2

Be Loved By You

 

"The Girl Who Lived-Korea's famous architect,Lee Minki,together with his wife and their daughter,Lee Eunjung and Lee Nana were involved in a car crash at Seocheo-gu. Lee Minki and his wife died on the scene. However,their daughter was fortunately saved..."

"An architect,Han Jung Woo,who was used to work in a same company with Lee Minki,had been arrested by the police this morning at his own house in Gwanak-gu. It is believed that he was the one who sabotaged Lee Minki's car that lead the car to misbehaved. According to the their workmates,Han Jung Woo might hold some grudge or jealousy towards Lee Minki. He.."

 

 

 

She read all the articles about her parents. But there was no article that she could read it completely. It hurt her heart more and more. Even though the culprit that technically killed her parents was caught,he could not bring her parents back. Nana let out a heavy sigh.

It had been two weeks since her parents' burials. Still,she caught the media's attention. Even today (in 8 o'clock in the morning),four or five reporters waited for her outside of the Park's house.

Yes,she was staying at the Park's house. Instead of their relatives,her parents gave their trust in taking care of Nana to their best friends. As for Nana,she surprisingly could care less. She had been living like a zombie. 

And as for Jimin,he also surprisingly could care less. In fact,he was being concern. He was the one who persuaded Nana to eat. He was the one who comforted Nana when she suddenly cried. Still,his words were cold but,hey,it is Jimin we are talking about. Seeing Nana cried was strangely hurting him and he himself did not know why.

Maybe because I am not that heartless. He once thought.

Speak of the devil,now he was standing in front of Nana's room,asking her to go downstair for dinner. Nana nodded her head.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________

 

The dinner was quiet,like usual. But the adults kept on looking at each other. Finally,Mr. Park cleared his throat,making all attentions were on him.

"Nana." He spoke.

Being herself,Nana staightened up her body when her name was mentioned. "Deh?"

"As you know,you are our responsibility now." He said. Nana nodded. "I-ugh. I don't know where to start."He cleared his throat again. "My company has transfered me to Canada."

Silence. Nana was still oblivious with what would Mr. Park was going to say. "Then?"

"So I have to move to Canada."he said. "And I can't live my family here. Especially you."

"So,I have to go too?" Nana asked. Mr. Park nodded in guiltiness. "But I don't want to. This is the only place left where I had savoured memories with my parents. I can't go to Australia anymore. Just like you,I also can't leave my family behind."

"We can't let you live here alone." Mr. Park said.

Nana gave out a faint smile. "Don't worry. I'll live with my relative."

"But Nana,"Mrs. Park finally spoke. "You're our responsibility now."

Nana did not answer. She realized she had no choice. "Okay. I'll go." But still,deep down in her heart,she did not want to.And everyone could see that.

"Where are you going?" Mrs. Park asked when Nana walked to the main door after she washed her plate.

"To the playground." In a low voice but could be heard,she continued,"this may be the last time I am going there." Again,she gave out a faint smile. She walked out of the door before she closed it.

The remain three looked at each other.

"I'll go after her." Jimin suddenly volunteered himself.

 

________________________________________________________

This was her umpteenth time sighing. The thought of moving out from Korea disturbed her. She played with the swing to relax her mind but stopped when she heard a voice.

"Lee Nana?"

Nana looked up to the voice owner. It was a boy stranger. "Nugusaeyo?"

"You don't recogize me?" He asked. Yes,a 'he'.

Nana tried to remember. She once saw him during her parents' burial. "You live around here?" She asked.

The boy nodded. "I'm Kim Taehyung,by the way." He smiled.

Nana smiled too. "I'm Lee Nana."

"I knew. I just called you by your name just now. Moreover,you are-err,quite famous. No offence,tho." 

Nana smiled upon hearing Taehyung's words. She shook her,showing that she was not offended. 

"How old are you?" Taehyung asked her.

This boy is so random. "Eleven."

Taehyung cupped his mouth with his hands dramatically. "Oh my God! Chingu-yah!!"

Nana could not help but laughed with his expression. She had to admit that the boy was so cute. 

Nana realized this was the first time she laughed after her parents died.

Without the two knowing,someone was secretly watching them.

 

_____________________________________________________________

"Don't worry Nana. Don't be sad. Good things do come."

That was what Taehyung said. She smiled. She was happy because after so many years,she finally got herself a new friend.

Then,a knock came. The door opened and revealed Mrs. Park. "Can I come in?"

Nana smiled. "Of course."

Mrs. Park came in and sat beside her on the bed. "Nana-yah. I'm sorry if me and my husband upset you."

"Eh." Nana was surprised. She did not expected her to apologize. "It's okay. I'm okay. You don't have to apologize,Mrs. Park."

Mrs. Park smiled. "Still,we have decided..."

"I am okay with every decision that you make." Nana cut her before she finished.

"No,listen first." Mrs. Park said. "You are not going to Canada."

Nana frowned.

Mrs. Park continued. "And so do I."

"What?" Nana was surprised. "But what about.."

"No buts. You are okay with every decision I make. You said it just now." Mrs. Park said. She patted Nana's head. "Isn't it a good thing? I am gonna live with my best friend's pretty daughter."

Nana was touched. She then pulled Mrs. Park into a hug. "Thank you. For every thing." She could feel tears were almost rolling down from her face.

You're right,Taehyung. Good things do come.

Mrs. Park smiled. She broke the hug. "I'm going downstair. There is brownie in the kitchen,if you want some. But don't finish it or Jimin will get mad. He has a huge crush over brownies you know."

Nana laughed.

"Good night." Mrs. Park said before she closed the door.

As she closed the door,Nana could hear Mrs.Park talked to someone.

"What are you dooing here,Jiminnie?" And it was replied with a "nothing."

Jimin? Nana frowned. What is he doing in front of this room?

And a knock came. Just a knock that could make Nana stopped breathing.

Nana opened the door. As expected,it was Jimin. "Yes?" Nana asked him timidly.

Jimin cleared his throat,trying to be cool. "You're not going with me?" Jimin asked coldly.

"Go with you?To..where?" Nana asked without making any eye contact.

Did I said 'me' and not 'us'? Haish. Stupid me is so stupid. Jimin mentally whacked his head.

Again,he cleared his throat. "I mean,you're not going with us? To Canada?"

It took a few seconds for Nana to shook her head.

Awkward silence. At least we can say it was awkward to Nana because the boy kept on staring at her.

She felt uncomfortable. "Uhm,good night." As Nana wanted to close the door,Jimin blocked the door with his foot.

"I saw you with Taehyung." Again,Jimin mentally whacked his head.

Nana looked at Jimin with surprise. 

"Good night." He suddenly bid her a good night.

Before he could turn away,Nana called him. "Jimin." The boy realized this was the first time Nana called him by his name.

"I'm sorry for bringing troubles or cause any inconvenience to your family. I am sorry if you don't like me staying here and I know you're sad because your mom is staying here. I swear I will protect her while you're away. Just,please stop disliking me. I do not know what did I do wrong." Nana said it perfectly and surprisingly,she could make an eye contact with Jimin even though both of them still could feel and the fear was still existed.

Jimin was speechless. 

"Good night." Nana said before she closed the door. Jimin knew Nana was not going to call him by his name again.

His heart wavered. He did not know why.

"Good night,Nana."