Chapter 6

Cat In The Tree

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lauren had decided to invite Gail over for dinner since it has been a while the older Peck hadn't had any decent home cooked dishes. Gail had rejoiced over the matter over and over. The blonde was more of a junk food eater. And she has a big soft spot for donuts, especially good ones.

 

 

But nothing beat Lauren's cooking. If anything, Gail would have literally begged Lauren to be her personal chef, but she didn't. She tried once, but Lauren right out rejected the idea. Which resulted the older Peck pouted. And again, Lauren only pushed her face away.

 

 

Lauren decided to text Taeyeon regarding the dinner, wondering if her girlfriend would've agreed to the dinner. Well, she would know sooner. Fishing out her phone, she tapped on her phone, her long fingers danced gracefully on the surface of the phone screen. When she had sent the message, she put it aside and waited for the answer.

 

 

Taeyeon was in the middle of typing something away on her desktop when her phone beeped. She frowned, wondering who it might be looking for her at times like that. A giant grin splayed across her features when she saw it was from her girl.

 

 

- Babe? I kind of invited Gail over to our apartment since that good-for-nothing woman hadn't had any decent meal and I was wondering if that's okay with you? - Lauren

 

- Sure, I don't think that's a problem. One questiont though. Does she...knows? About you and me? About us? - Taeyeon

 

- Obviously. She's my sister, love. She would've knew straight away even if I kept mum about it. And she's okay about us. I know you're worried. But, don't. Okay? - Lauren

 

- Oops. Busted. Okay then. Another question. Are you cooking tonight!? Please tell me you are! - Taeyeon

 

- Ugh! You and Gail practically said the same thing. Yes, I'm cooking tonight. Do you need a lift? I don't remember you driving to work though. - Lauren

 

-Great minds think alike (; Yeah, sure. I'll be off at 6 today. So, you can pick me up by then. - Taeyeon

 

-Pfft. Anyway, gotta go. Gail's been whining that I'm only smiling at my phone and that she needs human attention she that she won't rot. I swear she's a drama queen sometimes. - Lauren

 

- Very much like you. See ya later then! I love you <3 - Taeyeon

 

- Ooo. A heart! Love you too, milady (: - Lauren

 

 

Taeyeon giggled when she read Lauren's reply and another reason was that she was laughing at Gail's remark of rotting due to lack of human attention. She had thought the siblings were very much alike in some dorky ways. She could already imagined her younger lover huffing and rolling her eyes at Gail's persistent antics.

 

 

Those two bantered on daily basis. Taeyeon thought that the two made a weird pair of siblings. But Taeyeon didn't mind at all about it. In fact, she liked weird people. Especially if the weird was named Lauren. And Taeyeon afterwall, was weird herself. She and Gail had met once but wasn't officially introduced since the older girl was rushing to some photo shoots. It was just a simple greeting between them.

 

 

"Did you just giggled? Oh my ing gawd!"

 

 

Taeyeon heard Yuri gasped as the tanned girl's eyes widened in surprised at the sound produced from her otherwise stone cold bestfriend who barely ever showed any reaction. But now? Wow. Just... Wow!

 

 

Taeyeon reacted by throwing a pen over Yuri's direction who barely dodged it, casting the tanned girl one of her infamous glare as she gnarled her teeth at the girl. Her snarky mode unleashed. But Yuri knew she was just being playful. Taeyeon would have never admitted it though.

 

 

"Shut up, Kwon. Tell anyone about this, then you can say good bye to your bonus for this month. And the next. And the next. And another next. And-"

 

 

"Okay! Okay."

 

 

Yuri squeaked timidly as she threw her hands up in surrender as she went back to her work, totally ignoring the triumphant smile Taeyeon had on her face. Taeyeon had a bigger share for the cafe the both opened and Yuri would always cowered in fear whenever her shorter bestfriend pulled this card. It wasn't fair, but Yuri enjoyed the banter between them.

