Final

How Can I Not Love This Guy?

It was a typical Monday night, and you were in the boys' dance practice room, sitting on the sofa in the corner playing with your phone. The boys were practicing for their upcoming concert tours, they've been practicing for hours. It was 2 o'clock in the morning, and Suho decided to call it a day. They had other schedules tomorrow and they had to wake up early in the morning to get ready, so they needed to rest and sleep. They finished their last practice for the song and when the song ended, they slumped to the ground and lied down to catch their breath. 

"Let's call it a day, oppa-deul, you guys have been practicing since morning." You said as you got up from the sofa only to join the boys on the floor and sat beside Luhan that was lying down. You grabbed a water bottle near you and poke Luhan to sit up, and drink the water. He smiled at you tiredly and said, "Thanks, baby," and gulped down the water. You nodded and smiled at him, amazed with his hardwork since his trainee days. 

"What schedule do we have tomorrow, cupcake?" Kai asked you. Cupcake. That was what Kris used to call you. When asked why he called you that, his reply would always be, "Because you're my little sister, OUR little sister. I feel like we all need to protect you, just like how a beautiful mouthwatering cupcake should be kept and protected from being smudged." You smiled, remembering his words. You looked up to Kai and explained their schedules for tomorrow. They all nodded and you turned to the coughing Luhan beside you. "You okay?" You asked him. "Yeah, I'm fine." He smiled weakly at you. "No you're not. Don't lie to me. You've been coughing for the past few days and claimed that you had extreme headaches. You couldn't even sleep, could you? You told me that. Do you want to go to the hospital again? So the doctors could check what's wrong with your body?" You didn't like him being sick, and you didn't like it even more when he kept denying it. You were the one that had been accompanying him to the hospital for his check-ups for the past few days. You were worried about his health. He appeared to be lethargic and pale during practices and he got tired easily. You kept wondering what was happening to him, and you couldn't help but care about him more than before. You would always give him his meds on time, and you would watch him take his meds, because you didn't want him to lie to you saying he had taken his meds when he actually threw the meds in the bin. 

"No, I'm fine, baby don't worry. I'm just a little tired and sleepy." He replied. "Okay, when we get home just quickly take your shower, take your meds and go to sleep okay?" You looked at him with worried eyes until he answered you a "Got it." that you smiled at and patted his head like he was a little boy. 

"Guys," Luhan suddenly called out. "I need to tell you guys something." The boys glanced at each other and sat down in a circle around you and Luhan. Even you didn't have any idea of what he was about to say, so you sat there facing him with anticipation. "I know that Kris' leave was a shock and sudden to us, but I'm sorry, I have to leave too." What? What is he saying- "MWO? MWORAGO? Hyung, what are you saying?!" They were all confused and shocked too, including you. Your jaw was hung open and you looked at Luhan as if he was a ghost. "Luhan.. What do you mean?" You asked him. He asked the boys to calm down and listen, then he took your hands in his. He turned to them and explained, "That day when we were in Beijing for SMTown concert, I went to see my family. You remember? I was so happy to see them still healthy and alive. But when we were saying goodbye, I realized something. I realized that my parents are getting older day by day, and I felt like I hadn't been with them for a long time. It felt like I hadn't seen them in ages and I missed them so much. They need me. I need to be there for them, I'm their only child afterall. I am scared that I will not make it to see them if they get sick. I'm scared I would never get to see them again. I love them too much. They're my number one priority, and I need to be there for them and support and take care of them like how a son should do. I hope you understand me.." The boys went silent. You went silent. You had tears in your eyes because his words were sincere, he loved his parents so much. You'd do the same thing too if you were in his place. You would be scared too. But all the emotions you were feeling were slowly taking over you. You felt angry, sorry at the same time, and mostly sad. You didn't like being away from him. You were afraid you would lose him. You didn't really like the idea of "long distanced relationship" with your boyfriend. You wanted to be with him always. By his side. You loved him. But his decision was so sudden. You didn't realize you were already crying, and it caught everyone's attention. "Baby, I'm so sorry, please don't cry, please," Luhan caressed your back and pulled you into a hug, rubbing your back and kissing your head until you stopped crying. What you didn't knew was, the boys were tearing up too. But they weren't crying, except Tao. Tao was crying silently and Baekhyun was patting his back telling him, "Stop crying, Tao. You need to be strong for her. She's feeling sadder than you are." 

 

You woke up the next morning feeling more tired than usual, and as you rubbed your eyes, you felt a slight pain. Maybe because you were crying yourself to sleep last night. Last night. Sigh. You hoped last night was just a bad dream, but the reality hit you like a truck. It wasn't a dream. You decided to put that matter away for a while and headed to shower. After a good 20 minutes of getting ready for the day, you took your bag and walked out of your room, heading to the kitchen. You put your bag in the living room and went back to the kitchen to start cooking for breakfast. As if they knew the breakfast was ready, the boys got out of their respective rooms and went straight to sit at the dining table. "Morning, oppa-deul," you greeted. "Morning~" was all you got from each of them, but the one that you liked the most was from Luhan, because he gave an extra greet on the cheek, aka a peck. You smiled softly at him and nodded when he asked, "You okay?" "Let's eat," you invited them. They finished the breakfast you made quickly and got ready to go out for their schedules for the day. 

The day went by as usual; schedules, practice, practice, practice. It went on and on and on like that everyday. You were actually thankful to the boys because they didn't bring up last night's topic. And you were thankful that Luhan treated you like he always do. He would be smiling at you from time to time, pinching your cheeks, playing with your hair, resting his head on your lap. But you never knew, that all the sweet things he said, and all the skinship he had with you today, would be the last ones. 

"I'm leaving tomorrow morning," he said looking down at your hands in his. "What- why so early?" You furrowed your eyebrows. "I had to. I can't continue the tour. Beijing was my last." He's leaving. "So today is the last day you're gonna spend with me, huh." You laughed forcefully. "Don't be like this.." he pleaded. "Are you going to break up with me?" You asked looking deep into his eyes. "What? No! Of course not, why would I want to break u- baby, I love you, okay? I. LOVE. YOU. I wouldn't never break up with you." You bit your bottom lip. How can I not love this guy? "I love you too. Will you still call me? Text me? Facetime me?" You were starting to get worried if he would forget you. "Oh my god, baby, you're my girlfriend. Why would I not call my girlfriend? I'll call you everyday, every night, everytime that I'm free. If I can't call you I'll text you. Don't you worry, I'll always keep in touch with you." He brought you to his chest and hugged you tightly. "I'll tell my parents about my plan." He whispered. You backed up and looked at him confused, "What plan?" you asked. He smiled and took your hand. You felt something cold slip into your finger when suddenly you realized- a ring. "A ring?" you touched the small diamond on the silver coloured ring. Wait.. is he- "A promise ring. See?" He showed you his finger with the same ring on it. Why didn't I notice that.. "And my plan on marrying you. I want to marry you. I want to wake up everyday with you beside me, I want to have breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper with you, I want to watch movies and cuddle with you in the night, I want to have kids with you. I want you in my life. I want you to be there for me always as I will always be there for you. I want us to have a family. I want to marry you. I love you," He said. You were tearing up, again. "Idiot," you chuckled. "What? You don't want to marry me?" He pouted. You laughed and wiped your tears, "I want to marry you too, and although what you said was sweet, you haven't really proposed to me," he widened his eyes. "Oh..yeah," he laughed awkwardly. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked into your eyes shyly, "My beautiful girlfriend, will you promise to wait for me until I have the money ready, will you promise to be with me and will you marry me?" You smiled and touched his cheek, "Yes, yes and yes," you answered. "I will wear this ring until you slip me a new one, on the day of our wedding," You teased while pinching his nose. He leaned forward and touched his forehead with yours, closing his eyes and opening them back to look at you lovingly, saying "I love you, I love you so much," to which you replied with a big smile, and a "I love you too, Luhan. I love you too much." He closed the gap between the both of you, and kissed your lips with so much love and passion in it. The feeling. The sparks you saw when he first kissed you two years ago, the butterflies you felt, the fireworks you saw, they never left you whenever Luhan kissed you. And now although he was leaving, you had faith in him. You knew, he would never cheat on you, he would wait for you and work hard for your marriage. He would be the best guy in this world to be with you for the rest of your life. And that was why you loved him.