Say Yes or Turn and Walk Away

Wait For You

Putting his books inside the locker because it's a school work-free weekend ahead, Luhan lifelessly sighs. It has been two days already, and Sehun didn't even try to text, or call, or leave a voice message, or leave a note in his locker, or show up. Or just let him know that he still exists; that he still wants Luhan.

And Luhan, being the prideful fellow that he is, would never allow himself to be the one to get in touch with his suitor first. Even though it really is his fault as to why Sehun gave him space in the first place. Even though he knows the fact that he really misses Sehun badly.

"Then why did you even slap him and tell him to leave you alone when he kissed you if you're just gonna be moping around missing the guy in the first place," a voice suddenly distracts him from his thoughts. The voice of his best friend Yixing, to be exact.

"Am I that obvious, Xing?" Luhan sighs as they start to walk out of the building. "Did you see him in your class today?"

"No, he hasn't showed up since yesterday. And yes, you're that obvious," Yixing deadpans. "Really, Lu. It's been two days and you still haven't told me why you really did that. You can really talk to me about it, you know. I'm always judging you but I'm still here so," Yixing stops as he senses Luhan has stopped in his tracks. Yixing turns around to see his best friend looking at him with that look. That look when Luhan is so uncertain, yet so decided at the same time. 

Yixing has seen this look before, when they were younger when Luhan wants to buy ice cream even if his mother told him not to, or when he hangs out with friends until late but did not get permission. That look when Luhan wants something so bad but is afraid of the consequences.

"What if he's just playing with me, Xing," Luhan finally breathes out shakily. "We all know Sehun's rep. For what we all know this might all just be a freaking clichéd bet or prank or something. I want to be taken seriously, Xing."

Luhan continues softly, "Especially since I think I've fallen for him already."

Yixing's face breaks into a knowing smile. Actually, Sehun has already proven himself to Yixing a day before and has asked for help in getting Luhan's trust. It takes all of Yixing's willpower to not give anything away with his expression, as he knows Sehun has already planned something for Luhan later.

He walks towards Luhan and puts an arm around his shoulders. "Aiyoooo. Our Luhannie is growing up, falling in love and all," he chirps enthusiastically as he leads the way out to their usual spot at a bench in the school garden with Luhan frowning all the while, not amused by the not-so-serious response.

"Luhan," Yixing grabs the boy's shoulders as he sees Luhan's frown, making him face him. "Don't think I don't care at all, because I do. And I understand where you're coming from." He then pokes Luhan's nose and continues, "But it's your first time to fall in love. And luckily for you, you're not having an unrequited love for your first time. If Sehun is making you feel doubtful, then you talk to him."

"But—"

"No buts. You said you like him already. I'd rather you talk to him and be hurt so I can have an excuse to beat him up, than you not admitting your feelings which will then be an excuse for me to beat you up for being such a princess," Yixing punches Luhan lightly on the shoulder. 

"Yaaaaaa," Luhan pouts. "Where are you going?" he asks as Yixing starts to walk away from their spot after placing his bag.

"I forgot to get something in my locker since a certain princess was moping around," laughed Yixing, earning a glare from Luhan. "Let's celebrate you falling in love, let's go to Baskin! Stay there, okay!" Yixing shouted as he disappeared inside the building.


When Yixing was sure Luhan can't see him anymore, he gets his phone and makes his way to get to his fellow dance club members.

To: Sehun

4:08pm Green light!


"Why did he have to say Baskin?" Luhan complains, as he has been waiting for ten minutes already, hanging on to the promise of ice cream by his best friend. "Yixing what's taking you so long!!!" he screamed at Yixing in his mind as he typed the message in his phone.

Just then, the school's paging system blasts off with some sound glitches, then a song starts.

Yixing appears out of nowhere and approaches him with a rose with a teasing smile, followed by Jongin, Minseok, Suho, Kyungsoo, Tao, Chen, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kris.

Luhan is confused at first with what is happening, but he recognized some of his friends and the others had a thing in common: They are all members of the dance club, where Sehun is a member as well. The boys were amused as they saw Luhan's wave of emotions through his facial expressions.

As Kris gave him the last rose and took his position in the formation, Luhan bit his lip in excitement, in giddiness, in anticipation. 

 

If I asked to kiss you, would you say yes or turn and walk away? 

 

Sang a voice to his ear in a playful tone, the voice of someone Luhan has been waiting for. Sehun appeared at Luhan's side with a lush bouquet of roses. Luhan blushed as he understood why Sehun sang that line that way, internally cringing as he remembered what happened two days ago.

"Where were you???" Luhan asked in a hushed voice as he got the bouquet, but all he got was Sehun's wink as he went to the formation.

