Bonus

Marshmallow Is Sweet And So Is Revenge

I dedicate this to KimBeLy (wow, another dedication) because she requested this.

 

Though I don't know if this could keep up with the past chapters(?). LOL.

 

Warning: Cuss words ahead.

 

______________________________

 

 

 

They're going out for the second time but Jackson was as nervous as he was during the first time. He released a shaky breath.

"Come on, Jackson. You've went through this before, didn't you? You can do this, you can do this." He chanted, moving his body to an imaginary beat to release his anxiety. He was in the middle of doing a pelvic when the door opened to reveal his brother. His ing brother who doesn't have the word knock on his vocabulary.

"Ka Yee, can I—"

They shared an eye contact on the mirror. His brother's jaw dropped before he laughed hard.

"Y-You, what are you—" Then his brother clutched on his stomach as he continued to laugh, unable to complete a proper sentence. Jackson imitated it mockingly.

"Haha, are you done?"

"N-Not y-yet—" His brother's laughter seemed like it won't cease for a long while, and Jackson could only sigh.

"I'm going out, you better not follow me."

"Going out with Mark?" His brother wiped away his tears of joy at Jackson's expense, finally stopping his chortle. Jackson nodded as he swung his backpack to his shoulder, passing by his brother who only watched him wordlessly. He was already descending on the stairs when his brother's obnoxiously loud voice boomed once again.

"You practicing for tonight, huh?"

Jackson pretended not to hear its implications.

 

 

 

 

 

"Where do you want to go this time?"

"Well, there's that new cafe near our school." Mark answered, eyes trained on his sketch pad and sometimes peeking at Jackson as he drew his boyfriend's face. Jackson's neck was starting to strain and his wide grin was getting smaller with every passing minutes. He had to talk with his teeth gritted to keep the slowly-disappearing-smile in place.

"Are you kidding? That place was painted pink from inside out! And not to mention the name; The Pink House."

Mark paused. "Seokjin says pink is manly."

"That's just to conceal his hidden gayness." Mark shrugged and resumed sketching.

"You asked me where I want to go and that's where. But it's up to you. I'll go along with everything you want."

Jackson sighed. How will he resist Mark?

"Maarrrkkk,"

"Stop moving, Jackson. The drawing will get uglier than it already is."

"Are you saying that I'm ugly?!"

 

 

 

Jackson opened the glass doors of the cafe, its bells chiming as he entered. He kept his head low, not wanting anyone, especially his past flings, to see him. He walked in until he reached the "most hidden" table and plopped down, body sliding lower and lower until he was half-sitting and half-lying. He patiently waited for Mark.

"Jackson?"

He straightened up and ever so slowly, turned to the source of voice.

"S-Suzy?" Suzy beamed.

"How are you?"

 

 

 

 

 

Mark panted after running from the fourth floor of the dance and theater arts department to The Pink House, where he knew Jackson was in. He was ten minutes late, he knew. His instructor had asked him to clean up after messing with the choreography several times. For some reasons, he wasn't feeling so well that day.

And indeed, Jackson was in the cafe. With a girl.

A beautiful girl.

Mark was quite content with his looks.

But he felt a sudden surge of insecurity.

He padded to the two with unnoticeable steps. It was as if they have their own world as they laughed freely and Mark felt his heart drop when Jackson didn't even notice him. It was the girl who saw him first.

"Oh, do you need anything?"

Mark bit his lip, a bit flustered when the attention was suddenly on him. Jackson's face lit up but Mark failed to see it.

"Mark, this is Suzy, my—"

"Hi, Suzy-ssi." Mark greeted with a short bow, interrupting Jackson's introduction. Then he faced a frowning Jackson. "Jacks, I'm sorry but I think we can't hang out today. I still need to finish something. Excuse me for interrupting you."

Then he was out, with Jackson's ignored cries of his name chasing him out.

 

 

 

 

 

"I think he misunderstood us."

"No , Suzy."

Jackson rubbed his palms on his face in an exasperated manner. This was the first time Mark misinterpreted him and he doesn't know how to explain. He never needed it with his flings before.

"Just go and follow him, you moron."

