Chapter 2

Before & After {Discontinued}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat back and looked around the studio, the light from the window shined through and was reflected on the mirror. I examined the photo of EXO surrounding the walls of the entire room. One wall had a recent photo already including Kai, all twelve members in loose white dress shirts, hair pushed back and eyes looking straight ahead. And the other was a photo from two years ago, when they debuted-- their missing member already cut out. I scanned through each of their faces, pausing only when I found Sehun.

I stood up to examine the photo at a closer view. Sehun still had his incredibly ridiculous multi-colored hair in the photo. I remember how it was practically impossible for me to take him seriously with that hair. Thankfully, the company allowed him to have it dyed a single color after a few months.

"Our Sehun's grown.", I thought. Now, his hair's on a shade between brown and blonde. More often than not, he chooses to have it pushed back and styled cleanly. At times, I can't help but find my best friend attractive. But the thought that probably half of the Asian teenage population feels the same way instantly irks me.

I made my way back to the couch when suddenly, the door shot open. One by one, the EXO boys entered and bowed in my direction while saying hello.

"AhYoung-ah!!!!!!!", Chanyeol, one of the tallest ones of EXO screamed running towards me. He jumped smack down on the couch right beside me along with his best friend, Baekhyun sandwiching me between them on the couch. "How have you been?", Chanyeol asks with his usual hyper tone.

"I've been great!" I replied, noticing his newly dyed raspberry red hair. "And your hair looks great on you, Yeol."

"Ah, really? You think so?" He mumbled, ruffling his hair under his Supreme snapback. "Thanks, it's a bit of a mess today though."

"How about me?", Baek interrupted.

"What?" I faced him, observed his hair, and eyed him up and down. "Nothing seems to have changed with you."

"I got even more handsome." He joked lifting his chin, with a cocky smirk.

I gave him a straight face refusing to dignify his said statement. Chanyeol and Baekhyun continued to ask me about everything currently going on in my life while the rest of the members started warming up.

"Wait, where's Sehun?", I asked right when the door banged open as Sehun entered, now only in his black sweather without the varsity jacket with Kai following closely behind him. He spotted me and immediately walked to the area where we all were while Kai joined the other members who were warming up. Chanyeol moved on the couch, making space available for Sehun to sit beside me.

"Sorry, I wasn't here when you went up. Apparently, they were just scaring me to get me here early for rehearsal.", Sehun explained.

"It's alright." I said, as I took the cup of the iced latte from the inside of the plastic below me, and handed it to Sehun as he sat down.

"Aw." Sehun muttered, taking the drink. "You didn't have to."

"I know, I just wanted to." I responded with a smile. He teasingly flicked my forehead, like he always does as his way of showing his gratitude.

"Yah! You didn't get anything for the rest of your hyungs??", Baekhyun complained, pointing to the cup in Sehun's hand.

"Nope." I bluntly responded, taking a sip from my latte. He was left speechless and decided to just join the others who already started rehearsing, grabbing Chanyeol by the wrist and pulling him together with him leaving Sehun and me alone on the couch.

"You should join them already too," I insisted, rubbing my elbow against his.

"But you'll be alone," He said.

"It's okay, I'll just--"

"I'll keep her company." a familiar voice from behind says. I turned to the side, finding Kai who probably overheard our conversation. "You should start practicing now too, Sehun." he added.

"Seriously?", Sehun said to Kai. "Will you be okay with that?", Sehun asked facing me once again.

"Of course, but don't you have to rehearse now too, Kai?" I asked.

"Manager hyung said I should rest for a couple minutes."

"Have you been practicing since dawn again, Jongin?" Sehun asked. Kai just laughe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter