The news they didn't want to hear

The Druid and the Wolf

“What the did you say?” The voice snarls through the phone, causing Yoongi to cringe as he pulls the phone from his ear.

“I’m sorry sir.” Yoongi replies, his voice cracking. “We have been trying to find a way to sneak into the house and take her, but the mutt in charge of the group has the area locked down on constant patrols and the Hunter’s Association is watching our every move.”

A loud disappointed sigh is heard over the phone. “I’ll forgive you for ing this up only once seeing as you’ve never had a failure while in my employ.” The voice seethes with barely controlled fury. “Be prepared, I am arriving in a day, and I’ve already sent some of the others in my employ to help you. This will be the ONLY time I let you up. Next time I won’t be so lenient.”

Namjoon watches the older man pace while he’s on the phone, wondering exactly what is being said by their employer for Yoongi to be making a face full of worry and fear. He continues to clean his weapon, waiting for Yoongi to get off the phone so they can plan their next move.

“!” Yoongi screams suddenly, startling Namjoon out of his quiet thoughts. Looking up, Namjoon watches as Yoongi slams a fist into the wall in front of him, cringing at the loud crack from the impact and knows they’re not going to get away with the hole in the drywall that Yoongi’s just damaged.

“Hyung.” Namjoon’s voice croaks as he attempts to get a hold of Yoongi’s attention. He doesn’t want to see the room they’ve managed to procure damaged more than it already is.

Yoongi’s temper when roused is nearly demonic with how quickly he can lose control.

Namjoon tries to clear his throat and call out again when Yoongi whirls around and stares at him. “Our employer is boarding a plane here and has sent reinforcements.” He hisses the last word.

“What the for?” Namjoon his lips and tries to clear his throat again. The treatment they received at the hands of the Hunter’s Association was nothing short of torture, being denied basic needs like water and food for nearly 3 days, and his voice still hasn’t recovered from screaming for food. They were lucky they weren’t beaten within inches of their lives before they’d been thrown back on the streets of Seoul, in the shadier parts of the town no less.

Namjoon shudders remembering the look on their former colleagues’ faces as they were shoved out of the van in the back alleys of town, a bag thrown down on the ground as the men they’d once called their brethren laughed and wished them luck getting out of the alley.

The bag had contained poorly made rice balls, Yoongi discovered when he’d snatched the bag from the ground, already sensing they were being surrounded by the unsavory supernaturals that hid in the shadows preying on innocent people and the unfortunate souls who were dumped there to die.

Namjoon’s still not sure how in the hell they managed to get out of that alley, though he remembers Yoongi throwing the bag as far away from them as possible before Namjoon could even beg for one bite of food.

The first rule in their line of work was to never trust food that was given freely from their enemies. For all Yoongi knew, the rice balls could have been laced with either a sleeping herb, poison, or both.

“We were given our one up.” Yoongi hisses as his voice brings Namjoon back to the present. “We’re to meet up with them in an hour. Get ready.”


A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, but I realized I had a bit of a plot mishap after chapter 11, so I ended up adding in this chapter. It's not the best, really it's more like a filler at the moment, but it works for where things are heading in a couple of chapters where we learn exactly WHO the man is that put the bounty on Jessa's head.

The weather where I live has been wonky the past 2 weeks, it went from very cool, near winter like temps (low 20's to low 30's F, or -1 to -6 C for those who use metric) and suddenly last week went to record breaking highs (around 60 to 70 F, or 25 to 21 C) which is abnormally warm for end of Jan! It was weird wearing just a sweatshirt outside, and I saw many wearing flipflops and shorts, then fast forward to Friday when we started seeing near normal cold temps again and BAM!! 6 inches of snow fell Sat/Sun along with biting windchills and temps below 0 F. So I spent yesterday scooping snow off sidewalks and my back and shoulders are killing me today lol.  Anyway, hope you enjoy this little chapter and let me know what you think! Also HI to all the news subscribers :)