one

voodoo doll

{ all characters are of the same age, unless flashbacks occur. }

"N!!" the blond turned around to see who have called him while he is trying to do his homework after much procrastination. His frown turned into a smile to see a red head walking towards him with his hands behind his back.
"Shik-ah! What are you doing here?" N asks, curious on the sudden presence.
Wonshik just smiles and reveal the present he had behind his back. It was a doll, with many stitches and button eyes, with a crooked smile. It wasn't ugly, N thought.
"This is a voodoo doll, and this is your new soulmate." Shik says as he pass the new doll to N.
N was amused, but was still curious.
"Why did you gave this to me? I thought you're my soulmate..." N's voice fading at the end.
Wonshik giggled and replied while taking hold of N's hands, "I don't have much time, Hakyeonnie. I will leave sooner than you'll expect."
N knew where Wonshik was to leave to. He held back the tears and smiled, "Anyways, thank you for my new soulmate. But I'll always remember you Shik-ah."

 

 

 

 

 

// 7 years later //
N yawns and stretches after getting out of bed by the most annoying alarm clock ever, Hong Bin. Hong Bin literally called him at 5am in the morning, asking whether he should wear his new or old uniform, with that, N decided to wake up and prepare for school. He has a lot of time, like for another two hours left till the school gates open. N showered and got dressed, finishes his breakfast as slow as he could and tried reading his storybook, ' The Fault In Our Stars' but he yawns and ended up falling asleep. He woke up with the sound of knocking on his door. He checked the clock and wiped off any drool before opening the door to reveal a blond name Minhyuk, his school partner.
"Yeonnie!! I didn't see you at the bus stop at your usual timing so I came to fetch you, like maybe you haven't gone to school or something. I know it's still tooooooo early but can we go to school together like we used to? I mean it's my fault we go separately now because I'm too busy with leadership and stuffs but can we go back to being inseparable and be best friends again?" Minhyuk took a deep breath and let go, then smiled.
N chuckled at his still very best friend's speech early in the morning. It's true, it's still early. N only slept for 15 minutes. He still has 50 minutes left. He went in to take his bag, locked the doors, wore his shoes and linked arms with Minhyuk, "LET'S GOOOOOOO!"