One - finale

I'm Pretty!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Is this good on me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany grinned widely while showing off her new dress to her girlfie who is sitting on the couch of her apartment while watching TV. Taeyeon tilted her head from the TV screen and looked at the younger girl who is still grinning, waiting for a compliment. Taeyeon stared at her from head to toe with no expression on her face. The dress is pink and it wrapped Tiffany’s body tightly, showing her curve and revealing half of her thighs, not to mention her shoulder and collar bone; in other words, it’s super mini and y. Tiffany just bought it this afternoon for tonight’s date.

 

Seeing Taeyeon’s unchanged expression made Tiffany’s smile disappeared slowly. She just stood there awkwardly waiting for an answer, then let out a forced laugh to break the deadly silence when almost a minute has passed without a respond from the older girl.

 

 

“It’s not… Isn’t it?” Tiffany mumbled, bit her lips.

“It’s not.” Taeyeon answered shortly and turned her gaze back to the TV screen.

 

 

Tiffany looked down disappointedly and turned around, walked back to her room to change cloth. Actually, she didn’t has any backup cloth. She’s so sure Taeyeon would like her new dress, but now it turns out like this. Tiffany looked at the clock and bit her lips. She didn’t want to make Taeyeon wait any longer – the petite girl always complain about how Tiffany is always being slow and taking too much time on makeup – so she randomly picked any good cloth she has and went out from her room. She won't ask Taeyeon's opinion again this time to prevent any cruel word from the latter.

 

 

“Let’s go!”

 

 

Taeyeon turned to see her girlfriend. Just a casual tank top and black hotpants. Tiffany’s heart skipped a beat when Taeyeon sighed heavily and got up from the couch. She didn’t look happy with Tiffany’s choice of clothes and it really hurted the younger’s feeling.

 

Taeyeon went to Tiffany’s room, picked a sweater and long jeans, went out from the room again, and put it in the other girl’s arms while glancing at her eyes slightly, still with no smile.

 

“Wear this.”

 

After saying that, Taeyeon went back to the couch and watched the TV again. Tiffany, frowned, went to her room to change her everything.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany is quiet all the way to the restaurant, and Taeyeon didn’t even try to start a conversation. So it’s really silent inside the car, like a graveyard. Tiffany pulled out her phone and texted some of her friends to kill her boredom.

 

To Sunny:

Help meeee

 

From Sunny:

What happened, Tiff??

 

To Sunny:

I almost died of boredom *rolling eyes* you know what I mean

 

From Sunny:

Taeyeon again? She acts cold towards you again?

 

To Sunny:

Yup. I still don’t know what’s wrong with her. She always successfully ruin everything whenever I try to make myself prettier. Didn’t she know how much effort I put to do that?? Didn’t she know that that was all for her?? Can’t she even fake a smile?? She really doesn’t appreciate me T.T

 

From Sunny:

Aigoo, I don’t understand her as well. Maybe you should tell her about this?

 

To Sunny:

I’ve done that! All she could say was ‘makeup are not for you, please stop’. Whaaaattttt????? She insulted my makeup skill!

 

From Sunny:

Just make her jealous. Let someone else compliment you in front of her face, prolly she’d be jealous and realize her mistake?

 

 

 

 

Tiffany widened her eyes.

 

 

This is it! She exclaimed mentally. This is what she need to do now. Sunny’s a genius.

 

 

 

To: Sunny

Why didn't I think about this before? Aah thank you Soonkyu! ^^

 

From: Sunny

Good luck ^^ but stop calling my real name, please -.-

 

To: Sunny

Hehe okay okay

 

 

 

Tiffany put back her phone in her bag and smiled to the road outside their car. Taeyeon is still driving without knowing what is in her girlfriend's mind right now. Actually she didn't really care about that.

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, this is how it’s going. Taeyeon is a very cold girlfriend, the coldest girlfriend ever for Tiffany. She never compliment her. At all. Actually it's not a really big problem, but Taeyeon here is a different case. Taeyeon didn't compliment her, she insulted her. Tiffany is dressed way better since they start dating, she wanted to give the best for her lover, but Taeyeon just didn’t seem like appreciating it. The more effort Tiffany put on, the more colder the older girl acted. Tiffany was so upset and curious and got even more stubborn. She knew Taeyeon is not an expressive person and is the worst, but she is always honest. That's why she believed what Taeyeon said about her style, discarding everyone else's opinion. She would make Taeyeon compliment her one day, that’s one of her goal in this life. 

 

 

And now, thanks to Sunny, Tiffany got an idea. Next week is their bestfriend’s wedding, a legal place to put on total makeup. She will be going to buy a new dress, stay at the beauty shop all day long and make herself even prettier. She knew some of the guys and girls who had crush on her that will be coming to the party as well, so she will take Taeyeon with her when she approached them and received compliments from them.

 

The eye-smile girl let out an evil laugh, while Taeyeon just glanced at her confusedly.

 

 

 

“Fany.”

“Yes?” Tiffany smiled sweetly to her, stopped her laugh immediately.

“There will be a Halloween party at Bom’s villa on 31st Oct, you want to come?” Taeyeon asked.

“Halloween party?”

