001

Tinted Souls

;Hyomin's POV 


 

I heave a sigh as I shut the metal door of my locker, a tad bit too loud. I could tell other students around were scowling at me as I pouted to myself, scurrying quickly t the next class— English. I dreaded that lesson as much as other people, even considering the fact that I kinda topped that class frequently. Nah, scratch that, I topped the whole cohort in English. And the only reason that's possible was that my mum was a English teacher in high school. The thing was that she was no longer by my side, no longer existing in this world. 

Yes, my mum is dead.

The sudden thought had me sighing once more as I lowered my head, sulking. I was intending to keep that frown on the entire day until I felt myself walking into something, no, somebody. I was so ready to look up and scold the living daylights out of whoever that idiot was that decided to walk into my face when I already felt this crappy. 

Well, this idiot happened to be the most handsome idiot I've ever seen on campus. 

He was my freaking crush, Kim Jongin. 

Before I start on how perfect he is, may I please mention beforehand that you certainly may not fall in love with him through my description of him in any way or another. 

Let's start with his muscular chest. I'm confident that he was dipped into a bowl of perfection when God made him, so confident. His face is carved in the name of perfection, every part of him is so flawless it hurts on the inside. His jawline was that sharp it looked like it could cut anything, metorforically of course. His nose is straight and sharp, skin as smooth as porcelain. Although he was a little bit tanned, I liked him so much that I could look past it even though I thought it would be weird for the both of us to be walking together without being judged for i had my mum's snowy white skin that sometimes, often looked pale to others.

My eyes widened to saucers when I recognised that familiar face that I stared at for the past years. 

Yeah, we've been in the same middle school to. 

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, stunning me for a moment. I mean, hello? Where in the world do you have a daily dose of Kim Jong freaking In ask you if you were okay? I don't have it daily! Just because I'm an ultra awkward potato that doesn't really hang out with the cool kids. "Huh? Y-yeah, I'm fine. why wouldn't I be?" I snapped out of my dreamy trance and managed to reply him, adding a super awkward laugh behind. Wow, Hyomin, how smart of you. 

I kept that fake smile on as I mentally cursed myself, my eyes darting awkwardly around. I have no guts to look at Kim Jongin in the eye. I heard one of his friends, Baekhyun, laughing quietly to himself. "You look like you just saw a ghost," Jongin chuckled out loud. "Glad that you're fine, take care of yourself! I need to go now, see you in class!" He shot me his famous smile with that laugh behind, adding the magical effect to it. Gosh, I swear I wanted to just die in a hole and fangirl myself to death. Then, it happened. He ruffled my hair. 

My managed to in a quick breath and bowed to him as they walked away, leaving you like a squeezed sponge, breathless

"Well, someone clearly didn't put in her contacts today." 

I heard a voice and immediately knew who it was, rolling my eyes. I turned around and saw him with the usual smug smile on his dumb face. "Oh, you have no idea how much I want to slap that smile off your pretty face." I said, glaring at the said boy. "Yeah yeah, but of course, not as pretty as your Kim Jongin." He made a snide remark and smirked. "Yah! Kim Myungsoo!" I proceeded to whacking him neatly across the back of his head with my History textbook. I pumped my fist when he rubbed the back of his head, groaning in immense pain. "Ha! Serves you right!" I stuck out my tongue at the dumb best friend and skipped my way to class happily after my encounter with Kim Jongin.

I took a seat at my usual spot, the corner seat of the class. Quietly humming to myself Maroon 5's latest song, I smiled to myself and did a little victory dance successfully without anyone seeing me as I thought about Jongin. 

But my nice thoughts were then cut off by the school's dramaqueen. Her and her loud screeching as always. I raised a brow and placed my chin on my palm as I waited for what she was about to exclaim to the whole entire world.

"Oh my God! I can't believe Kai Oppa just rejected me!" She started her big hu-ha with a terribly fake cry. "I'm like the most perfect girl, ever! I promise! How can he reject me like that, no one ever does!" She crossed her arms like some 5 year old kid that couldn't get the Barbie she wanted. "Brat," I mumbled to myself as I rolled my eyes, sitting back as I retracted my arm from the table. "Excuse me?" She asked as she walked towards my table. Oops, maybe I mumbled a little bit too loud? 

"Yeah, excuse you. What do you want, Sojin?" 

"Did you just call me a brat?"

"What if I did? Admit it, you're one." 

"! I can't believe Kai Oppa even bothered to talk to you! And touch that disusting hair of yours!" She hissed.

