Introductions

Stupid Cupid

First chapter's finally up ; w ;

 

 

 

 

 

Have you ever been in love?

Have you ever gotten your heart broken?

Have you experienced the butterflies rampaging inside your stomach?

Have you been rejected?

So many questions to ask but which of those lead only to one thing,

Love

Before I could say anything else, I’d like to introduce myself first.

Hey, the name’s Son Seungwan but everybody calls me Wendy nowadays.

I may have a decent teenage life… or not, whatever you prefer.

I was at the top of my class during high school, college, too.

I played in a band, the vocalist and guitarist.

All the guys and girls at school loved me.

Conceited, right?

But I’m telling the truth.

I was pretty much popular back in the days.

I never worried about love because it’s everywhere for me.

I can pick a guy there and he’d accept my feelings.

Not that I’m into guys but you’ll get the general idea.

The funny thing is I’ve never been serious with any of those who had confessed to me.

The captain of the football club did, and I rejected him with a kick on the groin when I found out what his true intentions were.

The school’s star cheerleader confessed too, but after she locked herself up with yours truly in the locker room and she’d flashed me, I slapped her and left.

For me, love isn’t just about .

How can you even have without having feelings for the person you’re doing it with?

They may have feelings for me but I’ve never felt the same way.

Well, maybe there was- is an exception.

My only exception.

I admit that I’ve not treated her so well back then.

She’s my neighbor and a senior at school by one year.

I know, she’s older but you can’t blame me.

She was such a nerd.

She was so fragile, timid and shy.

That I can’t help but make fun of her.

I bullied her, treated her like trash while the only thing that she’s given me is admiration, and maybe love.

I don’t know where she got the courage to do so because she’s such a shy girl, but she confessed to me almost every single day.

One day after coming to school, as I was about to enter our house, she suddenly popped out of the bush and tried to confess again.

“S-Seungwan, I… I know I m-may not be wor-worthy but… I l-like you.”

“I know, I know. You always tell me that.”

“S-so-”

“We’ve known each other since we were kids and I’d want to tell you my sincerest answer to your confession.”

“I- R-really?”

“Yes, come. I’ll whisper it to you.”

“O-okay…”

“Stop jittering, Bae. It’s not like I’m going to bite you.”

“So-sorry…”

“You ready?”

“…”

“Fine, then I’ll take that as a yes. I-”

“…”

“I won’t ever like you. Not someone as nerdy and fragile-looking as you, Nerdrene.”

I pulled away and looked her in the eyes but what I’ve seen in those eyes of hers… It almost shattered the demon that I was back then.

“You… I thought you were some kind of-of angel. I’ve been admiring you for years an-and- You know what? One day, I’m going to show you. You’re going to regret what you’ve said. And even if you strip your clothes in front of me, I’m never going to accept your confession.”

Her statement somehow aggravated me and I’ve decided to urge her on.

“Oh, sure. Have fun. I’ll make sure to see your failu- oops, progress every day.”

She moved back with much force and glared at me,

“I’ll show you. Just watch and see.”

She left that day with a bitter smile on her face and she’d never bothered me since then.

I unknowingly kept my promise of watching her progress every day since her outburst.

She was a junior that time and I was a sophomore.

A year had passed and things gradually changed.

She was about to graduate and being on top of her class, she’d been busy all year long.

I watched her every morning on our front yard as she passed by, hugging her thick books with her arms and fixing her glasses with her flimsy hands.

I never really see her at school, or maybe fate didn’t want us to cross paths, or she was just plainly avoiding me.

I watched her every afternoon, there were times when she’d went home late at night, she became the class representative which almost gave our school principal a heart attack (knowing that Joohyun, Irene, Nerdrene, Shyrene or whichever moniker you’d like to call her, was a very soft-spoken person before)

I’ve only watched her from afar ever since. I never had the courage to talk to her again.