 

 

 

 

Tiffany muted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Halloween party….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P.A.R.T.Y.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That means she could wear cute ghost dress and makeup. She saw many cute dress yesterday at the internet, but she didn’t buy it because of course you can’t wear scary dress in everyday life, but now she has a reason to wear it. And by cute, she means y-and-revealing dress.

 

 

 

“Sure! Let’s go together, TaeTae!” Tiffany exclaimed excitedly.

“Okay.”

 

 

 

 

Tiffany was so busy since that day. She has to prepare for their bestfriend’s wedding, then for the Halloween party, even though it’s still two weeks away. She wants to be the prettiest girl at each party. She browsed many online shops and chose which dress and accessories to buy carefully, really carefully, with her ability to compare things from their every little details, determining which were more cheaper but better, then probing and pondering for a long time, and finding the best way to shop as many things as possible with as little money as possible because it's not cheap, of course. She’s good at it, though. Beauty is pain, that's her motto.

 

 

 

 

 

One week passed, Tiffany is prepared. She took care of herself for 4 hours, and went out from her room right when Taeyeon came. She opened the door and smiled widely to her girlfriend. As always, Taeyeon didn’t compliment her at all, not even showing any interest on what Tiffany wears. And Tiffany was already expecting that. She just smiled confidently and didn’t complain at all. Complaining would only make Taeyeon say something cruel about her appearance.

 

Taeyeon is way more cruel back then. She always insult Tiffany right after she laid her eyes on the younger girl's face, no matter how pretty Tiffany and other people thought she was. Here are some things Taeyeon said (and the meaning) that Tiffany still remembered clearly (because it hurted like hell):

 

 

"Hello, female Joker. I'm Taeyeon." = Too much face powder and lipstick and eyeshadow

"Oh, finally someone slap you?" = Too much blush-on ("What do you mean 'finally'??" Tiffany yelled)

"Don't look at the mirror. I just bought it, it's expensive." = too ugly

"I thought you're afraid of caterpillar? There are two on your face, above your eyes." = eyebrows' shape is not good

"Fany, just tell me if you can't afford to buy canvas. Look at what you've done to your face. By the way, I don't know you can do cubism painting technique like Picasso." = you know the meaning

 

 

Or she would say it directly, like:

 

 

"Ugly."

"You're ugly."

"I wish I was blind."

"You look like a clown."

"What's wrong with your face?"

 

 

 

At first, Tiffany thought Taeyeon was kidding because that was too much, but gradually she realized, Taeyeon wasn't. Looks like the older girl is getting tired too, she didn't comment anymore on Tiffany's appearance. She only said it when Tiffany asked her. And her answer would be short and simple (but still insulting). This is why TIffany is so curious and keep searching for the best style that can make Taeyeon kneel down before her.

 

 

 

 

They arrived at the wedding reception building and entered it together. As they walked in the hall where the reception is held, many pairs of eyes are looking at them, guys are dropping their jaws in agape, so are some girls. Tiffany noticed it, she knew they're admiring her beauty, and she enjoyed it. On the other side, Taeyeon didn’t get it. She looked back at those people cluelessly.

 

 

“Why are they staring at us?” Taeyeon asked the girl beside her.

“I don’t know.” Tiffany said, playing dumb.

 

 

They sat at their table and met some other friends there. After receiving many compliments on the table, Tiffany pulled Taeyeon’s hand and took her to walk around the hall to collect more compliments... I mean to meet their other friends.

 

 

“Woaah, Tiff, You’re so gorgeous!!”

“Your dress’ cute!! Where did you buy it??”

“Gosh, I like your hairdo. You look too adorable!”

 

 

Tiffany just smiled, wider and wider as the compliments are getting louder. Tiffany stole glance to Taeyeon several times, secretly, to see her reaction.

 

 

“C’mon, baby, you’re the only person who didn’t compliment me yet. C’mon, say something, compliment meeee~” Tiffany groaned mentally, sending telepathy to the older girl.

 

 

But Taeyeon didn’t do that. Tiffany is being a little bit impatient, but she wouldn’t ask Taeyeon directly, so she just gave hints.

 

 

“Ah, fortunately I got to buy this dress. It looks good on me.” Tiffany said when there’s only Taeyeon who can hear her.

Taeyeon muted.

“4 hours of makeup. Worth it.”

Taeyeon still muted.

"I love hearing compliments for my efforts."

Still muted.

Tiffany frowned. She pushed a little bit more. “I think those guys are drooling over me.”

“Fany, do you have free time tomorrow?”

Tiffany paused. She thought Taeyeon got her hints when she called her, but then it was just a question. “Uhm, yes. Why?”

“My mom will be coming tomorrow. She invites you to our house to have lunch together.”

 

 

Tiffany widened her eyes.

 

 

“My soon-to-be mother-in-law wants to meet me?? Wow! T-This means Taeyeon is serious with me?? She wants a marriage?? But she hasn’t proposed me yet… Yah babo Fany, why should she propose before I meet her mom. But she arrange a meeting like this means she is really willing to marry me??” The eye-smile girl thought nervously.

 

 

“So, you’ll come, right?” Taeyeon said, snapping her back from her train of thought.

“O-Of course!”