My lips pressed into a thin line, "This is probably why Jongin doesn't want you," I said, smirking as I saw a look of disbelief spread across her plastic face. "One of the reasons why." I added, making her fume more.

"You piece of !" She lunged forward and tried to attack me but fell backward as Minji pulled her hair hair from behind, causing her to fall backwards. " yeah!" She exclaimed as she saw Sojin sprawled across the floor, she must have fell back pretty hard. "Language, Minji." I warned as I stepped forward, volunteering to help Sojin up. But guess what, she tried to scratch my face as I leaned forward to help her out. 

"Woah there, missy." Myungsoo stepped in just in time to witness that and commented. 

"Oppa!" 

There it goes again, her endless flirting. I guess it just follows her for life, yeah? 

"Don't 'oppa' me when you attacked my best friend, twice. Quit your and get yourself together." He spat, making the girl tear up a bit at his mean words. "Oh and honey, you ain't that perfect. Compared to my Hyomin. So learn how to keep your pride, alright?" He asked tauntingly, smirking in satisfaction. Sojin got up and dusted herself, stomped her feet childishly before rushing out of the class, embarrassed to her wits end. "You didn't have to be that mean to her, you know?" I giggled and smacked his chest lightly. Myungsoo shook his head as he placed his backpack down onto the seat next to yours, "What can I do? She was being a to you." He smiled, touching the tip of my nose affectionately as I wrinkled it. 

"Cute," he commented, earning a giggle from Minji, my other best friend. 

"Gay!" I said back when I heard his cheesy remark, cringing at him.

"You guys would make the best couple." Minji said as she looked down onto her imcomplete assignment that was due today and shook her head. 

Unknown to you, who was busy scribbling down what you should do for today in your scheduler, Myungsoo was blushing to himself and secretly hoping that it would actually happen.

 

 

"I dare you to woo Kim Hyomin & date her for half a year." 

"NO WAY." He gasped in disbelief, "NO ING WAY!" He exclaimed, putting his beer can down onto the floor.

"I'll give you my car," Sehun smirked as he remembered Jongin's weakness. His obsession over expensive cars, even though he was rich. 

"Deal," 

"Yah, Kim Jongin, this is wrong." Baekhyun spoke out, trying to get him to change his mind. "Yeah, you shouldn't be doing this." Kyungsoo added, awkwardly scratching his nape. 

"This isn't about your reputation, it's just that she may be hurt from this." Baekhyun reasoned, "Can you not do this?" He pleaded, taking the girl's feelings into serious consideration. Baekhyun didn't know why, or what made him want to do this. Maybe it's just my own conscience, nothing more. He thought as he looked at Jongin pleadingly. "No, hyung. It's okay, I mean, she doesn't like me or anything. It's going to be okay, I'm sure." Jongin reassured them. 

"Are you stupid? When you woo her she's going to fall in love with you! Every girl does! They have feelings for a reason, Kim Jongin." Baekhyun raised his voice in agitation, angry that Jongin would even think to do something as heartless as that. 

"Screw that, I want Sehun's car for sure." He replied with those cold eyes of his, not intending to care about the other party's feelings at all. 


 

I don't know why but I've been happier these few weeks. The thing is, it's the first time I felt happier and that all burdens have been lifted off me. I felt like there was nothing holding me back anymore, like I wasn't dragging anything by chains. I was free.

 

Kim Jongin said he wanted to woo me. 

And so he did. 

 

At first it was just a simple date to the movies and dinner after that. He started picking me up from my house ever since he knew where I lived after driving me back home after our first date as an unofficial couple. He walked me home from school almost everyday without fail unless we had extra lessons which didn't end at the same times, or when he had dance practices and I had vocal coaching lessons. He would be there for me whenever I felt crappy, whenever I think about my mum. I told him every single little thing about me and my past, just like how he told me about his. We opened up to each other, and he accepted me for whoever I was even though I did so for him years back. 

He was there just like Myungsoo, but he gave off a different feeling. A feeling I can't exactly describe at this moment. I just feel blissful and happy. Like this wasn't real, like this was just a dream. This was totally not supposed to be the way like I pictured it. Yeah, I admit that I wanted it from the start but when I got it, it felt so surreal. 

I always imagined myself sulking my life away on my couch, watching my favourite movie (Charlie & The Chocolate Factory) on the couch and just wasting the precious years of my youth away, not that I care if I couldn't have Jongin. I would then receive the news of Jongin getting married to a beautiful girl, they will have perfect kids and he will have a happy life. While I probably cry myself to sleep every night, asking myself why I'm not as perfect as his princess. 

But I'd never imagined myself actually being his princess.