a lot can still happen

Anything Could Happen
Please log in to read the full chapter

 Here it goes... Warning: fluff incoming ^.^ (what a lame chapter title, i know)

 

Dara had the most peaceful sleep until it was shattered when she heard her alarm go off. Eyes still closed, she turned to her left to silence the shrill ringing. And then came Bom's incoherent mumblings. She swore she heard the words pudding and corn in between her friend's soft snores. Lazily opening her eyes, a contented smile graced her lips when thoughts about Luhan crossed her mind. 

 

Last night felt so surreal. Even though he accepted her proposal, she knew she had to eventually tell him that she likes him. 

 

Her musings were halted when she noticed a neon pink post-it on the bedside table. It was a note from Bom.

 

Luhan wanted me to tell you  —meet him at the park, by the big old tree ^_^

 

Strange that he had to relay the message through Bom when he could have texted her. 

 

Oh right, he didn't know my number and I didn't know his.

 

She got up from bed and moved quickly and efficiently, drilling in her mind to get his number as soon as she sees him.

 

In less than an hour, she was on her way out, wearing her usual style— t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. 

 

It was only seven-thirty in the morning as she rushed to the park. Meeting him this early made her very nervous. She had kissed him more or less eight hours ago. How should she act? The thought of seeing him so soon was making her palms sweat and her heart flutter. Facing him again excited her and at the same time worried her beyond comprehension. She thought she already grasped the fact that she will have to see him more often since she asked him out. Maybe she's not used to it yet.

 

Once she reached the vicinity, she looked around, and sure enough, she saw his unmoving form under the shade of the tree, his guitar lying beside him.

 

Dara approached him quietly. When close enough, she took time to look at his closed eyes, eyelashes longer than hers, the cute nose and lips that she knew just how soft. 

 

Her cheeks flushed at the memory of last night's kiss which was still fresh in her mind. She gazed at his face; his expression was so serene as if laying down on the blanket was the most relaxing thing. Well maybe it was. The soft breeze and rustling of leaves made her want to lay down too and take a nap. 

 

With a small smile, she gazed at him lovingly. She could not really tell if he was in a deep sleep so she stared longer than necessary as if doing so will give her an answer.

 

All so sudden, his eyes opened. Their eyes met. It startled her but she was quick enough to cover it up.

 

He looked surprised to see her. Now why is that?

 

"Missed me so soon?" he teased. He sat up from how he was lying down comfortably and began to stretch his arms upward. Dara's face was of concern rather than amusement as a response to his greeting. She sat beside him, leaving enough space—a gap that she wished he would bridge himself.

 

Even though she was the one who kind of pursued him, she was still not that bold to show how much she wanted to be close to him.

 

He stretched his arm towards her, opened one eye and motioned for her to lay down beside him.

 

Dara didn't know if she should answer his question or simply fall into his arms. The idea of laying down next to him made her heartbeat race madly. 

 

But her body betrayed her indecisive thoughts; her stomach fluttered at what was obviously an invitation for her to be in close proximity. She wasn't hoping for a kiss but to be in his arms was absolutely what she need right now. She moved closer and then lay down beside him, her head rested on his stretched arm; for a few seconds she was as stiff as a log and maybe even forgot how to breathe.

 

She wondered if he felt her stiffness because he made a move to make her feel comfortable by guiding her to turn on her side and face him. She saw his eyes were closed and as she moved closer, her face started to feel warm. She got a good view of his neck and never really thought that she would want to kiss it until now. She tried to shake off the sudden desire and focused her eyes on his face but her view was drawn towards his neck for some weird reason. 

 

She wanted to bury her face in the crook of his neck and sniff it if she ever found the audacity.

 

She cleared as if by doing so will get rid of such thoughts.

 

"Is it working?" Luhan asked nonchalantly. She could detect he was up to something. She hoped he didn't catch her gawking.

 

"What's working?" She thanked the distraction. And thanked herself for having the right mind to put her right arm between them though she almost came close to hugging him and run her hand on his back.

 

"Me seducing you," he whispered, as if that will contribute a lot to what he was up to. S

Please log in to read the full chapter