Chapter 1

Anything Could Happen
Please log in to read the full chapter

For the lack of anything better to do, Luhan settled in the co-ed dorm's rooftop. He was leaning cross-legged against the wall near the door while gazing at the sky, the countless stars and the full moon. He felt no need to hurry back to his room since it's a Friday which means he can stay up late. Besides, he could hang out in the rooftop for as long as he wanted.

 

Relaxed, Luhan suddenly stiffened. His senses told him someone was coming; he heard the light footsteps. After the notion crossed his mind, she was already in front of him on her knees, leaning towards him. And why was she suddenly visiting the rooftop? Not that he's implying she knew he was there. Maybe she needed a break and decided to relax, after all it was open to every dorm resident.

 

Even in the dim light coming from the open door, Luhan could see the hesitation in her eyes. It gave him the impression that she was about to do something she's uncertain of. 

 

For a moment, he forgot to react to the person in front of him, her face inched closer, he could practically hear her breathing, and feel her warm breath on his face. It was that close.

 

"Da---" What he intended to say was hushed by the brushing of her lips against his, like a feather, so soft... The feel of it clouded his mind and made him close his eyes.

 

He did not know how to react at this strange ritual only lovers do. Her lips moved awkwardly against his, like she was trying to get used to the feeling. And moments after the shock, he found himself responding to her, his actions mirroring her own.

 

He knew nothing about kissing yet he tried. She deepened the kiss and he unexpectedly liked it. He responded with the same intensity, doing what she's doing, realizing her lips taste like mint--- he liked that flavor.

 

Just when he was enjoying the kiss, she stopped, so did he. It must have been several seconds that their lips were connected, unmoving, when they realized the need for air. Their lips separated. She moved her head a little to the right, brushing her left cheek against his in the process. Her left hand was holding his neck, almost choking him but he didn't mind. He wasn't even aware she was holding onto him that way. It was nothing but intimate. He could smell her fruity shampoo.

 

There were a lot of questions swimming in his head, along with that scent. She was hugging him, which made it difficult for him to organize his thoughts. Her body was radiating warmth that extinguished the cold shivers he felt earlier when he was alone.

 

"What was that?" he whispered against her ear. He did not dare push her away from him. In fact, he enjoyed the feel of her nearness.

 

He didn't know a kiss could feel like that... like a walk in the clouds or a one-mile run that would cause his heart to beat so fast. He did not expect this from Dara, the girl he found to be awkward, quiet and reserved. How can she make him feel emotions that were very strong, weird and new.

 

"What was that for?" Luhan asked, when she failed to respond the first time he inquired.

 

Her lips lightly brushed his cheek and he can feel her hot breath when she whispered, "I'll figure it out…" 

 

Just like that, she immediately left without looking at him.

 

Luhan was left alone, wondering if that was real. It seemed he couldn't slow down the rapid beating of his heart caused by what happened. He couldn't move to follow her and demand a better answer.

 

 

Dara burrowed herself under the blanket when the sun's rays greeted her unkindly the moment she opened her eyes. She couldn't believe she slept soundly through the night. There were no interruptions as she drifted into a continuous sleep with perhaps a bit of Luhan here and there in her unconsciousness.

 

She still couldn't believe she finally did it. Her courage and boldness came from out of nowhere. It had completely overcome her; it made her blindly throw herself at him and kiss him right smack on the lips.

 

Could she have picked a better place? Who knew she had it in her? Was it wrong? Was it too much? But no matter what, she just had to act before she got herself constantly disturbed by thoughts of him. She couldn't even remember when the obsession became uncontrollable.

 

All that's clear was she had developed this silly liking for a guy who finds it a burden to deal with women. Despite that, it did not stop her from liking him more. What else, her feelings intensified when she saw him perform. She admired him for his gift of music, his guitar skills and when that merged, she was moved. She recalled how she couldn't tear away her gaze from the stage when he performed. Bom had invited her to watch. As part of their midterms, each student must perform. She was hesitant at first, but when she saw him, she was glad she let herself be dragged by Bom.

 

Back to her current predicament: How will he deal with her after what happened? How will she react when she sees him? Did he enjoy it? That was the important question. What if he confronts her about it, what will she say? What reason could she have that he will accept?

 

She had none at the moment.

 

Panic.

