The Shikshin and Her Cook

The Shikshin and Her Cook

Sooyoung's POV

"Nae Sooyoung-ah, breakfast is ready. Ireona ppali~"

I woke up feeling someone's hugging me from my side and his fresh breath brushes my neck, giving me tingles. Kim Ryeowook. I turned to him and smiled.

"Kimchi Bokkumbap?"

Ryeowook nods while giving me that cute smile I always treasure and disappears to the door. Well, as always, first thing's first, I proceeded downstairs to eat my breakfast. Indeed, it was Kimchi Bokkumbap. 

"Mukja!"

I was enjoying few spoonfuls of my breakfast when I noticed Ryeowook there, just staring at me as I eat. I paused for a moment and swallowed what I was chewing.

"Wookie-yah, aren't you having some? I can see you're getting thinner this passed few days. Please eat."

Ryeowook shook his head for an answer and smiled as if saying, "Dont worry about me." I finished what's left of my breakfast and cleaned everything.

Bored at home, I decided to take a walk and stroll along wherever my feet will take me.

"Wookie-yah, see here? I wore your coat. I left Meori, Suri and Cherry at home because I know sometimes they freak you out. Kekeke~ But, again, I forgot to bring my mittens" 

Ryeowook pouted, he always tells me not to forget my mittens for it makes my soft hands stiff but, it really comes out of my mind everytime I go outside. I felt someone hold my hand. I looked at my Wookie and again, he flashed me his cute smile, so comforting that I wish I could stare at it all day long.

After minutes of walking, I found myself in the baywalk at the park, sitting on the barrier that separates the park and the ocean, with a view of the clouds hugging the rising sun and the sparkling icy ocean beneath them. I clutch the coat I'm wearing tighter because of the cold sea breeze that surrounded me.

"Wookie-yah. I'm hungry again. Good thing, I brought some bread, the strawberry jam you made and some of your kimchi, too. See this? I'm patiently saving every bit of it so it would last long but, I think it's almost finished." I sighed as I eat the food I brought. By my side, again, my Wookie is just staring at me. I turned to him again.

"Wookie-yah, you can eat if you want to. I won't mind. Really. Have some please," Offering him a piece of what I'm eating.

Ryeowook just shook his head in reply and rested it on my shoulders. He's really fond of doing that. I find it funny because commonly it woud be the girlfriend's head that rests on the boyfriend's shoulders but, for Wookie and me, it's the other way around.

I finished up the food I brought in not less than five minutes. Now, I'm convinced that I'm a fast eater. "Shikshin Soo" that's what they call me. Now I remembered it again.

I've dated many boys before but none of them was patient enough to last and pass as a boyfriend. All of them gave up on me and left me. Some said it's because I ate a lot, some said it's because I'm too thin or too embarrassing to be with or too weird and too dorky, some said it's because they found someone who has a better physique than me and many more reasons. So, I said to myself, "I don't need boyfriends. Who needs them? As long as I'm with food, I know everything's going to be just fine and perfect."
But when Ryeowook came into my life, he proved himself, he proved that I can have both food and a man that will love me truly. He cooks really good too and never gets tired of cooking. I never treated him nicely before because I thought he's just like them who'll leave me when someone better comes along but still, he was always there, staying by my side. Inspite of my imperfections and personality problems. So with that, I treated him as my other half. 

I glanced to my side and again, I faced reality. 

"You know he's already gone, Soo. You better accept it."

I said to myself as tears began dropping from my eyes. I stood in the barrier where I am standing and faced the ocean.

"Wookie-yah! Bogoshipeo! Jinjjah Bogoshipeo! Why?! Why so soon?! Why all of a sudden?! I'm not mad anymore. I promise I'll be a good girl now. Just please come back! This is just a nightmare, right? Soon, I'll wake up and I'll see you downstairs in your giraffe-printed apron, cooking Kimchi Bokkumbap for me, right? Right?! Wookie-yah!" I shouted in my cracked voice because of crying. After that, I broke down and began crying hard again. It hurts. I heard my phone rang and I answered it without checking who's the caller is for I already know, it's Hyoyeon again.

(Soo! Have you eaten your breakfast already? I cooked some Kimchi Bokkumbap for you I hope I've done it perfectly and exactly like what you always want this time. So how was it?)

My sobs just answered her.

(Oh no! Choi Sooyoung! Not again. Hang in there, okay? I'll pick you up.)

Then she hung up.

It's been 2 weeks since we scattered some of his ashes here, in this very part of the ocean where I'm facing now. 2 weeks of daydreaming that he's still there. 2 weeks of pretending that nothing happened. 2 weeks of refusing to believe that he's gone, far away gone. 2 weeks of paining because of reality. 2 weeks of regret that I should've taken more care of him. I didn't expect he'll hide his sickness from me. I was so stubborn to not know. I was so dumb to just know it on his last day.

Hugging my knees while crying, his last words to me echoed in my head saying: 

"Nae Sooyoung-ah, I'm sorry if I have to go. I love you and always will."

-End-

 

(A/N: Okayy. So this was the first ever one-shot I've created. Short isn't it? Keke~ I have 3 unfinished fanfics and I'm not really  used to posting my stories online, I dont know why but I like keeping them just to myself or share it to my persoal friends :P wellI I LOVE SOOYOUNG so yeah, she's always my female lead. Keke~ I'll try posting some of my fics If I have time. :D Let's be friends. ^_^ )