Chapter 6

You're The First
Please log in to read the full chapter

So, Baekhyun had finally built up enough courage to contact Kim Jongin. He wasn't normally one to invite people over to his house just randomly, but this matter was private and he did not wish to be humiliated in public. He waited, stealing glances at the forever ticking clock. Then his door bell rang. He looked through the eye hole to make sure it was his guest and opened it. "Hi Jongin, come in," he gestured, avoiding any and all eye contact with his ex-best friend. He led him over to the living room before sitting down.

There was an awkward tension between the two. "Why did you just... leave me like that?" asked Jongin.

"You're asking why, Jongin?" he asked back. He had to keep his temper under control, otherwise he would just look like a fool. "Let's just forget about this okay? Those were your exact words to me yet, I could never forget it Jongin. The humiliation of being laughed at by my best friend and crush at the time, do you think I could forget such a thing? Do you think I could just forgive and forget what you did and said to me that afternoon Jongin?" he demanded.

Jongin was shocked to say the least.

"Maybe you were able to forget because you took it so light-heartedly, but I can never forget that day nor can I forgive myself for being such a fool to even try and confess to you like that. I changed after that so that I wouldn't have to live with that humiliation on my shoulders anymore. Yet, you're asking me why I left you," he scoffed. He took a deep breath, "Sure, I understand that we were both young and were most likely idiots at that age, but I was definitely not idiotic enough to continue staying with you after what you did Jongin. That's why I left," he answered.

After a long, tense silence, Jongin finally spoke up. "I'm so sorry Baekhyun. To have hurt you like that without even knowing all these years... I just knew that it must've been something that I did, because from memory, you never did anything to hurt me in any way. But for me to have hurt you just by saying those things to you, I'm such an idiot," said Jongin.

There were no tears in Baekhyun's eyes. He had no need for such a thing. He instead felt a massive weight lift off his shoulders. "I hope you and Luhan-ssi are doing well though Jongin," he said as he cleared his throat.

"How do you know about Luhan?" asked Jongin, sitting up at the sound of his boyfriend's name.

"Sehun told me," he answered simply.

"Oh, I see. He seems to be quite into you Baekhyun. I can see it in his eyes," he smiled.

Oh God, Baekhyun sure did miss that smile though. "Huh? Oh, yeah. He's already told me... anyway, you should probably get back to where you have to be Jongin. I didn't want to keep you here for long anyway." He got up and walked over to the door, Jongin following closely behind. He didn't expect a rather warm hug from the other. "J-Jongin?"

"I really am sorry for what I did Baekhyun. I hope you can forgive me one day," he smiled. He pulled away before exiting the house.

 

Outside, Sehun had parked his car in front of Baekhyun's house. At that moment, he was somewhat glad that his windows were tinted because he saw Kim Jongin exit the house in which he planned to visit. Once Jongin was out of sight, Sehun got out of his car, loosened his tie and undid the button on his blazer as he walked up to the house. He rang the door bell and waited only a second before the door was opened.

"Sehun, what are you doing here?" asked Baekhyun, surprised.

"I was just visiting," he answered, doin

Please log in to read the full chapter