Work It Out

Stupid Cupid

Chapter 3~ Manse \o/

 

 

 

 

 

Typical boring afternoon.

If it weren’t for my VERY bossy secretary, I wouldn’t have been going on about and searching for designs (that would be good inspiration, what Joohyun said, for one of our upcoming projects)

I think I’m starting to regret my decision of hiring Irene as my secretary.

She doesn’t even act like one.

I feel like I’m the secretary and her, my boss.

So much for having your dream girl work for you.

“Why’d you just sigh?”

“You’re here.”

“Unfortunately.”

“Out of all the secretaries I had, you’re the only one who had the guts to approach me this way.” I turned my attention away from my desktop and looked at her.

“What can I say? I’m one of a kind.”

“I never knew a few years would make you so conceited.”

She placed a steaming cup of coffee on my desk and sighed,

“People changed, Seungwan- I mean, boss. Nothing remains the same forever.”

“How about those who are in love or those who are happily married? Are you saying that their love for each other won’t stay the same?”

“That depends.” She was on her way out but she stopped on her tracks a few steps away from the door.

“What do you mean?”

“Depends on how you’d love and cherish her for the rest of your life and not treat her like trash.”

 

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

 

 

It’s six in the evening and I still can’t get that thought out of my head.

Was Irene implying to someone in particular?

Was she referring to me?

Or is she in a relationship now and that lucky bastard’s treating her like a piece of trash?

Just the thought of it taunts me.

I’ve badly treated her before and I’d never want her to experience that kind of feeling ever again.

Arrrgh! This is so frustrating!

I ran my fingers through my hair in annoyance.

I peeked out to see what she’s doing by the glass window separating my office and her desk.

To my surprise, she was also looking at my direction and I had to scoff and sit the hell down before things could get any more awkward.

I tried to busy myself with clicking at random designs on Google images when suddenly a pop-up message appeared.

Do you believe in destiny?

What is this bull crap?

I pressed on the close button but another message appeared instead.

In love at first sight?

Stupid internet bugs and everything gibberish!

I closed it again only to be alerted by another message.

Want to find your soulmate? Join us now and register for free!

Duh. I don’t need to find my soulmate. The person I love’s right outside my office, probably plotting for ‘What crappy things I’d like the devil Son Seungwan to do next’.

“I don’t have time for this so, no.”

I closed it again only to be spammed by more pop-up messages.

What the hell?!

Do I need to get a new desktop? A virus? Well, this is not the right time!

I closed all the tabs only to be left by one that says,

Just click on the OK button, ! And I’ll never bother you again. SWEAR.

I rolled my eyes. This has become tiring to the point that I badly want to smash my desktop with a sledgehammer.

And so I did what the (Hah! Take that!) message has told me.

I clicked on the OK button and it led me to a site: eros43.com

What’s this? A site? It sounds like one but I don’t see any lewd videos or photos.

I guess it’s not.

If this is some kind of sick joke from Seulgi, knowing how that stupid bear is techie, I’m going to strangle her ‘til her eyeballs pop out.

Another pop-up message appeared,

What are you waiting for? Click on the sign-up button, you fool!

This is starting to become creepy.

Is someone controlling this?

A big prank on me for all the things I’ve done, perhaps?

I decided to be a good girl just this once and filled the necessary things I needed to fill up on the registration form and clicked on the register button.

Terms and conditions blah blah blah.

It was too long. I just scrolled down, ticked the ‘I have read and agreed the terms and conditions’ button and proceeded.

Welcome to Eros’s realm! This is where all the love in the world starts!

Pfft. As if.

I never bothered on exploring the site more as I think it’d be such a big waste of time.

I clicked on My Account and looked for the Log Out button but before that, another message appeared,

Congratulations! You are now officially a cupid- Cupid? I guess that’s what this site calls its members. Once you’re one of us, there’s no turning back. Are you sure you want to log out?

Enough with this. Sure, I want to freakin’ log out. It’s been ages!

I immediately closed the tab and shut my desktop down.

I don’t need further intrusions.

One load of crap is enough for the day.

Nothing more than a stretch of satisfaction after a long and tiring day at work.

“Done for the day?” I haven’t even noticed Irene entering the door.

“Have you been here for long?”

“Umm, no? Just a minute ago, I guess. Why?” She asked; curiosity evident in her eyes.

“Nothing. What time is it, anyways?”

“Seven on the dot. Ms. Kang’s just left a few minutes ago, says she has things to take care of.”

“Believe me, that bear just wants to have fun. It’s a Saturday, meaning there’s no work tomorrow and she can do whatever she wants.” I placed my chin on my palm. “I hope she doesn’t get too drunk. I better call her later to check if she’s doing fine.”

“You can be caring too, huh?” Irene let a ghost of a smile appear on her glorious face.

“Only for those who are worth it.”

For the first time in six years, I finally get to see her sincere smile.

It felt like heaven and earth have both crash landed on me.

But I never want to feel the same way for any other person.

I just want it to be her, and only her.

I tried my best to snap out of it before she slaps me in the face for staring at her.

“Need a lift? I can drive you home.” I asked; hoping she’d say yes.

“I didn’t drive my car on the way to work today. Guess I have no choice but to agree with your offer.”

“You planned it.”

“As if I did.” She scoffed. “I can hitch a ride with Taeyong if you’ve changed your mind. He asked me first anyway.”

“Are you two an item?” Asking this is like hell to me but I had to.

“What if I say yes?”

“Ouch?”

I heard her cursing under her breath and muttering a few words between the lines of ‘What do I expect from a dumb heartbreaker’ and ‘Show her’

“Are you riding on Taeyong or me?”

“You want me to ride ON Taeyong?!”

“Ride on me, then?”

She gave me that dumbfounded stare yet again.

“You seriously need someone to tutor you with your Korean. I thought you’d learn the basics when you came back here from Canada thousands of years ago but I guess not.”

“So are you riding on me or not?”

“It’s WITH me, not ON me.” She sighed for the nth time today. “You’re 23 years old, holds a college degree, you even finished your masterals, you own this well-known company and yet you can’t say the right words most of the time.”

I’ll kiss you if you don’t shut up.” Whatever. I can always use English as my weapon.

“Kisseu?!” Her eyes went wide.

Seeing as she’s all ready to go home, I dragged her out of my office and into the elevator.

You’re cute.” I smiled to myself as I pressed on the elevator button.

“H-hey, what are you talking about and where are you taking me?!”

“Nothing. My car, then home.” I answered shortly.

“Taeyong might be waiting upstairs. I haven’t refused his offer yet.”

I rummaged on my phone’s contact list and pressed on the dial button.

After the second ring, the person on the other line answered,

“Yes, Ms. Son?”

“Taeyong, I’m taking Ms. Bae home today. You don’t have to wait for her. We’re actually on our way to my car now. Have a good night.”

I ended the call and looked at Irene’s direction.

 The ‘I win’ look probably written all-over my face.

On our way out of the elevator, she ran her fingers through her hair and smirked,

“You’re the boss.”

 

 

 

 

 

~

eros43.com is obviously a play of words and I know, laaaaame but I don't have any other idea *stabs self*

I finished writing this chapter while I was rolling on my bed yesterday, sick and my head aching- who cares?! lol I'm just glad that I've finally updated again after thousands of years. Hehey. Too many questions left unanswered, and what's this eros43.com all about? And will Taeyong affect Wendy and Irene's blossoming 'friendship' if that's even the right term since they bicker most of the time Guess we'll know in the next chapters to come :3

Comments, any violent reactions, or crazy feedbacks about Wendy's wrong use of words (lol) are all welcomed. I like hearing from you lot. Thanks for the subscribers, readers, upvoters and the like. Love y'all (; 'Til the next update!

~ XOXO

 

P.S. I'm planning on adding JoyGi (obviously lol) JeTi, and JungLi in this fanfic. Special chapters with them on it, perhaps? You'll know what I'm blabbering about soon. *winkeu*