Chapter 1

Before & After {Discontinued}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Could you be any slower?" Sehun nagged from the inside of his black Audi A8, windows rolled down. Even from far away, I could already tell he was wearing his blue LA dodgers varsity jacket, a black sweater, his usual wayfarers, with his favorite Freiknock snapback plump on his head, hiding his honey blonde hair. I calmly walked down the steps of my loft's building annoying him even more as I shrugged on my coat, approaching the already opened car door.

"You're the one who asked me to come to your rehearsal today." I replied, as I shoved on a pair of sunglasses of my own upon entering the car, looking out the window noticing the clear clouds and the sun shining from behind the lightly tinted windows.

"Whatever, I'm late." He said locking the doors, "let's just go.", and hitting the pedal down the highways of Cheongdamdong.

"Jeez, what put you in such a bad mood?"

"Our comeback's in a few weeks, Ah Young. Every thing's changed because of a missing member, and cause of the replacement of that member." Sehun let out a sigh, eyes on the road ahead. "From choreography to blockings to vocal assignments to concepts, I can barely wrap my head around any of it--"

"Sehun-ah." I cut him off, "Stop the car."

"What now, Ah Young, I just told you I'm late and--"

"Just listen to me."

He hit the brakes without another word, carefully turning the car over to the sidewalk and cocked his head to the side, facing me once the car came to a complete stop.

"You'll be okay," I said placing my hand on top of his, "Everything will be okay."

He nodded, managed to let out a smile and proceeded to driving again.

"And speaking of which," I added. "I have yet to meet that new member you've been raving on about for the past weeks."

"He's a dancer. Barely two months with the team, and he's already the new leader of the dancer line." Sehun explained, eyes focused on the road ahead.

"Hm," I said listening intently, switching the station on his radio. "I see."

"Oh, and his name's Kai."

"That's his actual name?" I asked.

"No, it's Kim Jongin. His stage name's Kai." Sehun replied. "It supposedly means 'opening a door' in Chinese or something like that."

"And how is he so far?" I questioned, clicking on the radio buttons, switching stations.

"I told you, he's this some sort of prodigy of a dancer--"

"No, I meant as a person." I cleared up, settling on Sukira on the radio.

"Uh, he's a 94-liner like us so that says a lot." Sehun joked. "But honestly? He isn't half bad. Considering we're the same age, it was pretty easy for the both of us to get along."

"Can't wait to meet him then."

"I'm sure he'll love you." Sehun said looking at me for two seconds, with a slightly teasing glint in his eyes.

Oh Sehun has been my best friend for approximately fifteen years of my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter