Just Imaginations

Writing A Secret (Unfinished)

 

“Joohyun unnie…” Joy’s giggle could be heard all the way from the bedrooms.

 

Wendy walks into the kitchen, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes just to see their leader spoon feeding the baby of the group… Oh who cares whatever it was that Joy was being fed! She couldn’t identify the sudden prickly feeling that she felt.

 

“Oh unnie.” Joy greeted.

 

“Seungwannie!” Irene beamed at once, “Join us for breakfast!”

 

Wendy tried to smile but ended up smirking instead, “Not today, girls.”

 

Irene raised an eyebrow, “What’s with that look on your face?”

 

“Nothing, actually. Carry on.” Wendy turned away to grab some milk and cereal, “Don’t you… worry about me.” and she was gone as quickly as she came.

 

They blinked.

 

“Am I imagining this?” Irene asked.

 

“Probably.” Joy shrugged and pointed at her breakfast bowl, “Feed me unnie!”

 

The leader grinned, raising up a spoon filled with cereal, “Open wideee! Oh our Joy is so cuteeee!” She cooed and was about to pinch the younger’s cheeks but…

 

CRASH!

 

A loud clashing of tray falling onto the floor made the both of them jump. Seulgi stood at the entrance of the kitchen with a disgusted expression.

 

“I should have taken Wendy’s advice a little more seriously...” She muttered before picking up the tray and walking away, shaking her head profusely, willing herself, “It’s all just your imaginations, Seulgi! Get it out of your mind!”

 

Joy giggled and turned back to Irene, “Don’t you think Seul unnie is pretty 4 dimensional?”

 

“Try telling her that.” Irene laughed evilly.



 

***


 

At the freezing radio station…

 

One exceptional girl has again forgotten her jacket…


 

“Are you freaking dumb?”

 

“Stop harping already.”

 

“Seriously, Son Seungwan. What the hell.”

 

“Oh be quiet, Seul.” She groaned.


 

“Seul unnieeee!”

 

All three looked up at the maknae.

 

“Sit beside me!” She pointed at the empty chair on her left.

 

Irene immediately landed into the seat next to Wendy, smiling widely, “I was wondering when are you going to let go of that bear.”

 

“Huh?” She couldn’t understand Irene.

 

“You’ve been clinging to Seul all day. I was beginning to get jealous.” Irene chuckled softly.

 

“I was? Oh wow, I didn’t realize at all.”


 

***


 

“What’s with you lately?” Seulgi asked Joy with a frown. They were seated opposite Irene and Wendy across the large table.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You are all distracted and all over the place. Lately your actions make no sense.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Forgetting to bring your jacket today?”

 

“Oh? But you reminded me and I ended bringing it, didn’t I?” Joy grinned, holding up the apparel.

 

Seulgi shook her head, “You’re not Wendy. You don’t just forget stuffs.”

 

“Seul unnie, you're just imagining stuffs.” Joy playfully shoved at the bear's shoulders.



 

***


 

Irene threw her jacket towards Wendy playfully and the latter shot her a questioning look. The radio show is about to start anytime soon.

 

“Don’t want you to freeze.”

 

“Neither do I.” Wendy threw the jacket back and there it stayed on Irene’s lap for the next half an hour…


 

“You’re cold.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Stop denying. Take it.” Irene tried to push the jacket to Wendy again but the latter was just as stubborn.

 

“I don’t want you to freeze, unnie…” She held down Irene’s hands, to end their little tossing game.

 

This cold is just… imaginations...

 

Irene was beginning to frown as she felt the shivers run down Wendy’s arm and the girl was barely keeping awake too.

 

What happened next was unexpected…

 

Suddenly, Joy rose to her feet. She strode across the room and draped the jacket carelessly over Wendy before heading back to her seat and sitting down.

 

She heaved a sigh, “There. Jacket problem solved.”

 

 

Just... her imagination…?

 
 
 
 

Seulgi stifled a laugh seeing the shocked expressions on both Irene’s and Wendy’s faces, “Yes Shinyoung unnie, you were asking a question earlier?”