“My mom saw your picture on my phone and got really curious, so she wanted to meet you.” Taeyeon sighed. “We will just have lunch at my house, won’t go anywhere, so… uhm, just be yourself, then I believe she will like you.”

 

Taeyeon smiled to her warmly and wrapped the younger’s shoulder with her arm, rubbed it softly, and it added confidence on Tiffany. The younger girl is touched a little because Taeyeon could feel her nervousness and calm her like that. But that's not what Taeyeon actually means.

 

 

 

 

That night, after the party ended, Tiffany went home and washed her face before hid under her blanket with her laptop, browsing any useful tips for tomorrow. She has to be really prepared, and she will make Taeyeon’s mom likes her whatever happen.

 

 

“How to impress your mother-in-law…” Tiffany mumbled as she typed the keyword to a search engine. She browsed for some moments and read some articles carefully. “Dress well, bring gifts, be polite, don’t get into argument, treat your spouse well, show your household skills, and relax. Yeah, I know they will include ‘dress well’ in it! So…”

 

Tiffany got up, slipped out from her blanket, opened her wardrobe, and looked around slowly.

 

“I should put on a really good makeup and dress. I should buy new mascara and foundation. The one that lasts 24 hours so I don’t need to fix my mascara all the time. Then a cloth that will reveal my shoulder, that’s my charm. What about my hair? Should I make it wavy?” Tiffany sighed. “Ahh, her mom will really be impressed.”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"Sorry I can't fetch you. I have to help my mom prepare the lunch."

"It's okay. I'll come ontime."

"See you."

"See you, honey."

 

 

Tiffany hung up the call and rushed to the bathroom. She put a lot more effort on her appearance and on everything for this special moment. She's so damn serious now, she will impress the mom. She wants to look mature but cute at the same time. She also bought some gifts for the mom.

 

12 o'clock, Tiffany arrived at the girlfriend's house. She fixed her hair and cloth as she stepped out from the car and pressed the bell, waiting nervously for the door to be opened.

 

 

"It must be her." Taeyeon said. "I'll open the door."

"No. Let me do it. I want to welcome her." The mom smiled and rushed to the front door before Taeyeon could say anything else.

 

 

Taeyeon sat on her chair and waited. She's nervous as well, honestly, she didn't know how Tiffany looks and she's kinda afraid that the younger girl will be even uglier than before.

 

"Aigoo, so pretty!"

 

Taeyeon turned her head to the door. She heard her mom talked to Tiffany at another room and complimented her. Taeyeon's hope raised a bit. Could it be Tiffany really listen to her advice?

 

 

"Taeyeon is waiting at the kitchen. Come in, Tiffany!" Her mom's happy voice is heard again and the kitchen door swung opened.

 

 

Taeyeon got up immediately, smiled widely, but then that beautiful smile disappeared as she saw her girlfriend next to her mom.

 

 

 

Taeyeon wanted to palm her face... with a board.

 

 

 

Tiffany's makeup was so perfect, her face looks smooth and bright, with red lipstick and blush-on, long eyelashes, eyeshadow and everything. A pair of pretty earrings hung from her ears and small heart-shaped necklace on her neck. Her wavy hair is all gathered in one shoulder, left another shoulder be revealed.

 

 

"Hi, TaeTae." Tiffany smiled brightly.

"...Hi." Taeyeon replied half-heartedly.

"Tiffany brought us this cute gift. Thank you very much, sweetie." The mom smiled to her daughter's lover while holding the gift.

"You're welcome, auntie." Tiffany gave her best smile.

"Lunch is ready, let's eat together!" The mom is really excited, she prepared the food on the table and offered many foods to Tiffany.

 

 

Meanwhile the mom and Tiffany are talking happily, Taeyeon frowned. She ate her foods in silence, finished first, and left the table.

 

 

"I've finished." Taeyeon said while getting up.

"Taeyeon, we're still eating." The mom said.

"You can continue. I have something to do." Taeyeon said before left the kitchen without looking back.

"Aissh, that kid. What's wrong with her." The mom hissed.

 

 

Tiffany knew there's something wrong with herself that makes Taeyeon pissed off. And she knew what was that. But she just ignored it because there’s nothing wrong with her appearance, even the mom complimented her.

 

She sat with the mom on the livingroom while talking, to know each other better, while Taeyeon is missing. The sun is getting lower in the sky when the mom offered to teach Tiffany to bake a really delicious and easy-to-make cake. They’re getting along well, they even laughed together all the time. When the cake was ready, the mom asked Tiffany to call Taeyeon to enjoy the cake together.

 

Tiffany smilingly went to the older girl’s room. She has never been in there, actually. Taeyeon never took her to her room, even though they’ve been together for more than 1 year. With Taeyeon’s cold act towards her and stuffs like that for more than 1 year, it’s a miracle Tiffany still want to be in relationship with her. Her past relationships never survived for more than 3 months.

 

 

Tiffany knocked on the door and opened it a little when she got no answer. She took a peek inside and saw Taeyeon is sleeping on her bed. The eye-smile girl chuckled, then tiptoeing to the bed and knelt down beside her sleeping girlfriend.