The words I’ve insulted her with had haunted me. I’ve realized that I did wrong and there’s no turning back from what I did; it’s already been said and done.

I can only watch her from afar (which means my house’s balcony, or by the window in my bedroom)

 Years have passed, spring has come and so did the blossoming of a once frail-looking, nerdy girl to a now authoritative, wise and gorgeous young lady.

I’m still quite a sight to see but never mind me, the lady living in the house next to mine’s an attraction even more captivating than any piece of expensive jewelry in this world.

I didn’t even realize that I’ve already fallen for her.

Not until a year ago.

It was like a slow and painful process. Knowing that I’d hurt her in the past with my harsh words and the way I’ve treated her, then I slowly realized that I’ve cared for her throughout the whole six years that I’ve been silently observing her…

I shouldn’t feel this way.

I could’ve avoided it when I still can but avoiding my growing feelings for her has never been an option.

Not for someone like me, who has finally experienced how to fall after years of trying my best not to.

Love is inevitable.

It makes you weak in the knees whenever you see her,

Makes you want to caress her hair when she’s sad,

Makes you want to wipe that frown on her face when she’s annoyed,

Love makes you want to do a lot of crazy things.

Like what I’m trying to do right now.

For the first time in six years, I’ve decided to approach Irene again with a rather foolish trick up my sleeves.

I slowly approached their gate and mindlessly dropped the ball inside.

Here goes nothing.

“Bae Joohyun!”

Silence

“Bae Joohyuuuuun!”

More silence

“CABBAGE!”

Just then, the door opened and out came a raging Irene.

“How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that, you dimwit?!”

“Uh, after 6 years? Never?”

She was­ wearing a white sleeveless shirt and really short shorts, her typical get-up when at home.

“I’m not some green leafy vegetable…” She mumbled to herself as my eyes trailed off to her surprisingly voluptuous body.

I was in my own little world for god-knows-how-long when a shrill voice brought me back to reality,

“Hey! Where the hell are you looking at, ?!”

“Your boo- I MEAN THE BALL! THERE, BESIDE YOUR RIGHT FOOT.”

“Well, you didn’t have to shout and be so accurate.” She picked the ball up and I swear, the urge to look down at her was strong but I need to keep my calm.

“What’s this ball for?” She asked, handing the ball out while looking around for any possible company.

“I was playing.”

“By yourself?”

“Yes.”

“Right…”

“You were the one who asked and yet you won’t believe me.”

“It’s not like you to play by yourself, Son.”

“So now we’re back to the surname basis?”

“Shut it.”

“Want to go play with me, then?”

“No, I wouldn’t want to stress myself out.” She stretched her arms up in the air and knowingly smirked.

“Tease.” I muttered.

“What was that?”

“I said cheese. I like cheese.” Great. Cheese. Of all the words that can rhyme with tease.

“And you’re telling me this because?”

“I feel like you might want to know a thing or more about me.” I winked at her.

“Are you flirting with me?”

“Err, no?”

“Good. Because nothing and no one’s going to change my mind about what I’ve said to you a few years ago.”

“…Of course, of course. But about that company you’ve applied for? I heard you just got hired.” I twirled the ball on my finger.

“How do you know? I haven’t even received any form of confirmation from them.” She raised her brow.

“Someone needs to do some background check.” I whistled.

“What do you mean?”

“Let me introduce myself properly, then.” I gave her a small smile. “Hello, Ms. Bae. I’m your new boss and I live next to you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Bloody cabbage, hell no.”

 

 

 

 

 

It's almost 12 in the midnight here and I still have an early 8:30 class tomorrow morning but I just have to update. I'm so sorry for making you guys wait for so long. If there are any errors, I'd probably correct them tomorrow or whenever. ;; ;;

Things are just about to get interesting from here on. Are you in it with me? :3

Any form of comments will be greatly appreciated. I love hearing from my readers~

 

P.S. Dumb and evil Wendy is dumb and evil (lol)

 

~ XOXO