A crowd was already forming and Luhan is sitting there, not knowing what to do and with his heart racing. Sehun, Yixing and the others start their dance that had the crowd cheering on for them and Luhan. 

Luhan can't take it anymore as he tries his best not to squeal and cheer as well. As he plans to just look down at the ground, Sehun went up to him, still carrying on with the choreography while singing the lines to Luhan with serious eyes matched with an adorable slight pout.

 

It seemed just like the perfect move at the time

For me to make you mine

You said you think we should wait a while

 

Luhan's heart constricted as he realized this was Sehun's apology for suddenly kissing him. He should be the one apologizing here for slapping the boy, but right now Sehun is not only apologizing, but is also practically professing his love for Luhan for all the people to see.

 

And it might be hard but I won't complain

You could've been anywhere else but you're here with me

We can travel to space

As long as I got you right here next to me

 

Sehun takes his hand as he makes Luhan stand up, as leads the boy to the middle of the formation. Sehun then stops dancing and faces Luhan. Sehun grabs both of Luhan's hands and squeezes them gently as he tries to drive his point home.

 

I said I'll wait for you.

 

Luhan stares into Sehun's eyes, which was b with nothing but sincerity while his own eyes are already b with tears. Sehun brings up one hand to cup his face as continues to sing for him.

 

I just want to love you

Lord knows that I can't wait for the day

I said I must admit

Baby, I swear I'll do whatever it takes

To keep you here with me


Sehun brings up Luhan's hands as he led him back to the bench and kisses them as he sings the last line, before joining s as they finish the dance.

Luhan is still the center of attention along with the boys, but he does not feel shy anymore. He does not even notice all the others dancing and watching and cheering. He just bobs his head along with the music; grinning like a fool. All he sees is Sehun, whose eyes are fixed on him as well, with a beautiful smile on his face while dancing.

Loud applauses and cheers signal the end of the boys' performance. As the adoring crowd comes up to the dancers, Luhan makes his way to Sehun with a determined look on his face.

"You still owe me an ice cream date," Yixing calls out to Luhan as he walks past him. "Go get him, princess," he says with a smile.


Sehun is searching for Luhan in the crowd when he feels someone hug him tightly. He gets a surprise to see that it is the boy he is looking for, and immediately wraps his arms all around Luhan. They stay like that for a while, pouring out all their feelings and all that needs to be said in their embrace.

Luhan pulls away from the embrace but still clings on to Sehun. The boy breathes out a puff of air and bites his lower lip which made Sehun look at him curiously. Sehun was about to ask Luhan what is wrong when—

"You don't have to wait anymore, Sehun."

Before Sehun can process what Luhan just said, he feels arms wrapping around his neck, his face being brought down, his eyes meeting closed ones with long lashes and supple lips pressing softly yet firmly on his own. 

Before Sehun can respond, Luhan quickly pulls away, blushing furiously. Said boy then asks in a small voice, "You're not going to slap me like what I did, right?"

Sehun throws back his head in laughter, making Luhan smile as well. When Sehun sobers up, he pulls Luhan closer to his body and leans his forehead on Luhan's.

"Nope. As long as you promise not to slap me anymore whenever I kiss you. Which will be quite often from now on," he replies before he leans in and kisses Luhan fully on the lips, making sure to pour out his love for his now-boyfriend.

Sehun smiles as he pulls away to give Luhan and himself time to breathe, and smiles even more when he sees Luhan also smiling with his eyes still closed. 

"Come on babe, let's go on our first date now that we're together," Sehun offers his hand while picking up the roses. "Baskin?"

"This is why I love you," Luhan comments as he laced his fingers with Sehun's.

"Why? Because I'm taking you to Baskin-Robbins?"

"That too, but mostly because you changed. You have never given a flower to anyone before, much less do a surprise event like today," Luhan gushes, cupping Sehun's face and kissing his cheek. "Sorry I slapped you that day, and thank you so much for today."

"It's like what you said, there is anyone, then there's you," Sehun replies, grinning because of Luhan's cheek kiss. "I have an inkling on the real reason why you slapped me that day, that's why I did  this today. I know you deserve better than me, but I really am sincere with you. I hope today I've proven my feelings."

"And proven you have," Luhan caresses Sehun's cheek while smiling dazzlingly and affectionately, taking Sehun's breath away.

"But you can prove it further by getting me all the ice cream I want," laughs Luhan as he tugs Sehun to the direction of the nearest Baskin store.


A/N hello will edit any mistakes later as it is already 1:43AM and I have to wake up at 3:30AM hahahuhu

 

Thank you for reading ♥♥ selu 5eveeeer

 

comments pls! ♥