 

“Aigoo, you’re so cute, TaeTae.” Tiffany sighed, admiring an angel’s face in front of her. But then her smile turned into a pout. “Can’t you say that to me? I always compliment you because you’re really cute. Why didn’t you do the same to me? Am I that ugly?” Tiffany paused awhile before smiled again. "But whatever you've done to me, I never can resist you."

 

 

Tiffany went closer and pressed her lips against Taeyeon’s lips and it left a kiss mark there because of Tiffany’s lipstick. Taeyeon opened her eyes slowly and surprised to see her girlfriend there, smiled at her.

 

“W-What are you doing here?” Taeyeon got up from the bed and went to the mirror to fix her hair, but then she saw the kiss mark and furrowed her eyebrows. “What is this??”

“My kiss mark.” Tiffany approached the older girl on the mirror and back-hugged her. “Do you like it?”

Taeyeon wiped her lips with a not-amused face. “…Why you come in here?”

“Your mom asked me to call you. We baked some delicious cake.” Tiffany said. “Let’s eat together.”

“Okay.”

“Wait, I have to fix my lipstick.” Tiffany let go of Taeyeon and pulled out her lipstick from her pocket.

 

 

Taeyeon waited for some moments before she sighed heavily. 

 

 

“Fany-ah.”

“Hm?” Tiffany hummed, still fixing her lipstick on the mirror with mouth half-opened.

“Stop it.”

“Why?”

Taeyeon paused for awhile before continued. “You don’t look good with that.”

Tiffany turned around, taken aback. “My makeup style is bad today? Omo, why didn’t you tell me earlier??”

“No, I mean…”

“So you don’t like this kind of style. Aah, that’s why all this time you always act cold to me.”

“No, that’s not what I mean…”

“Which style do you like? I’ll change my style if you want to…”

“Listen to me!!!”

 

 

Tiffany flinched. Taeyeon was just yelling at her, something she never did before. The petite girl heaved before looked into the younger girl’s eyes seriously.

 

 

“Wash your face. Don’t put any makeup on.”

“What?? No way.” Tiffany chuckled.

“Why should you ALWAYS put on makeup whenever you step out from your apartment?” Taeyeon exclaimed.

“I want to look good.”

“To whom?”

“…..”

“Answer me.”

“To those guys out there who are always drooling over me!! Satisfied!!??” Tiffany yelled. She lost her patience already. Taeyeon is being too insensitive when it’s clearly seen that this is all just for her.

 

“Oh. So that’s why you always dress like a ??” Taeyeon mocked. “You don’t see me as your girlfriend anymore. You don’t appreciate my feeling, you just walked around to get other people’s attention, to have as many guys as possible to have eyes for you, harass you with their stares, and ignored my opinion, like it’s not worth it, like I’m just your bodyguard who accompanies you and entertains you whenever and wherever you want to go!”

 

“Me?? Don’t appreciate your feeling?? Then what would you call yourself for being cocky and treat me like I’m a bag of trash ever since we started dating?? Am I not patient enough?? You never acknowledge me, you never appreciate my every efforts, your insensitivity make me sick and tired, you’re such a dumb, you’re the worst girlfriend ever, you’re no better than those random guys!! I’ve asked for your opinion like a hundred times but you never told me, and now you say I ignore your opinion?? What a jerk! Don’t you ever act so innocent and playing victim in front of me!!” Tiffany yelled back. “I did all of this for you, and all you can say is I’m a !! Do you understand how hurt it does?? You don’t have the right to say that, not when everyone else says I’m good with this meanwhile all you’ve ever done is insult me! You never compliment me!!”

 

“You want my compliment, eh? I won’t do that. Why? Because I don’t like your style. I don’t like everything I see on your body. I hate it. You look really ugly and your appearance never interests me at all!” Taeyeon said without mercy. “Do you really think I like your y dress? Your thick makeup?? I don’t recognize you at all anymore! I hate it everytime you waste too many time looking at the mirror and being competitive to other girls, asking me who's prettier again and again! And you said I’m no better than those random guys?? Okay then, just go and ask them to you! If they don’t satisfy you enough, I will offer more of my guy friends for you, you can do it until you feel satisfied!! Go eat your makeup to make you prettier inside, you attention !!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon panted a bit due to the yelling she did, she’s totally lost control, while Tiffany just muted, her eyes started being teary. They looked at each other intensely.

 

 

 

 

“Do I deserve all of this…” Tiffany mumbled, her voice shook a bit. “…just because I want to do the best for my girlfriend?”

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon muted.

 

 

 

 

“You never care about my feeling, you only care about yourself. Enough. If you can't appreciate me, then I'll find another person who can. We’re done.”

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany’s tears fell down after she said that and she ran out from the room, left Taeyeon alone there, regretting everything she has spilled out to the younger girl.

 

 

Tiffany arrived at the livingroom. The mom got up from the couch as she entered the room.

 

“What took you two so long? Eh?” The mom’s smile disappeared when she saw the tears.

“Thank you for the lunch, auntie.” Tiffany bowed to the mom hastily and bid goodbye before left the house immediately.

 

 

Taeyeon’s mom just nodded, didn’t get it. Then after Tiffany left, she went to Taeyeon’s room, thinking there’s must be something going on in her daughter’s room.

