Confused

Sulli's dream: Successfully wooing Sehun with the help of KaiStal!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yes, yes, yes, Choi Jinri! You can do this! Fighting!” Sulli raised her fist up in the air, this time careful not to hit Luhan on the face anymore. “I don’t even know what’s with your… plan,” Amber sighed, rolling her eyes. The three of them were the only ones who had gotten back to the dorms the previous night, since they had attended a late variety show together.

 

“It’s my plan to get Sehun oppa to notice me; don’t jinx it!” Sulli pouted and crossed her arms childishly. Amber scoffed again, “Alright, alright. Let’s see whether you could even stick to that plan more than a day…” The younger girl whipped her head to the side and made a face, “Sure I can! Now if I succeed…”

 

Sulli let out an evil chuckle which sounded more like squeaking, “Then Oh Sehun will be my boyfriend!” She smiled dreamily at the thought, as Luna nudged the tomboy beside her, trying to hold her laughter. This had got to work, Sulli had been thinking.

 

If she were to ignore Sehun’s presence every time they meet and not greet him so cheerily anymore when seeing him, the guy would surely notice the change in her, right? And then that was where Sulli would continue behaving as if Sehun was invisible, until the latter finally wouldn’t be able to take it anymore and confront her about it.

 

Finally and hopefully… he would confess and- BAM! Yeah, that was Sulli’s plan. She’d saw that in dramas, and seeing how her situation was so similar, she was sure that it’d work. Well, the only difference was that she was doing it on purpose; but as long as Sehun realizes his feelings, even if it might only be a little, a few ‘underhand’ means would mean nothing – no?

 

So as soon as Sulli stepped out of the car, she was ready to… ignore Sehun. But the problem was, Sehun and her were taking different courses, and funny, she was supposed to ignore him but instead, the girl was desperately finding Sehun in order to ignore him.

 

Guess that was how crushes worked… She had to wait and wait and wait, until finally, lunch came. Bolting out from her seat, Sulli rushed to the rooftop, followed by Chen and Suho (since they happened to be taking the same lecture) who both flinched at her sudden action.

 

She climbed the stairs hastily, and it was unlucky that her previous class was on the first level of the building. Upon reaching, Sulli’s silly smile was already spreading across her face when she saw Sehun present with a few other guys and Victoria. But she quickly smacked her hands onto her face, pulling her smile down forcefully (and childishly).

 

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and stepped onto the rooftop. Then, Sulli realized that it wasn’t going to work if it was going like this. Sehun had never given her any special attention anyways, so if she were to be all quiet and gloomy by the side, it seemed like he wouldn’t notice either…

 

So, pulling the smile back onto the face, Sulli stepped forward and greeted the boys one by one cheerily, skipping Sehun in the process. She plopped herself down beside Victoria then, and the older girl sent a weird look, noticing how Sulli seemed to be overly cheerful around the boys that day, and was ignoring… Sehun.

 

She lucky that her acting skills were good, or Sulli’s smile would be considered as fake to the others’ eyes, since her cheeks were already hurting. She huffed and took out her textbooks, stealing a glance at Sehun in the process. But oh well, Sehun was talking to Baekhyun and not looking back at her!

 

Pouting angrily, the girl stabbed her eggroll with a fork, before stuffing the food into . Amber, who had just arrived, nudged Luna on the side whilst holding in her laughter. “Plan not working!” Luna mouthed playfully to her group mate.

 

*****

 

The whole day, Sulli was thinking and thinking about the same thing – ignoring Sehun in this way wasn’t going to work at all! The both of rarely met during the times they attend school, except for lunch. If she were lucky, they would bump into each other during the hallways. But if she wasn’t lucky and got a long list of schedules to handle, then she wouldn’t be able to see him for weeks.

 

So of course, that cheeky girl thought of another plan. She would wait for Sehun outside his class after school, then when he comes out, she go and bump onto him, purposely dropping her books. And well, you know, she’d remain nonchalant when the boy picks them up and just walk away without a single greeting.

 

Yeah, she would do that. After all, love is something you have to fight for, isn’t it? She could wait for feelings to be developed by time; she could just stay by Sehun’s side quietly for a long time, and one day, he’d surely notice how long she’s been beside him.

 

But lately, Sulli felt like she couldn’t wait anymore. She felt like if she were to let go of Sehun even a little, his heart would be snatched by someone. Deep in her heart, she knew that feeling and the cause of it, but she refused to admit that maybe… maybe all along, Sehun had already been loving someone else…

 

When she thought about it, why couldn’t he just open his heart a little? She was someone with no lack of suitors, rather pretty and had good grades, yet, she was willing to go around, indirectly telling every close friend of hers and his that she liked him. She even told him that she loved him - her pride was thrown away and her heart given to him.

 

So why couldn’t he just at least act like a friend to her, and not act as if she was a stranger he’d just known from a mutual friend? Every time Sulli says it didn’t hurt, it actually does, more or less. She was the first who asked for his number, the first who initiated becoming friends, the first to smile so brightly whenever she sees him, and also the first who confessed.

 

But seeing how much she’d done and how Sehun hadn’t made a move, it was starting to hurt. She remain cheerful not because she wanted to hide her sadness; it was because she wanted their love, if possible, to be beautiful. Maybe,  somehow and someday, he would think that her smile was beautiful, and she wanted it to stay that way.

 

She didn’t want a teary confession that she had been waiting for him to reciprocate her feelings

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter