Her Last Breath I

Her Last Breath

tumblr_mducwyPmZO1rnjgkko1_500.gif

 

 

chapter one 
her last breath
 
 
 
 
 


No One Pov

She picked up the phone. She could barely grasp it, the phone almost fell out of her hand. She was getting weaker and weaker every day. She dialed his phone number, hoping he would pick up. He answered after the third ring.

“What do you want again?” He groaned. She could tell by the way he spoke that he was annoyed.

“Can you come to the park? I need to see you.” She said, her voice cracked.

“I’m busy.” He said coldly.

“Jongin, please. I really need to see you.” She said, coughing. It was silence on the other line.

“Okay, I’ll be there in 2 hours, I’ve meeting to attend.” He said, then the line when dead. She hung up the phone.

She looked at herself in the mirror, focusing on how she looked at every angle. She touched her curls, which had been perfectly blown, and rippled down her back like waves. Her cheeks that looked as smooth as silk, and her bright eyes, with the lightest makeup she could apply.

She stood up, and looked at herself one last time at the mirror. The dress he had given her had fit her perfectly. It wasn't loose, nor was it tight. It was a knee length sleeveless, made with white embroidery. She smiled as she satisfied with her appearance.


*  *  *


The leaves blew with the wind around his feet. The sun was shining, the birds chirping, and everything seemed fine. But he was not, he was absolutely not fine.

Facing the lake he could heard the sound of Soojung’s footsteps approaching him. He turned around abruptly, facing her. She stopped walking a few yard from him, standing not far from him with an unwavering soft smile.

Jongin completely forgot what he was going to say. He was stunned by the sight of her beautiful face highlighted by the sun, her brown knowing eyes she looked at him, while her pink cherry lips seemingly amused. She clasped her hand behind her back. His gaze traveled down to the simple white dress she wore, he recognized the dress as his gift for her birthday. He had never seen her wear it and now he remembered why. She told him that she will wear on their forth anniversary. And she did. Now, she was standing in front of him, wearing the promised dress.

“Jongin..” her sweet voice brought him abruptly back to reality

“So what’s make you want to see me? Just be quick in what you need to say.” Not looking at her, he said coldly with crossed arms.

“Yeah, since you are a very busy person, of course it should be that way.” Her smiled widened. “I just missed you Jongin, and wanted to see you…” She said softly. “… for the last time.” She whispered slowly not wanting Jongin to hear it.

“You came all the way here just to see me? Why? I thought my mom paid a lot to you, Isn’t the money still not en-“

His word got cut off when she threw herself to him, her arms encircled his waist. With a muttered oath, he brought his hands on her arms trying to lose the embrace but she only tightened her hold on him.

“Please Jongin,” she pleaded, her voice muffled against his chest. “I know I’ve hurt you and-” she started but he cut her off.

“I’m not hurt!” he whispered harshly when he finally freed himself and pushed her. She almost stumbled but she stood her ground.

 “As you can see I’m doing great now,” he snarled. “I should be grateful that I home that time and I know that you’re no different with the other s out there. I have to thank Sehun for finally getting you off me. As you know I’m a busy person. If you’re understood, then go on. No need to worry about how I’m doing.” Soojung remained silence and stared at him, he can tell that she was hurt by the sadness lurking on her brown eyes.

“What? Do you have more to say?” He continued.

“Really- Is this how you really feel?”

“What do you want actually? Aren’t you expecting lines like; I missed you, please come back to me, I love you, I’ll go back to you so wait?”

“Why are you being like this?”

“I’ve just started to come to terms with reality.”

“Alright, I understand now. You acting like you didn’t see me, and you not want to see me, that was all real. So to you I’m—“

“A stain I want to erase.”

“You’re cruel Kim Jongin.” He chuckled as Soojung said that.

“You said I’m cruel? I thought you’re the cruel one in the first place.”

“I know,” she whispered. “That’s why I’m here to make amends. I’m sorry…” she trailed off.

His fists tightened on his sides. “What? S-sorry? Am I misheard it? How dare you still appear in front of me after you dump me and now you asked for my forgiveness?” he spat. “I will never forgive you Jung Soojung. I’m done with you.” His temples began to ache. Without a word he turned his back on her.

 

1 month ago

It was a relaxing spring afternoon in Seoul. The cerulean sky above was painted with wisps of clouds. Around this time of the year, the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. The petite flowers dotted the park, appearing in clumps which glistened under the sun’s golden rays. With the cheerful atmosphere, the two best friends sat on a bench, under the blossoming flowers, sipping a hot coffee.