 

“What have you done, Taeyeon…” The mom mumbled to herself while walking to the said room.

 

 

The mom opened the room’s door and saw Taeyeon, still standing at the center of the room, looked down to the floor. Seeing her daughter’s face, the mom stopped. She quietly stepped out from the room and closed the door. Just looking at her face the mom already got it: Taeyeon wouldn’t talk to anyone for now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

….

 

 

 

 

….

 

 

 

 

….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

31st October came. Halloween party is held at Bom’s villa and she invited all of her friends. Taeyeon didn’t want to come, actually, but her friends forced her and there she is now, dressed as a psycho butcher, holding a bloody man’s head at his hair on her left hand and a butcher knife on her right hand, blood stained her clothes, from her apron on her chest, to her face. She stepped out from her car with some of her friends and they noisily walked to the villa not too far from the parking lot. It was a huge villa, the garden was incredibly big and beautiful, with a crafted fountain in the middle of it. The villa was on a hill, and they can see the city from above. It was already dark, but the garden’s lamps made it all be more beautiful.

 

Taeyeon looked around her. Many people dressed as ghost or murderer are walking with them she won’t notice if there’s a real killer among them.

 

 

“Tae, why didn’t Tiff join us?” One of her friend, Nicole, asked.

“Sssh!” The other friend nudged Nicole, hinting her to not ask something sensitive like that, as they all know the two girls are already breaking up.

“S-Sorry.” Nicole said.

 

 

Taeyeon just smiled to them. Honestly, she didn’t know whether Tiffany will come or not. They never talk anymore since then, not even meet each other. She didn’t know how Tiffany is recently, how did she do, or where she is now. In other word, she didn’t know whatever about Tiffany.

 

 

They entered the villa and welcomed by some ghosts. They are all directed to the big hall that’s already decorated. There’re too many people there, Taeyeon didn’t know who is who anymore. She got separated from her friends, so now she’s alone.

 

The petite girl walked around randomly, looking for her friends, with fake head swinging beside her thigh. When she passed a group of people, she heard a familiar laugh.

 

 

 

“Ahahahaha, thank you so much, Minho.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon turned her head and saw Tiffany, surrounded by 4-5 men who are looking at her like a group of wolf looking at their prey. Taeyeon sighed, didn’t expect to meet her at this party. Minho and his friends stepped closer to Tiffany and wrapped his arm on the eye-smile girl’s shoulder. Taeyeon couldn’t hear them clearly, but looks like they’re complementing and adoring Tiffany’s halloween dress. The petite girl moved her gaze to Tiffany’s dress and widened her eyes in shock.

 

It’s not even a dress. It’s revealing her private body part too much. Taeyeon should admit that that cloth is so damn y and hot, with a pair of devil’s wings and the tail, but not if Tiffany is the one who wears it.

 

 

"Can I touch this ribbon?" Minho touched the small ribbon on Tiffany's chest, but then he purposedly moved his hand to Tiffany's mound, touched it slightly. "Oooh, it's soft!"

 

 

 

Tiffany just giggling. Actually, she knew Taeyeon is watching them. Taeyeon gritted her teeth, and just then, Nicole poked her shoulder, surprised the petite girl.

 

 

“Hey, we’re looking for you. Let’s join the others.” Nicole said.

“Oh, o-okay.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon followed Nicole. Fortunately her other friends are near there, so she could still put an eye on Tiffany and those wolves. Her heart is a bit hurted seeing Tiffany laughed and enjoyed all the compliments and touches from those men. She glared at them fiercely until Nicole poked her head with her fake saw.

 

 

 

“Yah, you don’t need to act scary now, the party is not begun yet.” Nicole laughed at Taeyeon’s scary face.

“H-Hahahah am I too serious?” Taeyeon faked her laugh, then she glared at the group again.

 

 

 

 

The party is finally started. They had dinner, then played some horror games, then it’s time to dance. They the disco lamp and the music, it’s totally loud, no one can hear anything else anymore.

 

Taeyeon lost Tiffany. She separated from her friends secretly and tried to find her ex-girlfriend. She walked to and fro but she can’t find her anywhere. So did Minho and his other friends. Unreasonably, she had a bad feeling.

 

 “Where are they going….”

 

 

 

Taeyeon was almost gave up when she suddenly saw a suspicious shadow moved outside the villa from the window, at the garden. She followed the shadow and heard voices at the garden. She stepped quietly and carefully between the flowers and other plants, then hid behind a wall. She could hear voices again, they are laughing, looks like there’re 4-5 men there, and 1 crying girl.

 

 

 

Taeyeon widened her eyes.

 

 

She took a peek and saw Minho, with his other friends that’s previously with him at the hall, and Tiffany. 4 men held Tiffany’s hands and feet, while Minho is teasing Tiffany and harassed her. Tiffany cried and tried to scream but no one in the building could hear her voice due to the loud music.

 

 

“Hehehe, you’re too hot and y, baby, I can’t hold myself anymore.” Minho smirked, ed his pants. “Why are you crying? Isn't this what you want from us?”

 

 

Tiffany was really scared, she cried hard and screamed again. Taeyeon can’t hear it clearly, but she’s sure whose name Tiffany is calling.

