3

Be Loved By You

 

Eleven years old Jimin and Nana looked at each other. 

"Good night,Jimin."

Jimin looked at him with a smile. "Good night,Nana."

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

Nana wakes up from her sleep,not dramatically. Well,at least not like what you always see in some horror movies when  someone woke up from his or her nightmare. But for Nana,dreaming about Jimin is almost a nightmare.

Since Jimin and his father went to Canada six years ago,Nana has never seen them anymore. Acording to Mrs. Park, her husband is too busy to come and visit. They did not even come uring Christmas. Sometimes, Mrs. Park would be Skyping with them but Nana never got the chance to join. Just like Mr. Park,she was always busy. Always.

Of course,that was just an excuse. She is still scared of Jimin,actually.

Nana looks at her desk clock with her eyes half-opened. Her eyelids are too heavy for her to completely open them.

3.30 a.m. Nana wants to go back to her beautiful sleep but stops as she hears something or someone talking from downstair.

What is that? 

Nana wants to go and check, but being the scaredy cat she is,she stops and goes back to her sleep. The best thing she thinks she can do is to pray that everything is just fine and the previous sound was just her imagination.

 

 

 

 

"Jimin,wake up." Hisa father wakes him up. "We are here."

Jimin rubs his eyes. "What time is it?" He asks as he gets out from the car.

"3.20 a.m." Mr. Park replies. He calls his wife so she can open the door for them.

A few minutes later,the door opens and reveals Mrs. Park. She immediately pulls both of the men of her life into a hug. 

"Eomo,eomo! Look at you,my Jimin pumpkin! You are so grown up!" Mrs. Park says as she pinches Jimin's cheeks.

"Omma!" Jimin shouts,disagrees with what his mother called him but he is still laughing.

"Where's Nana?" Mr. Park asks. Upon hearing Nana's name,Jimin now is fully awake.

"Sleeping,of course. I didn't tell her you two are coming home. Come,get in before the coldness kills us."

Jimin immediately goes to his own room. He lays on his bed due to his tiredness. He tries to sleep but he cannot since he had slept in the plane for hours so he plays his favourite game in his phone. He does not realize time flies so fast.

Jimin is surprised to hear something ringing from the other room.

It must be Nana. He wants to go outside to meet Nana but part of him disagees so he decided to just watch her from the window.

 

 

 

 

 

Again,Nana wakes up as she hears the alarm. She stops it and prepares to go to school.Today is her first day of school and her first day of being a senior. That is why she is in her full spirit.

As she reaches the first floor of the Park's house,she was surprised to know that Mrs. Park is still not awake. Usually,she woke up early than Nana because she needed to watch the 6.00 a.m. news.

Is she sick? Nana thinks. She then makes herself a simple toast with jems and a cup of hot chocolate.

Nana walks out from the house and closes the door, Again,she was surprised to see Mrs. Park's car has changed. Totally changed. When did she buy change it? I swear she was still using the previous car yesterday.  

As she puts on her shoes.she hears someone shouts from the gate. Nana turns her head. It is a boy of her age.

"Good morning,chingu!" The boy waves his hands happpily like a kid. 

Nana smiles. "Taehyung-ah!" She runs to him. She is almost stumbling but fortunately,Taehyung manages to catch her before she falls. Both of them laugh at Nana's clumsiness.

"Why are you in a rush? It is still early." Taehyung said.

"I don't want to keep you waiting." Nana says. "Let's go."

"Yeah! Leggo!" Taehyung shouts and runs happily.

"Yah! Wait!" Nana shouts and runs after him.

"You cannot catch me!" Taehyung teases her and runs faster. Nana is still running after him. Both of them laugh as loud as they can.

You could mistake them them as a couple if you did not know them. Anyone who sees them can tell that they are really close. That includes someone who watches them secretly from the window of a room on the second floor of the Park's house.

"Wow." Jimin muttered.

Déjà vu much?