 

 

Taeyeon smiled to herself when she heard her tanned friend grumbling under her breath. As she spun around on her office chair, she stopped and stared into nothing. A lot had changed when Lauren came into her life. It was brighter, colourful, and undoubtedly more alive. The cafe owner sighed in contentment when she remembered how she first met her young lover. It wasn't a really a nice encounter between them.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Taeyeon was looking for a seat on the bleachers as she was going to watch a baseball match. It was team Doosan Bears against Kia Tigers. Taeyeon was a hardcore fan of Kia Tigers. Once she had found a seat, Taeyeon nestled herself comfortably, waiting for the game to start.

 

 

The game was in the middle of its peak when a tall unknown girl blocked her view. Trying to suppress her frustration, she eyed the culprit before her. She stood as well, along with the other spectators. When one of the player had hit a home run, the short woman whooped along with the other supporter of the winning team.

 

 

Amongst the celebration, the unknown girl had swung her hands a little over to the back as her left hand smacked Taeyeon square on the nose, the shorter woman groaned as she bent down in pain, grabbing on to her nose. The tall girl turned around in panic as she checked on Taeyeon.

 

 

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you. Does it hurt? Here, let me check it for you."

 

 

Taeyeon gritted her teeth in sheer furiosity as she snapped her eyes up, glaring at the taller girl. Sincere concern were spread all over the face of the taller girl.

 

 

"Why don't you stand where I stand while I smack you square on the nose? How about that?"

 

 

"Whoa. Feisty much? It was an accident. I really didn't see you there, alright? If it makes you feel better, I can take you to the hospital for a check up."

 

 

The taller girl offered kindly but Taeyeon merely rolled her eyes as she scoffed. Lauren frowned at the shorter girl. She was trying to be nice but here was the shorter woman, acting all y.

 

 

"Save it. I'm here for a game, not to hurt myself. But some girl just had to ruin everything."

 

 

The nerve of this girl, Lauren thought as she gritted her teeth, her jaw clenched. So much for being the good guy. She snapped at the shorter woman's attitude, annoyance high off the meter.

 

 

"Hey! I said I was sorry, okay? You don't have to be all y over me."

 

 

"Excuse me? What did you said?"

 

 

"Well, you heard me." Lauren smirked.

 

 

And then Taeyeon launched herself at the taller girl. As Taeyeon launched her... whatever tactic of assault it was as Taeyeon was only slapping and scratching blindly, Lauren had only held her back, doing nothing as she watched in amusement. Only when the other spectators scolded them had they only stopped the arguement between them. Taeyeon slumping back with a huff, while Lauren with a smirk still evident.

 

 

Fast forward a few weeks later, Lauren came into a cafe as she ordered her usual order to start the day. Her eyes darted around as she waited per usual, only for her eyes to twinkled in excitement when she saw who it was . It was the woman who had assaulted her at the baseball match.

 

 

Sensing that someone was looking at her, Taeyeon turned around, only to have a look of surprise, a contrast from Lauren's excited look. Over the weeks that they hadn't bumped into each other, Taeyeon had thought back about the incident that unfolded between them. And she somehow realized that it was partially her fault. The girl did offered help, afterall. So, Taeyeon was going to make it up for the girl if they ever met. And they did. Taeyeon took the first step.

 

 

"Uh, hi. You're the girl that smacked me on the nose, right?"

 

 

"And you must be the girl who assaulted me."

 

 

Taeyeon brushed the comment off. "Anyway, I wanted to uh... apologize for what I said. And did."

 

 

Taeyeon lowered her head as she was shy. It was the first time she had initiated some sort of conversation with a stranger. Not to say one whom hurted her before. Instead of hearing an answer, Taeyeon saw a hand invading her line of sight as she looked up at Lauren, confused.

 

 

"I'm Lauren. And you're forgiven."

 

 

That was where everything had slowly changed in Taeyeon's dull life, and the start of their friendship blooming into something else.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N. I need comments to know if my story is good. Or you can comment to point out something wrong about my story. So, please comment? Anyways, thank you for subscribing and upvoting to this story. I owe you people lots. I apologize for any typos.