 

 

“Taeyeonnnn!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

Minho pulled Tiffany’s legs open and came closer right when a fake head flied in the air and landed on his head, hit it hardly. Minho fell to his side, too confused and dizzy to get what’s happening.

 

 

Taeyeon ran to their place and kicked Minho with all her strength. She hit 2 other men with her fake butcher knife and hurted their eyes. Then she threw the knife to one other man who held Tiffany’s left hand. They’re all too shocked to fight back. There’s only one man left, still froze at his place due to the shock. Taeyeon landed her fist on that man’s nose and hit him to the ground. Then she pulled Tiffany up.

 

 

“T-T-Taeyeon…” Tiffany cried.

“Let’s go!!” Taeyeon pushed her.

 

 

But when they almost successfully run away, Minho grabbed Taeyeon’s ankle and she fell to the ground.

 

“Taeyeon!!”

“Run, Fany!!!”

 

 

Tiffany ran immediately, left Taeyeon alone there with 5 men who already recovered and ready to attack her back.

 

 

“You want to play with us, Taeyeon?” Minho gritted his teeth and glared at the petite girl. “Guys, hold her hands and feet.”

 

 

The other 4 men obeyed and in one second Taeyeon already laid down on the ground on her back, facing the wide starry night sky up there.

 

 

Minho massaged his own neck a bit and sighed heavily, before faced Taeyeon.

 

 

“You know…” He said. “You’re pretty as well. And even though you’re not that y… you’re still a girl.”

 

 

Taeyeon tried to get up but she’s not as strong as the other 4 men holding her down.

 

 

“I love to pretty girl.” Minho smirked. “I’ll that later. Now… I want to have fun with you. I hate if you reject me. So don’t ever try to run away, baby~~”

 

 

Minho slapped Taeyeon’s face hardly, ripped her apron and threw it away. He kept slapping Taeyeon’s face, Taeyeon felt so dizzy. He landed his last hit and hit Taeyeon’s head with a stone, her head is bleeding, covered her face with a real fresh blood. Taeyeon groaned in pain but she can’t move. Then, when he’s sure Taeyeon won’t able to run away anymore so he started ripping Taeyeon’s shirt, hundred of people came to that place rushedly, Tiffany stood at the frontline, pointing at Minho.

                                                                       

 

 

“That’s him!!”

 

 

It turns out that Tiffany called everyone in the villa to catch Minho and his friends. Everything that happened next, happened really fast. About 50 people ran forward while shouting, caught Minho and the others, beat them up, and some pulled Taeyeon out from that place.

 

Taeyeon managed to see some people who carried her before she started lost her consciousness; she lost too many blood. Everything went blur. And then dark.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

….

 

 

….

 

 

….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You have to apologize."

"...."

"Go. Meet her and apologize. You two may get back together."

"I-I don't think she wants to..."

"Go."

 

 

 

 

Tiffany opened Taeyeon's room's door and walked in slowly. The doctor said the petite girl has already waken up but Taeyeon is closing her eyes right now so TIffany didn't know whether she's sleeping or not.

 

 

 

“Taeyeon.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon opened her eyes slowly. She tilted her head and saw TIffany beside her bed.

 

 

 

 

“You okay?” Taeyeon asked with her husky voice, eyes still half-opened.

"I-I am."

"Minho?"

“I think he's hospitalized as well. I can't recognize his face anymore.”

 

 

 

Tiffany then told her about the entire story after their friends caught Minho and the other culprits. Taeyeon sighed. She closed her eyes again.

 

 

 

“I’m glad you’re safe, Fany.” Taeyeon said weakly.

 

 

 

Tiffany muted.

 

 

 

“I was so scared that something has happened to you. Those guys were so disgusting. That’s why I always tell you to not…”

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon opened her eyes again. Tiffany just apologized with a shaking voice. The older girl tilted her head and saw what she’s been suspecting: tears on Tiffany’s face.

 

 

 

“I’m so sorry, Taeyeon…” Tiffany sobbed hard, tears rolled down from her eyes to her cheek, then fell to her lap. Her shoulder shook. “This is all my fault… If you got hit more than this… I don’t know what should I do… I’m… I’m really sorry…”

 

 

Taeyeon muted. She stared at Tiffany’s face intensely. She noticed that the eye-smile girl still put on a heavy makeup today. Taeyeon bit her lips before sat up on her bed, then looked at Tiffany’s eyes deeply.

 

 

“Firstly, I want to apologize about everything I said to you back then at my house when you came to meet my mom.” Taeyeon said softly. “I was so upset and angry, I couldn’t control my words. I’m really sorry.”

Tiffany nodded several times, still sobbing.

"Secondly, I want to apologize for everything I've done to you. I just realized how precious you are for me. I don't want anyone to hurt you. I want to protect you." Taeyeon said. "But I kept hurting you. I must have hurted you a lot. I'm sorry."

 

 

Taeyeon sighed. She looked down to her hand on her lap, playing with her finger.

 

 

"Fany..."

"Yes, Tae?"

"Do you want to... Uhm..." Taeyeon's cheek became pinkish. "Do you want to be my girlfriend again?"