"... Your innocent looks can really deceive."

 

 

 

 

 

Mark stopped walking once he reached his favorite place in the campus, the tree Jackson named as the "Mark Tree". He smiled weakly as he caressed its bark. "Idiot doesn't know an apple tree."

He rested the back of his head on the tree as he gazed up at the clouds, limbs sprawled in a relax position. He felt so tired so he closed his eyes as his mind drifted to the earlier events. In truth, he felt jealous. He can't help it, he loves Jackson. He also trusts Jackson.

But then, Jackson has a playboy record.

He exhaled. He'll just have to wait for Jackson to elaborate. For now, he wanted to take a long nap.

 

 

 

It was Jackson's turn to sprint around the campus. He opened a lot of doors, including the janitor closets, classrooms with on going classes, even the faculty with no luck.

"Mark, where art thou— oh."

Of course, Mark would be on the Mark Tree, sleeping with no care for the world. Jackson was beyond relieved. He sauntered towards his lover as soundlessly as possible and kneeled beside him. Mark had his lips parted, like always, as he breathed through it. And like always, Jackson had the urge to kiss Mark to wake him up. He shook his head. 'Now's not the right time.'

"Mark," He called out gently. He brushed away the stray strands of red on the other's forehead and froze.

"Mark?" He increased the volume of his voice. Mark's temperature was higher than the normal that Jackson began to fret. "Mark!"

Mark's eyelids sluggishly fluttered open. "Jackson?" He whispered, the sudden headache he felt making him feeble.

"Mark, are you okay?"

Mark tried to nod but he found the simple task difficult, making him realize that no, he's not okay. Definitely far from it. Jackson s an arm around his neck while the other underneath his knees and hauled him up. "You're sick, let's take you home." He turned around and found someone standing not too far ahead them.

"What are you doing here?" He inquired. His brother's teasing smirk faded once he saw Mark's state.

"Suzy called. Come on," His brother led him to his car and opened the door for him to enter with Mark, Suzy already on the passenger's seat.

"We'll take him home."

 

 

 

 

 

When Mark came into consciousness, he nearly panicked at the unfamiliar surroundings but Jackson was by his side in an instant, easing his fear away.

"Are you okay now?"

Jackson held his hand, worry etched on his features. "Better than a while ago, thanks." Jackson visibly loosened. They were silent for a few seconds before Jackson finally mustered the courage to speak.

"Suzy, she's my brother's girlfriend who studied abroad for a year."

Mark felt happy.

He chuckled when he recalled the prior happenings. 'Sometimes I'm like a girl.'

"Don't worry, I'm not mad. I was just..." He trailed off, a tinge of pretty red coloring his cheeks. "I suddenly lose the confidence that you won't look at others aside from me."

"I can't say I won't look at others."

Mark tensed. Was Jackson telling him about the possibility of him being replaced? He felt a pang in his chest.

"But," Jackson cupped his cheek so that their eyes met.

"I can assure you that you're all I'm going to see."

Mark smiled at the sweet gesture and most especially, at the reassuring words. Jackson was elated at the positive reaction Mark gave.

"That's all I need."

 

 

 

 

 

"By the way, Jacks,"

Mark began as he stared at Jackson. They were face to face, lying on Jackson's bed because Jackson's family, including the younger's father, insisted that he stay the night. Jackson hummed in response, gentle eyes peering back at Mark whilst tracing invisible patterns at the back of the older's hand.

"It just occurred to me. How come your mother was at the park at the same time we were having our first date?"

Jackson stilled. He haven't thought about that. He immediately grabbed his phone and dialed a number. After three rings, it was answered.

"Ka Yee?"

"Mom? When you caught me and Mark on our first date, what were you doing in that place?"

"H-Huh? I... Uhh... I was on the way to the mall?"

"But there are no malls there!"

"... Ask your brother."

"Ka Yee?"

"Mom told me to ask you— wait, why was Suzy in The Pink House this noon?"

"It's all dad's idea, okay? Bye." Jackson lied back beside Mark when his brother hang up.

"I totally never expected that."

 

 

 

 

 

— おわり

 

WTF IS THIS.