 

And so there it went--- all her courage and boldness flew out the window.

 

She thought she was done with panicking. After all, it's been a week since she ambushed him. By now, she should have thought of a better way to at least explain it to him.

 

For a whole week, she avoided running into him in places she knew he will frequent. Her slight obsession came in handy; she had a list of his schedule, the fruits of her following him for a few weeks. She's not a stalker; just an observer.

 

She also enlisted Bom's help with regard her current course of action which was 'fleeing'. She asked her friend to observe Luhan if there were any signs at all that he was moved by it. She needed an eye that will observe his actions, even the slightest or insignificant emotions. No matter how strong the urge was to spy on him, Dara couldn't be the eye; she definitely couldn't spy on him. Bom was the right person for the job since they have the same classes.

 

Still lying in bed, what happened that night flashed before her, the memory of the kiss they shared still did not fail to send shivers down her spine. He was a good kisser for a first-timer. 

 

According to Bom, he probably knew nothing abut kissing. She mentioned about accidentally hearing Chen about not having a girlfriend since birth and not having been kissed.

 

Dara needed another plan--- a good excuse to prolong the confrontation. She couldn't guarantee if the urge to kiss him will not overcome her when they meet again. Now she sounded like a 'kiss addict.' Where did the awkward, reserved and quiet girl gone to? She cannot steal a kiss the second time around.

 

Perhaps, she could ask for Bom's advice regarding this matter. Her best friend had to have a better solution since she's the one to blame for what happened. Lately, they seldom see each other even if they're roommates. Her friend seemed so busy these past few days.

 

Bom was the very root of this insanity--- advising Dara to kiss Luhan.

 

At first, Dara was completely against the idea of going that low to prove her assumption that her attraction or whatever, was only a fleeting emotion which will soon pass.

 

No matter how against it Dara was, Bom had a point. "Dara, anyone can tell whether it's simply attraction or is bound to be something more through a KISS," she said while expertly applying nail polish on her toenails. She declared it as though it's a normal thing to throw oneself to anyone and to kiss anyone.

 

They were in their dorm room, having a conversation about Dara's problem. It had turned into a habit. She started sharing her thoughts about Luhan since Bom knew him better--- she talks to the guy often since they were classmates and even seat mates in most classes.

 

Right, trust Bom to come up with the most sadistic and odd suggestions.

 

"How will I do it?" Dara was clueless, and Bom finally looked at her, triumphant.

 

"It's up to you." Her smile was malicious.

 

"B-but I never do this kind of things, you know that," she whined. 

 

"You have to do it. Or you'll end up forever pining over him and miss the other opportunities life has to offer. You can't just stand there and do nothing."

 

"Honestly, where did you get that kind of idea? You know more than I do, so why can't you help me? Please help me Bom," Dara was begging now.

 

"Let me see…" Bom tapped her index finger in her chin, lips pursed while thinking. "Maybe you can drink two bottles of soju, or maybe one is enough, pretend you're drunk and kiss him... after that, act like it was an innocent accident, use alcohol as an excuse, I don't know. Luhan will accept that alibi; it would be too burdensome for him to argue about it with you…"

 

Bom was joking; Dara could tell by the way she was trying hard not to laugh at her own silly joke.

 

For Dara though, it was not funny at all. "Ya! You're not helping."

 

"Trust me. You'll know what to do when you get there. Besides, plans don't work most of the time. Be spontaneous!" Bom's eyes glinted with naughtiness.

 

Why was it that Dara had a bad feeling? It's as though she was being tricked into doing something she'll regret later.

 

"What if he threw me off, that'd be embarrassing," said a very anxious Dara, still trying to buy her way out of it, even though slowly, she's starting to be convinced that it's her only option.

 

"Luhan throwing you off? Nah, that won't happen!" Bom disregarded Dara's doubts and went back to applying nail polish.

 

Dara had the sudden urge to snatch away the nail polish bottle and throw it away out of frustration. Bom brushing her off like that was tantamount to telling her 'you're on her own.'

 

"How can you tell it won't happen?" She hoped Bom would at least give her a valid explanation so she wouldn't have to be surprised when Luhan indeed threw her off him in disgust. She needed a warning at least.

 

"Just do it. The sooner you act on it, the better. Remember, your questions will be answered. After that, you can move on and finally be rid of that

Please log in to read the full chapter