Tiffany blinked several times before she stutteredly answered. "A-Ah, of course. O-Of course, TaeTae."

Taeyeon lifted her head and smiled to Tiffany; something she rarely did to the younger girl. "Thank you."

 

 

They smiled shyly while looking down to their hands like they've never been in relationship before. They stayed like that for awhile before Taeyeon continued.

 

 

“But some of what I said at that time is true. I don’t like your makeup style and everything. Please don’t get offended. It’s just… I don’t like girls with thick makeup. The first time I met you, you were so beautiful. That was before you started putting makeup on your face. I don’t know why, but since we started dating, you started doing that. You even put makeup when we just went to minimarket to buy some foods. I was really confused and didn’t get it.” Taeyeon said, her voice became normal again. "You look so ugly. Not to mention those ty clothes. I don't like seeing you in those clothes and walk in public place. Those are clothes for s for attracting jerks."

“Yah! you still didn't get it, did you??" Tiffany pouted. "I did it all because I want to appear pretty in front of you. I did it for you. But you always comment harshly and hurt my feeling. So I thought I will improve my makeup style more and more, until you acknowledge me. But you never compliment me, you never do. That’s why I looked for other people to encourage me and convince me that I’m pretty and there’s nothing wrong with my makeup style.”

“Oh?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. “I thought you did it for attracting people's attention. At first, I insulted you to make you give up, because you said you did it for me, then after that we talked about this and I told you to stop doing that because I don’t like makeups. But, then, you got angry and accused me for being rude. And since then, you put even more makeup. You didn’t listen to my opinion when all you could say back then was you did this all just for me. I don’t like it but why you still doing that? I started to think that it’s not for me, but for everyone else. You put on makeup to impress random guys. You even always wear y clothes. That's when I started ignoring you.”

“That’s not right at all!!” Tiffany exclaimed. “I put even more effort because I thought my makeup was still lack for you. Other's opinions were just for comforting my feeling. The more you hurted my feeling, the more I want to prove that I’m pretty in your eyes!”

"...Really?"

"Really! I wore y dress at Bom's villa because I want to make you jealous. Remember when we cancelled our date because of rain and just stayed at my apartment all day long? I still put my makeup on, right? I still put it on because you're still there even though there's no one else in that room! Believe me now?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon muted for awhile before dropped her head to her pillow, let out a heavy breath.

 

 

 

Finally she got it.

 

 

 

 

"You're right. I've been so cruel to you." Taeyeon said. "I didn't care about your feeling, I didn't try to understand you, I just kept insulting you because I feel disappointed. I was really selfish and insensitive. Finally I understand. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Tae." Tiffany widened her eyes. "Wait, what? 'Finally I understand' ?? It means you still don't know what you have done wrong when you said sorry to me 5 minutes ago??"

"Err... Yes. I just think that I should say that."

"I can't believe it." Tiffany scoffed loudly. "I can't believe it!! You still think you're not wrong when you asked me to be your girlfriend again!"

"But at least I said sorry."

"Sorry for nothing! Don't you ever try to understand me before?? Don't you ever WANT to try to understand me before??"

"Hahahaha I'm sorry, Fany. You should've explained to me like what you just did. How could I know what you want from me and what have I done wrong if you don't tell me directly." Taeyeon dumbly said, grinned widely.

Tiffany gritted her teeth and started hitting Taeyeon's body at random places with her fist. "I've told you like a hundred times and you said I never told you directly?? Gosh, why did I agree to be your girlfriend again!!!??"

"O-Ouch! Doctor!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany went out from Taeyeon's room some minutes later and met Sunny, who already waited for her outside. The shorter girl approached her excitedly.

 

"Is Tiffany, who just went out from that room, still single or already in relationship again?" Sunny exclaimed, super curious. "Which one, which one?"

"The second one." Tiffany smiled widely.

"Assaaa!!" Sunny hit the air with her fist. "So, what are you two talking about??"

 

 

Tiffany told her bestfriend the whole story; about Taeyeon being dumb and asking her to be her girlfriend again.

 

"I bet she will compliment me from now on." Tiffany sighed dreamingly, wide smile plastered on her face.

"...."

"Sunny?"

"I don't think so."

"And why?"

"Don't you understand?" Sunny furrowed her eyebrows. "Taeyeon is really insensitive yet honest, not to mention blunt. You won't get compliments from her even though she already understood that you did this for her."

"T-That can't be." Tiffany chuckled hesitatedly. "I think she isn't that insensitive..."

"Do you want to know how to make her compliment you?"

"Uh-huh."

"There's one thing that caught my attention from Taeyeon's word, according to your story." Sunny pointed her index finger. "She doesn't like makeups and y clothes. Don't care how hard you try, she will still call you ugly. She's just that honest."

"Ng... So?"

"Stop wearing makeups." Sunny smiled satisfiedly.

"What? Hell no." Tiffany chuckled.

"Don't you hear what she said? Don't be stubborn, Tiff. I know you know it too! You start wearing makeup when you date her, but before you two start dating, she already likes you! Means she will still love your bare face now! She has told you to stop wearing makeups, hasn't she? You should listen to her."

"No."

