Formalities, maybe?

Stupid Cupid

Second chapter, here we go go go~

 

 

 

 

 

“You have got to be kidding me.” She stared at me with her eyes wide-open.

“But the funny thing is I’m not.”

She ran her fingers through her hair and bit on her lower lip.

“Gosh, I’m so stupid.”

“Do you really hate me that much that you’d rather work for another company?”

“Yes- I mean, no! I didn’t even know that you were the head of the company. The application form doesn’t have your name or even your surname on it and the current CEO’s Kang Seulgi, not Son Seungwan.”

“She’s my partner.” I sighed.

“You mean, partner partner or…?” She trailed off, and is that disappointment I see in her eyes?

“Business partner. Are you interested with my love life now?” I .

“Fat chance, demon.”

“That’s no way to call your boss, missy.”

“But we’re not at work, demon boss. And you’re in my territory.” She crossed her arms and stuck her tongue out.

“Wow, that’s really mature of a 24 year-old like you.” I scoffed. But she looks so adorable and she’s just so hard to resist.

I saw her lips twitching but before she can even make a direct insult on me, I cut her off, “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow at work?”

“But you still haven’t explained how and why the hell have you become my boss.”

“Tomorrow. 8 o’clock sharp at my office. Be there.”

And that was the last thing I told her before turning around and happily making my way back to my house.

 

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

 

 

“That explains why when you saw her application form, you told me to hire her in a heartbeat.”

“Shut up, wild bear.”

“Why would I? Oh I’ll have so much fun teasing you all day long~”

I glared at my so-called best friend and she just smiled in return.

I should’ve known that she wouldn’t be affected.

“What’s your plan, then?” She comfortably lounged on the sofa.

“Plan for what?”

“You know, how you get the girl and all those fluffy s.”

“Do you even have a single ounce of romance left in your body, Kang Seulgi?” I looked at her in disbelief.

“I have no such time for that luxury, Son Seungwan. As you can see, we have a company to handle.”

“But what about Jo-”

A knock on the door cut our conversation short.

Seulgi pretended that I haven’t even said a thing.

“Who is it?”

“Still your neighbor and your new employee? Your secretary said that I should just go knock on your door.” Came a muffled reply from outside.

Damn. I almost forgot.

“You lazy bear, hide!”

“Why should I? I’m the acting CEO here.”  Seulgi grinned. And when she does, that only means one thing: Trouble.

“FINE. Just act natural and be the cute and cuddly bear that you are.”

Seulgi raised her hands in surrender.

Another knock on the door.

“Are you busy? I can just drop by later on.”

“No, no. Everything’s fine. You can come in now.”

I stood up and made my way in front of the desk as Seulgi started to play her part of the game.

The door cranked open only to reveal a gorgeous young lady in her work outfit.

“You look-”

“Amazing, stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, like a goddess, pretty, adorable, y and everything nice?”

I glared at the best definition of annoying, Kang Seulgi.

“Wonderful. You look wonderful, Ms. Bae.”

“Thanks, boss.” Irene shivered. “That sounded awful.”

“I’m sure Ms. Bae and I are going to get along well.” Seulgi stood up and offered her hand for a handshake. “Kang Seulgi, acting CEO of SK Corp. but you can just call me Seulgi. Seeing as you’re a friend of Wendy’s, we should be close too.”

Irene shook Seulgi’s hand and said, “She’s not my friend and we’re really not that close.”

Ouch.

“Ooh. Wan-ah, you’ve just been rejected by your dream girl.”

“You’re not the one to talk, Kang. Remember Jo-”

“I’m out of here. I’m at the office next door. Call me whenever.” Seulgi made her way to the door.

“And for the record, I wasn’t rejected.” She grabbed on the door handle a little too tightly. “I was with the right person… but we were at the wrong place and at the wrong time.”

Then she calmly shut the door closed.

“…”

“You’re still the same annoying you.”

“I never thought that she would take it up so seriously.”

“You should apologize to her and never make the same mistake again. Before it’s too late.”

“I will… I’m sorry…”

She chuckled.

“Don’t apologize to me, silly.”

“But-”

“Not now, Ms. Son. You still have a lot of explaining to do.”

“Okay, you win. But please, take a seat first.”

“Atleast now you have some manners…”

“I heard that, you know.”

“Whatever.”

When she’s finally settled down on the seat in front of my desk and I was settled in mine, I started the conversation again,

“Where do you want me to start?”

“How’d you become my boss?”

“Simple. I own this company.”

She stared at me, dumbfounded.

“That’s the dumbest answer ever.”

“I mean, I technically own this company. Actually, this company is the result of mine and Seulgi’s partnership.”

“But you live with your parents.”

“What?! They moved out of the house years ago. How can you not take noticed of that?” This girl is unbelievable.

“I’m sorry because I was too busy minding my own business throughout the years.”

“And that doesn’t have anything to do with me owning this company.” I shook my head. “Anyway, have you been informed about the position you got in to?”

“I applied for the secretary’s position, has it been changed?”

“No, but lucky you because you’re going to be my new secretary from now on.”

“WHAT?!”

 

 


 

 

~*~

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you in love with me yet?” I tapped my fingers on the table as I stared right through her.

“Let me check my heartbeat.” She put her hand over her chest, right where her heart is located.

“What does it say?”

“Come closer, I’ll tell it to you.”

And so I did.

Her lips, a mere inch away from my ear.

“My heart just told me, NO and that you should get back to your table, open your desktop and finish the power point presentation you’re about to discuss tomorrow with the board.”

“Just the right words to encourage me and just the right person to tell those to me.” I gave her a lopsided smile.

“That won’t work on me, Seungwan. Now shoo before I call on Seulgi and tell her that you’re bothering me again.”

“I don’t want to get dragged out by the ear again.”

“That’s the spirit. Now go and do your work, demon boss.” She shooed me out with her hand.

“I’m on it, heartless employee.”

She gave me one of her infamous glares and I scurried away with a smile on my face.

Atleast I get the chance to see you and mend the wounds I’ve inflicted on you in the past.

I know it’s never going to be that easy but…

If you’d just let me in your heart again.

 

 

 

 

 

~

Yey for finishing the second chapter today. I wasn't really planning on updating 'til next week because my major subjects are really taking a toll on me and my time (and loopyhat unnie just had to push me to update somehow lol) So after this, I'm not sure when I'll be able to update again. Next week or a few days later, maybe? But I'll never abandon this fic. (: I'm still so happy with the amount of love this ff has received since I've posted the first chapter. I hope you'd all be with me 'til this ends. ; w ;

 

Hoohoo. New character alert: Kang Seulgi and who's that girl she's been really bothered and pressed on about? Any ideas? :3 I hope I dropped a few helpful hints. Haha. And so Irene's venture of being Wendy's new secretary starts! But things are just going to be interesting soon enough. This is more of like a filler and a funny, non-sensical, whatever floats your boat kind of chapter. I'm saying random things again OTL

 

Any form of reactions, comments, feedbacks are all welcomed. I love reading them. Hearing from you guys is <3

Ciao for now. Let's hope for WenRene moments later on *Q*

~ XOXO