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

The bell rings,showing that school time is over. Nana and Taehyung pack their stuffs into their bags. They are seatmates since the first time they were in a same class two years ago. It is not like he cannot find another seatmate but he cares about Nana more. He does not want Nana to be lonely since she has only a few number of friends. Plus, Taehyung knows her past.

"Do you want me to walk you home today?" Taehyung asks.

"Aren't you busy?" Nana asks. She does not want to be too clingy. She knows she is not the only friend that Taehyung has.

"Well,I have football game today. But..."

"Then you should go. Don't worry. I'll be fine."

Taehyung gives her a doubt look.

Nana hits his arm hardly. "Yah! Just because you always said my height suits a 15 years old student,it does not mean I cannot take care of myself."

"I did not say anything. You said it." Taehyung teases her. Nana hits him harder.

Taehyung winches in pain. Both of them laugh.

"Alright. Take care. Don't stop at anywhere...."

"...and go home straightly. Don't talk to strangers. Don't accept any ride from someone that I do not know. I have memorized everything." 

Taehyung laughs. "So,I'll be going first."He waves his hand. "Bye."

"Bye." 

And Taehyung walks away.

As she finishes packing her things,she immediately goes to home,just like what Taehyung asked her.

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________

 

Nana sees the car is still there. If Mrs. Park really has changed her car,it should not be here right now because usually at this time,she is not at home.

Nana checks the shelf to find Mrs. Park's shoes,but she cannot find it. However,she finds a few pair of shoes that she has never seen before.

She opens the door with the spare key that Mrs. Park gave to her but strangely,the door is not locked.

What is happening exactly? God,please keep me safe. She gets into the house with an uneasy feeling.

"Mrs. Park?" She calls her name but no one answers. "Mrs. Park?"

She checks the kitchen. No one there. She calls Mrs. Park with the home phone since she does not have one.

"Hello?" Mrs. Park answers.

"Hello. Where are you?" Nana asks politely.

"I'm at my parents' house since this morning. I have sticked a note on the fridge. Why? Did something weird happen?" Mrs. Park said playfully as she laughs.

Nana feels strange. What does she mean? "Err.. Nothing. Have fun!" And she ends the conversation.

She walks to the fridge and reads the note. Wait. The uneasy feeling grows larger. If no one was at home,why wasn't the door locked. Whose car and shoes that I saw outside?" Nana is in a deep thought.

 

 

 

 

Jimin is home alone. His parents have gone to to his gradparents' house before Nana even woke up. He does not wait for Nana since his mother told him that Nana will be at school till 4 p.m.

Soon,just like this morning,he hears the door opens. He does not expecting anyone. He braces himself and check downstair.

He is in the living room when he hears someone talking in the kitchen.

Jimin walks to the kitchen. He sees a girl in front of the fridge but he does not sure if it was Nana or an intruder.

"Who are you?" He asks. The girl surprises.

Nana shouts as she hears someone behind her. She turns around. It is a boy teenage. A good looking one.

Nana moves backwards as the guy moves forwards. 

He looks familiar. "Err.. Nugusaeyo?" She asks.

"What?" Jimin chuckles in a sarcastic way. "I asked you first. So you better answer."

Nana gulped. "I-uhm. I-I live in this house." Nana becomes uncomfortable as the boy keeps on staring at her.

Jimin brushes his lips with his thumb and he makes a 'click' sound. "You live here?"

Nana nods her head timidly.

"Very well." Jimin smirks. Now he is sure she is Nana by the way she stuttuers and how timid she looks. That is so you,Nana.

"Who a-are you? Please get out from this house before I call the police." Nana tries to frighten him.

But of course,it does not work. Jimin chuckles. "Go on then. Let's see how the police catch the son of this house's owner when he did nothing wrong."

It takes a few seconds for Nana to digest the words. No way.. "Park Jimin?"

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

Do I look like I am in a rush? :/