Kyuhyun's Vigil pt 1

The Druid and the Wolf

Kim Junsu rubs his face with his hands, exasperation evident on his angular cat like face. Heechul’s standing with him outside as the Head of the International Council swears in 2 different languages as the new information Heechul presents him with. “, she’s his mate?” He asks again.

Heechul nods. “They’ve only been together for about a week from what Leeteuk said.”

“Where is Kyuhyun now?” Junsu asks, a frown on his face.

“He’s outside of their Pack doctor’s room. Won’t budge. Still in wolf form.” Heechul supplies quickly. He recognizes the look on Junsu’s face, and he knows if he steps out of line even a smidge that he’ll be disciplined. The case has gone from bad, to worse with the news.

Junsu nods and waves his hand in dismissal. “Go continue your investigation Heechul. I’m going to go have a chat with Leeteuk and hopefully with Kyuhyun as well.”

**

Inside the Delta’s medical room, the scent of blood is still faint in the air. Donghae wipes a bead of sweat off his face as he watches the Clan leader hovering over Jessa. The formidable woman had requested several things at once the moment some of the Hunters had carried Jessa’s unconscious form into the room, including making him raise the temperature of the room to a higher degree than he’s used to.

“I don’t think she’s in danger anymore.” The woman sighs, leaning back and stretching. “Something is helping her own supernatural abilities, so she seems to be healing at a fast rate.”

Donghae sighs in relief. “It must be the mate bond.” He says. “Non-wolf mates gain a lot of the benefits of us werewolves but without having to endure the pain of transformation among other things.” He explains when the woman looks at him questioningly.

The Clan leader sighs in relief. “Good. I was hoping she would gain something good out of this mating business.” She stands, stretching again as Donghae pulls the covers up around Jessa snugly. “I suppose since it may be awhile before she wakes, I should introduce myself to your Alpha. I don’t want to appear rude.”

Donghae smiles. “Considering the circumstances, he won’t even think of it.” He says.

The woman clucks to herself softly, staring down at her young charge. “I don’t suppose having her mate with her would speed up the healing process more would it?”

Donghae shrugs. “If it does help, no one has documented it in Pack records, but it couldn’t hurt to try. Kyuhyun’s been outside the door the entire time we’ve been in here with her.” He wipes his hands on a towel absently. “And I don’t think we’d be able to stop him from coming to lay with her anyway.”

The door swings open and Kyuhyun’s up on his paws, eyes bright and curious as Donghae opens the Pack bond back to his normal tolerance level, just open enough to know everyone is feeling ok, and that they are all in the house, but closed off from extraneous emotions.

“She’s comfortable, still unconscious but her breathing is even so I don’t think there is any harm.” Donghae tells Kyuhyun. He looks at the beta straight in the eyes. “You can go lay with her but,” His voice takes on a stern tone that everyone in the Pack knows the Delta means business. “No funny business, if she wakes up, call for me immediately.”

Kyuhyun whines and lowers his head to signal he understands what Donghae is saying. The healer moves from the door jam to allow Kyuhyun entry to the room. “You can use the bathroom to clean up too.” Donghae adds, smelling the stink of rotten blood on Kyuhyun’s fur. “I’d rather you do it before you lay down with her, the smell of incubi blood might trigger her to a panic attack or thrash out at you.” He warns. “You smell like rotten blood.” He scolds the younger when Kyuhyun huffs and shakes his head. “It’s not a suggestion, it’s an order. She probably won’t wake up for awhile. I’ll stop back when I can to bring you some clothes.”

Donghae watches as Kyuhyun pads to the bed in the room, rearing up on his hind legs to gently kneel in wolf form at the head of the bed, a flash of pink darting out to at Jessa’s face as the Clan leader excuses herself first out the door to give them some privacy. Donghae sighs and leaves the mates in peace as he shows the Clan leader to the study where most of the Pack is gathered.