near the door before leaving the bedroom. Seeing as he had quite an expensive taste of clothing, she decided it wouldn’t hurt to snoop around a bit more, just to see what other cool stuff he has stored in his place. As soon as she stepped into the living room, she was greeted by a huge TV and a kitchen connected to the living room. The kitchen was clean and modern, filled with shiny appliances she somehow felt jealous about. The couch was white too but had red pillows placed on it with a nice, shag black carpet on the floor. Wow, was all she could formulate in her mind. This man is rich. The question running around in Chaerin’s mind now was, ”who the hell did I sleep with?”.

 

Once she finished her harmless snooping, she slipped on her conspicuous heels and decided to abide by his order. She slipped out of the front door and decided to head for the service stares that lead to the back of the building rather than through the front door. When she got outside, she wanted to kick herself. She could instantly tell that she was all the way in Mapo-gu and she needed to get to Yongsan-gu which meant she definitely had to ride the subway.

 

Good job, Chae,” she thought “you always know how to get into the best situations.

 

 


 
Anyway, I hope you liked the first chapter. It's a little bit on the short side because it's kind of like an intro chapter, yah know? I hope you liked it anyway though, please leave feedback. I always love hearing it, it lets me know if you think the story or something...
- uglyunnie