Twelve

The Boy Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The school ended but still Seulbi and Sehun didn’t talk to each other. Well, they did but just a plain short conversation. It’s totally not a usual conversation like they always do. Seulbi packs her bag and stuff and walks out of the class. Yura left earlier as she has to catch up with her cheerleader practice. Sehun followed Seulbi from behind. He doesn’t dare himself to walk closer to her. She quickened her pace as she knows Sehun is right behind her. She runs through the stairs and walks to the bus stop out of the school. Sehun stops himself and watches her from afar as he got basketball practice this evening. He sighs deeply as he walks away. “I’m sorry, Sehun-ah” she said as she glances over Sehun’s figure.

Yura arrives at the practice place and starts to stretch on her own. At the other side of the field, there is soccer team where Jongin, Chanyeol, and Luhan are in it. Luhan is basically checking her out. Actually, Luhan did has a feeling towards Yura before but when she friends with Yunmi and turns into a y, he stops liking her but he thinks that the feeling came back after that short night with her. “What are you doing?” Jongin tapped his shoulder. Luhan was startled and looks at him. “The cheerleader team” he said and points at them. “You never look at them before” he chuckled. “Well, people change, right?” he winked and gets up. “Ah, you’re checking out Yura, isn’t it?” he smiled. Luhan turns around. “No, I’m not” he denied. Jongin grins as he walks passes by him. “Don’t lie to me. I’m not stupid like Tao” he giggled and Luhan wraps his arm around Jongin’s.

Yura stretches herself as she keeps looking around. She admits that she feels lonely as Yunmi is not around. She keeps sighing non-stop as she heard her teammate’s chit-chat behind her. They badmouthed her and giggling around. “Girls, let’s start our practice now” she clapped as she calls her teammate’s. They gather around her with a serious look on their faces. “What’s with the serious looks?” she smiled. “We want Yunmi” one of them said. Yura sighs. “Girls, I know this is so out of sudden. I’m sorry but we have to proceed with our practice even though Yunmi is not her with us” she paused. “Anymore” she mumbled. “But, because of Yunmi we won for the straight 3 years. Can you do it like her?” they asked. “Well, I can’t do that but I will try to make us win again this year. Can you, please trust me?” she asked. “We’re not going to practice today” a girl said and others nod. “Why? You can’t do this” she said. “It doesn’t feel the same when Yunmi is not around” they said and start to pick up their things. “Okay, but we’re going to have a practice tomorrow. Keep that in your mind, girls” she said. Some of them nod while some of them are just ignoring her.

Luhan looks around and sees Yura on her own packing her stuff. He taps Jongin’s shoulder and points at Yura. Jongin nodded and smiles. Luhan slightly runs as he approaches Yura from behind. “Hi captain” he greeted. Yura jumped a bit as she’s surprised to see Luhan behind her. “What are you doing here?” she asked. “Well, I have a practice” he smiled. “How about you?” he asked. “Well, they left. They don’t want to practice” she mocked. “Because Yunmi is not here?” he asked. “Yeah” she nodded. “Don’t worry. It has been 4 years since Yunmi become their captain. It takes time for them to accept but I’m sure they will be okay after this” he smiled. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter