Curiosity killed the cat

The mermaid's kiss (semi-hiatus until June 2016)

Kyungsoo watched on as his noonas killed humans. Cl noona was right, this ship was big, and had many many sailors in it. So many that when a boy went missing through the whole raid no one noticed. No one, except Kyungsoo. The one survivor! Kyungsoo wondered why the boy who escaped didn't fall into the spell that every other sailor did when they were sailing. The day had been going very weirdly from the start.

--------------

Everyone got ready for the attack. They all could tell this was a big ship coming with many people, or in other words a big game. All the mermaids were underwater, in wait for the ship. Bom started her song first and soon all the others joined. The men on the ship went crazy over the mermaid song. Kyungsoo observed one of the boys on the deck. He was one of the few there when the mermaid raid began, poring over something in his hand. The other people started going crazy, but not him. He stood stoic, doing whatever he was, until he noticed the chaos around him. It was then that he reaized that mermaids were attacking. Kyungsoo watched the boy panic and try to stop the men from jumping overboard, try to plug their ears from listening, but to no avail. Kyungsoo watched as the boy struggled with trying to stop one of the men from jumping over the deck, but in the scuffle he himself got knocked over off the ship and into the dangerous waters. 

Kyungsoo wondered why the boy was immune to their song and he got closer to the ship. 

As the boy fell he managed to grab Kyungsoo's shoulder and pulled him down with himself, but the merman managed to pull them back up.

Kyungsoo threw the boy off of himself, who used this opportunity to swim somewhere, away from the dangerous mermaids. Kyungsoo wanted to follow the boy, but something stopped him from doing so. He stayed back with the rest of the mermaids, who hadn't seemed to notice the youngster swimming away, and kept singing until all the rest of the men drowned. The boy will probably die anyways. No one can survive the sea without a boat or rations, Kyungsoo reasoned. He smiled at the corpses of men all around him  when suddenly he had a flash back from his past which made him paralyzed and he started drowning. Just as he was sure he was about to become one of the corpses surrounding him on the sea bed, his senses came back and he swam back up. Thankfully no one had noticed his little episode. They were all busy celebrating their victory. 

________

"Kyungsoo, is something on your mind?" Nana came to Kyungsoo, who was sitting a little distance away from the other mermaids.

"Not really noona."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." Kyungsoo looked away as his noona looked at him with very concerned eyes. It was a look he never could have fathomed of being on the receiving end of while he was a human.

She petted his head, and gave his hands a small squeeze. 

"Kyungsoo... I'm here for you, no matter what ok? We're family, and family has each others backs right?" Nana said as she left.

Kyungsoo felt conflicted. He wanted to tell everyone about the boy who had swam away, but he didn't at the same time...

A solitary swim usually helped Kyungsoo with his inner turmoil. He decided to go to Tasha's cave to clear his mind especially because that flashback of his past had given him so much pain. His head and heart were hurting more than he could possibly describe, but at least it wasn't like the pain he had to feel when he was human. 

He swam quietly to the cave and then lay at its entrance. Kyungsoo could feel his tail painfully turn into legs just like they do for mermaids when they get on land...

The wondrous thing about this cave was it had two entrances. One from the underwater, the way he took, and the other from above water, an entrance that was rarely used. 

Kyungsoo got up and used his legs to walk around in the cave quietly. He was walking near the other opening of the cave when he saw him, the curious boy lay on the floor of the cave. Kyungsoo felt goosebumps rising all over his body as he stopped in his tracks. He stayed frozen for some time, observing the boy. It seemed like the human wasn't conscious. Slowly, with trepidation, Kyungsoo made his way to the boy. He bent down to examine the features of the boy. The boy looked in a sort of peaceful sleep. Kyungsoo debated whether he should leave the boy there and go back, but his curiosity about the human who was immune to the mermaids' song was driving him to sanity's edge. Kyungsoo sat quietly next to the boy until the boy suddenly sprang up and started coughing. 

The boy stopped his coughing for a second and locked eyes with Kyungsoo before puking over the merman. Kyungsoo didn't even have time to react and move himself out of the way. He just sat there, disgusted.

When the boy finished and looked at Kyungsoo guiltily. "sorry"

"its ok...i guess" Kyungsoo found himself saying even though it most definitely was not ok.

"oh...well then...ok" The boy said quietly

Kyungsoo left to clean himself up. He came back and observed the boy again, though this time the human's eyes were trained on him too. Fear, it was clear as daylight in those eyes, and yet this boy was alive.

"You shouldn't have been able to survive."

"... I am a fairly good swimmer?"

"Our singing"

"I had stuffed my ears." The boy cut Kyungsoo off.

"Well... smart i guess."

Kyungsoo stared at the boy who tried staring back but then looked down towards Kyungsoo's crotch area unintentionally, which just made it more awkward and the boy looked away immediately blushing. Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows at the boy who was quietly trying to scoot away from Kyungsoo.

"Are you going to kill me?" the boy asked after a small moment of silence

"I don't know" Kyungsoo responded with a shrug at which the boy looked at him with absolute fear.

"I... Please don't kill me"

"ok"

"wait...ok?"

"ok." Kyungsoo nodded

"...Thank you?"

"Don't thank me sailor." Kyungsoo spat out

"S- sorry"

"Whats your name?" Kyungsoo found himself asking, still curious about this boy.

"Baekhyun"

"..." 

"Whats your name? ifyoudontmindmeasking" Baekhyun rushed the last part.

"huh?"

"What is your name?"

"None of your business sailor!" Kyungsoo said and walked away. He was just about to leave the cave when he picked up a bit of the herbs from the side of the cave and threw them in front of Baekhyun.

"These are some herbs sailor. Don't eat them all at too quickly" he smiled angelically "Hunger kills as well you see!"

Kyungsoo then left Baekhyun stranded and went to go meet his noonas. He wondered what he was going to do with the boy. He decided for the moment to let him live. He was quite curious about the boy, something about the other just made Kyungsoo not want to kill him. He was however sure, and quite pleased, about the fact that the human was scared of Kyungsoo. He thought to himself that it would be fun to let him live for some time and then surely he would kill the boy later, that is if the boy wasn't already dead from hunger... He really thought that. 



Sooo? How was it? I came back after a long time and hopefully with a pleasing chapter. I'm going to try to post once every month from now on so please stay tuned for more baeksoo, since Baekhyun is finally here now. - Tina08

I am so curious about this story. "He really thought that." Ofc bby. Anyways, isn't this the first official chapter with me? - row