“Sehun-ah, when are you going to get a girlfriend? Didn’t you get tired keep hanging out with me?”

“I don’t know, but I do love someone.”

“Really, who is the unfortunate girl?” She laughs.

“Yah! How dare you call her unfortunate girl? She should be the lucky one because someone who is handsome likes me falling for her. By the way can you stop calling me by my name? You should call me oppa instead.”

“But we both are in the same age.”

“Jongin is in the same age as us too. So why you call him oppa?”

“It is because-,” she couldn’t finish her words when she felt sharp prickles on her chest. She felt long painful tugs on her lungs. Her chest started heaving up and down painfully. Her breaths turned into short pant. Every intake of oxygen was difficult and painful.

“Hey, Soojung. Are you alright?” She bit on her lower lip, trying her very best to keep herself. She could see Sehun’s worried face as her sight started to blur and soon closed into darkness.

“YAH, SOOJUNG-AH!” Sehun patted her cheek, but her limp body just lay in his arms. Sehun quickly grabbed his phone from his pocket.

“Hello, this is Dr. Oh speaking.” The monotonous voice on the other line asked. His heart started racing.

“Dad, I need an ambulance. Soojung- Soojung, she passed out.”

“Okay, they will arrive soon, about 10 minutes.” “Thanks dad.” he hung up the phone. “They’re coming soon.” He whispered, staring at Soojung's peaceful face, the woman that he secretly loves. It’s have been 3 years since he loved Soojung, but he didn’t have the strength to saying it because he know it will cause things worse since Soojung is in relationship with his best friend, Jongin. He didn’t want their friendship broke because of his stupid feelings.

 

* * *

 

He sat on a bench outside the hospital room Soojung was in. His feet were furiously tapping the floor, and he couldn't help but attempt to looks inside the room several times.

It had been what seemed like an eternity before his father had finally exited the room. He stood up to face his father, Dr. Oh Jungsok.

“Dad-” He stopped when he saw his father's expression. It seemed tired, but there was also pity in it. He fished through his white coat pockets, and pulled out a pen.

His seriousness fell, and he walked up to him. He patted his shoulder. “Son, I'm sorry to be the one to have to tell you this, but she won't live for that much longer, I'm afraid she only has about… 30 days to live.”

 “What do you mean dad?” Sehun stuttered.

“I found that Soojung’s weakness and fainting spells are side effects of her… cancer. I'm very sorry. You should go in and see her. She’s already awake,” his father motioned to the door, and patted his shoulder before passing through him and moving on.

Cancer, 30 days to live, she'll be dead by March 31st

The tears were falling down his cheeks rapidly as he finally found the strength to barge into Soojung's room. He stopped as he saw her frail body laid in the bed. Her hands were peacefully lying on top of her stomach, and her hair was combed nicely. She glanced up at me with her soft brown eyes.

“Soojung-ah... erm”

“The day is on my 4th anniversary with Jongin oppa.”

“Uh..?”

“The 30th day is on my anniversary, the day I would probably die. It’s okay, I heard everything. I heard what your dad said to you.”

“Soojung-” She looked sadly out the window and smiled. Sehun looked up from her hands and saw that she is trembling trying to hold back her tears wanting to be strong in front of him.

“Please don’t tell Jongin oppa.”

“But?” Sehun devastated. She took his hand and squeezed it. “I don't want him to have a burden on his shoulders. What kind of girlfriend would I be? I don't want him worrying about me, oppa.” She said, her voice still hoarse from fainting. Sehun looked into her eyes, the pure and innocent eyes.

“Okay, but please let me make the next 30 days, the best ones of your life.”

“Arraseo oppa.” She nodded and smiled. The smile was the one he fell head over heels for. He chuckled, “You just call me oppa.” He smiled but inside he was sad, how such an innocent young girl was dying and how can this girl be suffers like this? A young girl who always loved to smiled. A girl who made his heart beat like crazy.

Soojung looked up and noticed he was crying. She wiped them away, “You’re crying.” Sehun can’t bear it anymore when he realized he pulled Soojung into his embrace. “I don't want you to die...” He faintly whispered as more tears fell out of his eyes.

 

 

to be continued..

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 author's note »Hope you enjoy. It's supposed to be one-shot, but I guess it's gonna be super long if I post it in one chapter, so I decided to split it. I'm working hard for this story so do support me by upvote and comment. I'm addicted to my readers comment you know xD I'm largely motivated by that. Owh I've uploaded the trailer. Feel free to check it. Have a nice day arcadians ^.^/