“C'mon, Tiff. Actually, your bare face is not bad, in my opinion. Everyone will still love you just the way you are. So will Taeyeon. Makeups are not the only way to look prettier. Otherwise, if people only like your makeup face, you should be careful of them.” Sunny said. “Listen to your bestfriend! I do agree with Taeyeon and I understand her now after you told me the story. And, she didn't ask this to you, but I think you should know, so I'll say it on her behalf: if you really do this all just for Taeyeon, if you really love her, if her opinion is important for you and other people’s opinion is not important, then will you listen to her? Stop wearing makeups.”

 

 

 

TIffany muted. She just stared at Sunny's convincing face for awhile before chuckled again.

 

 

"Sometimes you could say weird things. See you tomorrow, Soonkyu, I have to go now." Tiffany waved her hand and left immediately.

"Yah, trust my word! And stop calling me Soonkyu!" Sunny yelled as TIffany turned left at the corridor and disappeared behind the wall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon is fully recovered 5 days later, her wound is not visible anymore, and she asked Tiffany to go on a date this Sunday. The older girl couldn’t wait to see Tiffany again. Maybe the younger will be pissed off again, but Taeyeon will try her best to be more sensitive. Taeyeon went to Tiffany’s apartment in Sunday afternoon, locked her car, then went to the eye-smile girl’s room immediately. She pressed the bell and heard a yelp inside. Taeyeon chuckled as she imagined Tiffany being nervous and drop things at her livingroom. It was their 'first' date, after all.

 

 

“Wait a minute, Tae!”

 

 

Not too long after that, the door opened. Taeyeon smilingly stepped into the room, but Tiffany already left to another room.

 

 

“Fany?” Taeyeon called.

“Y-Yes?” Tiffany answered from another room.

 

 

The older girl went to the kitchen because sounds like Tiffany is in that room. The younger girl’s back is facing the door, and she’s busy doing whatever she is doing there. Tiffany's already fully dressed so the petite girl knew she was just pretending to do something at the kitchen. Taeyeon approached her slowly and went to her side to look at her face. But Tiffany knew that, so she turned her face to another direction.

 

 

“Fany-ah.”

“Y-Yes?”

“Why are you avoiding me? Look at me.”

 

 

Tiffany turned her head to Taeyeon slowly, but before Taeyeon could see anything, the younger girl hid her face in her hands.

 

 

“Yah, why so shy? I know you're ugly but... Ah.” Taeyeon closed with her palm. "I-I mean you're just wasting our time. You can't hide your face all the ti..."

 

 

 

The petite girl pulled Tiffany’s hands away and turned her body towards her. And her jaw dropped in agape.

 

 

 

Tiffany looked back at her with her bare face, it’s slightly red, without any makeup on. Tiffany almost cried when Taeyeon didn't say anything for one full minute and just staring at her.

 

Actually, it was all because of Sunny's words. Taeyeon never try to understand her, but she realized she never try to understand Taeyeon as well. However Tiffany looks, Taeyeon still love her although she insults a lot, and it has been proven. And based on that thought, she decided to take one brave step to show her bare face to Taeyeon. But looking at what happens here now, she swore she will bite Sunny for real for being so convincing (even though the final decision is completely in her own hand).

 

 

 

"I-I haven't put my makeup on!" Tiffany reasoned. Her face became total red. "I'm about to do that but you already ca..."

"No, don't do that."

"...W-Why?"

“Ng... Because... Er... You’re…” Taeyeon stuttered, a wide smile formed on her face. “Pretty. You’re so pretty, Fany-ah.”

Tiffany’s red and fresh face became bright all of a sudden. She can't believe what she just heard. “Really?”

“Really.” Taeyeon’s cheek became pinkish as well. She nervously put her hand on Tiffany’s shoulder. “Ng, you're ready? We go now? W-where do you want to go first?”

 

 

 

That day is the best day in Tiffany’s life since they started dating. Taeyeon treated her like a princess, and the older girl complimented her and threw sweet words or sweet jokes to her all the time, made her blushed. She never saw Taeyeon act so sweetly like this. The older girl looked at her with eyes full of love, and her face was bright all day long. No more cold Taeyeon and silence in the car on the way to their destination. She even got really nervous and shy near Tiffany, one side of her that had never been seen by the eye-smile girl. Tiffany swore she will treat Sunny a lunch for real for being so convincing.

 

 

 

Since that day, Tiffany forced herself to not put on any makeup. She once accidentally put it again, since it has been habitual for her, but then she washed her face immediately. Sometimes she still read fashion and makeup magazines, and it really tempted her to buy those products, but she managed to resist them at the end. She’s still not fully confident about her face so sometimes she just apply light makeups.

 

 

Some of her friends surprised to see Tiffany’s recent face, but then they complimented her as well. Tiffany gained more confidence and now she stopped wearing heavy makeups anymore if it’s not needed.

 

 

 

 

Now she knows. Taeyeon's right. Heavy makeups are useless. y clothes are useless. It will only attract jerks.

 

And she believes, whoever they are, wherever they come from, every girls are beautiful in their way. Bare face is the most beautiful face of all girls.

 

And like what her short bestfriend said, makeups are not the only way to look prettier.