Kyuhyun's Vigil pt 2

The Druid and the Wolf

Leeteuk tries to relax the longer the day wears on, but even with Kangin and Siwon trying to help him settle things with the Council, the Hunters and his own Pack, the Alpha feels like he’s been run over a million times.

A dull throbbing has started in his temples and grown slowly in intensity the longer he has to deal with the storm that dropped on his front lawn.

The fact that the incubi’s trying to deny all the charges against himself to the International Council doesn’t help either, though with the incriminating evidence of being caught in the act with 5 witnesses, even though 2 are Black Hunters, and the knowledge that Jessa’s mated to Kyuhyun is more damning to the half-demon than he realizes as the International Council, Jessa’s Clan leader, and the Hunter’s Association all work to ensure that Park Yoochun will either be put to death, or imprisoned for life.

The longer the Pack takes to comb over the Pack law books, the more Leeteuk has to stamp down any worries that they won’t be able to call for death, until a black Jeep, not unlike their own Pack vehicle pulls up to their house.

It takes the thin, charismatic Alpha exactly 30 seconds to realize that the crest on the Jeep signals the occupant is a representative from the Alpha of all the Packs, and Leeteuk shoves down a quiver of fear. Is this the Head Alpha herself coming to investigate what had happened on her Pack lands? Or one of her assistants?

The door to the Jeep opens as Leeteuk mentally calls for his Pack to prepare for whomever is stepping out of the vehicle when the tall, dark head of The Head Alpha’s mate, Kim Jaejoong steps out of the vehicle, a frown marring his narrow face.

Jaejoong, who looks more feline like than wolf, practically the second voice of the Head Alpha when the latter wasn’t in attendance, glanced about the scene in front of him before shutting the door to the Jeep, and moving around to the passenger side.

Leeteuk’s eyes widened in shock when Jaejoong opens the passenger door, and his mate, the Head Alpha, Kwon Boa, is helped out by her mate, the swell of her growing pregnancy evident as she walks around the vehicle and spots Leeteuk poised on the steps, a smile growing on her youthful face.

“Head Alpha.” Leeteuk rushes down the steps of his Pack house to her, bowing deeply in respect for the highest wolf in their world. “What brings you here?”

It’s rare for the Head Alpha to be making a visit to a problem in one of the Pack territories, especially when said Head Alpha is pregnant and nearly upon her due date to boot. Boa smiles as Leeteuk bows. “I heard Kyuhyun has gotten himself a new mate, and,” Boa glances at the yard, spotting a still frozen in place Yoochun, her eyes hardening at the demon. “Speaking to multiple parties all at once about a rogue incubi who’s violated a Pack member’s mate became cumbersome and confusing.” She glances up lovingly at her mate before clearing . “I hate to ask for help, but with the baby, it would take forever to climb the steps, and, wow, your beta really did a number on that front door didn’t he?”

Leeteuk’s never felt so relieved in his life as he happily helps the Head Alpha up the steps to his house, listening to her ramble as Jaejoong follows dutifully behind his heavily pregnant mate.

Ryeowook has refreshments for their esteemed guests laid out already by the time Boa arrives in the large Pack meeting study, the rest of the Pack already standing and bowing deeply to show their respect.

“Where is Kyuhyun?” Boa asks.

Jessa’s Clan leader stays in the background, waiting to be acknowledged by what she freely admits is the most beautiful, glowing she-wolf she’s ever seen as Donghae straightens. “Kyuhyun is with his mate in my medical room, Head Alpha.” He says respectfully, while eyeing her swollen belly.

Boa smiles, and pats Donghae on the shoulder. “Thank you my dear delta.” She says. “I would like to visit him and his mate first, if that is ok with you?”

Donghae nods. “His mate is still unconscious, and last I checked Kyuhyun is in wolf form, Head Alpha.” He replies. “He may not respond to your presence due to his concern for her.”

Boa nods. “I would figure as much. I will return in a little bit. Jae, if you want, you can stay out here with the rest? Bring them up to speed on what we decided while coming here.”

With that, Boa walks out of the room towards Donghae’s med room, the Delta leading the Head Alpha respectfully as Jaejoong glances around and tells everyone to relax while he sits to take a sip of the calming jasmine tea that Ryeowook’s brewed.

**

Kyuhyun reluctantly heads into the shower to scrub off the evidence of his battle, extra alert to any sounds in either room, opting to leave the bathroom door open as he shifts into his human form, groaning at the sore muscles that scream at him in protest. He scrubs hard and fast, even going so far as to shift back into wolf form to make sure his fur smells just as clean as his human form.

Drying himself off in wolf form is a , but once he feels he’s sufficiently dry enough, he pads back out into the room, noticing no changes in Jessa’s breathing or how her body lays on the bed since he was allowed in the room.

He doesn’t remember Donghae forbidding him from laying next to his mate on the bed, so he carefully hops up, constantly checking his mate’s face in case she wakes up, settling down as close to her body as he can and nosing softly at her cheek.

Please wake up soon.’ Kyuhyun nearly whines silently as the exhaustion from the adrenaline rush overtakes his body and he slips into sleep easily.

**

Donghae nearly curses when he realizes that he’s forgotten clothing for Kyuhyun, hoping the younger wolf has taken his order and actually showered and had enough decency to shift back to wolf form as he and Boa stand outside the door to the med room.

He’d explained to Boa about what had happened to Jessa, at least, from what they could tell by the physical bruises, the gory and how he and her Clan leader had worked to stem the flow of blood once they’d realized exactly how barbaric and evil the act of with a pissed off half-incubi was.

Boa had shuddered visibly more than once, and Donghae’s pretty sure the petite Alpha is nearly in tears because of what happened to Jessa.

The moment the door opens to the room, Donghae breathes a sigh of relief as he spots Kyuhyun in wolf form sleeping soundly next to his mate, and frowns when he realizes that the druid hasn’t moved an inch since she was placed in the bed.

Boa, on the other hand, steps into the room, one hand on her stomach, the other reaching out to softly caress Kyuhyun’s fur. “My poor babies.” She whispers, and the scent of salty water drifts back to assault Donghae’s nose.

The Head Alpha is crying.

Donghae only prays that this doesn’t send her into premature labor, Jaejoong would have his head if that happened and they weren’t at home in the Head’s Pack house. “Head Alpha?” He asks uncertainly.

“Shh.” Boa sighs, resting her free hand over Jessa’s head, and then gasping suddenly as she recoils from the druid.

“Head Alpha!” Donghae lurches forward to steady Boa, watching as Kyuhyun bolts up from his slumber, teeth bared and a growl emitting from him. “Kyuhyun, stand down.” Donghae growls back at the beta.

“I’m ok Donghae.” Boa murmurs, watching as Kyuhyun blinks and realizes who exactly is standing in front of him, the wolf suddenly laying down in a submissive pose, or as much of one as he can while on the bed, and whining pitifully at Boa. “You’re ok Kyu.” She coos. “I know I startled you.”

Kyuhyun’s whining softens, but doesn’t go away as he stares at the Head Alpha, his ears back in an apologetic posture. He won’t change since he’s got no clothing to cover himself with, and unless she orders it, he prefers to stay in wolf form since he can feel the mate bond with Jessa pulsing stronger than when he is in human form.

Boa steps closer once she’s sure Kyuhyun won’t attack her, and smiles softly at the younger wolf. “I just want to check on her.” Boa tells Kyuhyun as he lifts one of his ears.

Kyuhyun huffs in resignation as Boa lays her hand back on Jessa’s forehead.