Chapter 4

Love at first sight

 


Luck.

 

That was the only thing Kyungsoo had been praying the whole trip back to their house. After their unexpected encounter with his siblings, he had concluded that the Goddess of Luck wasn’t smiling down on him today.  Tao kept on asking him things about Jongin and he swore he might end up hitting Tao unconscious because the younger boy might unintentionally tell Luhan and Minseok about their little meeting. He was partly thankful that it was Junmyeon who had to pick the younger boys up from the day care since Luhan had some clients to meet, if not well it really wouldn’t be a pretty picture.

 

“Hyung…um” Kyungsoo slowly looked up at his older brother silently driving beside him. After introducing Jongin to Junmyeon earlier and being pulled by Tao because he needed to go pee he was unsure if Junmyeon had actually threatened the younger boy or not. The moment he and Tao came back, Jongin looked like a deer caught in the headlights and he weakly suggested that he should take his leave after Junmyeon collects the sundaes he ordered for the two kids from the counter.

 

Junmyeon sighed and cracked a small smile as he kept his eyes on the road. “I didn’t scare the poor kid if you’re wondering, Kyungie”

 

The younger pouted. “Then why did he looked like he’s about to collapse”

 

“Well, I may or may not have said a thing or two, I suppose.” The blonde shrugged his shoulders.

 

“HYUUUNGG!!” Kyungsoo stared and gaped at his blonde brother who burst out laughing. 

 

Apparently, Junmyeon was enjoying his little teasing time with Kyungsoo and wondered if this is how the triplets felt whenever they were mischievous and playful to Kyungsoo. His reactions were always gold and award winning, it’s cute. He laughed and reached out to mess Kyungsoo’s hair with a free hand. “Chill, I was just kidding. He seems like a decent boy.”

 

“I hate you, Junmyeon hyung” He muttered and earned a kick at the back of his seat and a mouthful of whines from the younger boys telling him not to hate their hyungs. "Hey!!" 

 

“Cut it out Tao, Sehun. ” Junmyeon said as he glanced up at the rear view mirror and watch the two boys sit back on their seat like little angles before glancing back to the boy beside him.

 

Kyungsoo sighed tiredly and played with the hem of his black shirt. “We weren’t on a date if you’re wondering.” He mumbledand started to ramble as he twisted the end of his shirt with his hands. “I was supposed to treat him because the three idiots decided to play a trick on him. I was just being nice ...oh he was the one who paid for our ice cream. I guess I should pay him back for the ice cream on Monday and give the three idiots a piece of my mind later. . ”

 

“Soo, I didn’t say you were dating though... more or less wondering”

 

“But it seems like you were—“

 

“I’m not giving Kyungie to that dark hyung!” Sehun suddenly blurted out from the back seat immediately causing Junmyeon to chuckle and Kyungsoo to sigh again.

 

“He’s gonna have a hard time winning everyone though Kyungie” His hyung half sung and smiled as he made a last turn and enter the street where they all grew up in. “And don’t worry. I won’t tell this to Luhan….though I’d love to see his face if he does find out.”

 

The younger boy groaned and rolled his eyes as they rolled up in their garage and stepped out. “Trust me his face won’t be as pretty as it always is, hyung” He laughed.


 

“Chanyeol! Ouch! You’re heavy!”

 

“Quit whining! You asked for this!”

 

“Hey!”

 

“Reach farther you dumb giant! Not here, there! H-Hey!”

 

“This is my limit, Baek!” Chanyeol groaned.

 

Jongdae sighed and watch his two dumb siblings continued to yell and bicker at each other while in the midst of playing twister. It was one of Baekhyun’s bright ideas to play the said game with Chanyeol because who liked doing chores? It was Jongdae’s duty tonight and he was supposed to have a buddy to help him finish the chores but being the stubborn little (not to mention the oldest) triplet Baekhyun was he dared Chanyeol to a game and told him that the loser has to join Jongdae. And since the middle triplet gladly accepted his duty today he acted as the referee while his two other siblings fight for the chance to not do the dishes tonight.  

 

“Right hand, Red “Jongdae yawned and watch the two reach for the same spot. Chanyeol glared at Baekhyun while the smaller boy tried to slap the younger’s hand away.  “Baek, Yeollie touched that circle first. Go find another red circle. ”

 

“But it’s too far!”The older whined, pushing Chanyeol’s hand away from the spot and the other fighting back for the it. They slapped each others hand for a whole minute and heard Jongdae clear his throat.

 

Jongdae smiled “Well, it’s either that or you can just join me and wash greasy dishes later. You’ll miss out your favourite groups performance on TV~”

 

The older triplet hissed at Chanyeol and Jongdae and tried to reach for the other end while their limbs are nearly tangled.  “I swear Yoda I’m winning this game and you’re washing the dishes with Jongdae!” He muttered under his breath and went over Chanyeol’s lanky body.

 

“Hey, Hey , Hey!!” Chanyeol yelled as he felt his brother’s weight on top of him as he placed his hand on the other red circle at the end of the twister map. Jongdae snorted at the situation Chanyeol and Baekhyun were in and shrugged his shoulders. 

 

“Hurry up with the next spin, Jongdae!! I hate to tell you this but we’re really in a little bit compromising position that no one should walk int—“

 

“Oh crap!!” Kyungsoo’s hand immediately flies to Sehun’s innocent eyes and earns a painful groan from the younger kid. “What are you guys doing!!” He nearly screeches as he stared at Baekhyun over Chanyeol’s flipped body and Jongdae sitting at the side holding a board and was nearly half asleep. 

 

“Playing?”Jongdae looked up and responded to his brother  sounding innocent as much as possible and spun the arrow on the board he was holding. “Left foot, Green”

 

“Finally!!” Baek breathed and shifted to a more child friendly position followed by Chanyeol who squatted back and reach for the green circle near his right foot. “And welcome home “ He greeted his brothers standing by the entrance of their living room.

 

“Play?” Sehun grinned and pulled Kyungsoo’s hand away from his face and launched himself towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “Sehunnie wants to play too!!” He yelled with much enthusiasm and leaps forward causing his hyungs to collapse on the floor under him.

 

“SEHUUN!!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun both groans and freak out when they realize that they both had their backs pressed on the floor with Sehun on top of them giggling and asking them to let him join whatever they were playing.

 

“Well, I guess we all have to clean the dishes together” Jongdae smirks at his brothers triumphantly as if all of this was according to his plan. “Hyuungggg, what’s for dinner? Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s were nice enough to tell me that they’d help wash the dishes later” He called out as he saw Junmyeon pass by the hallway with a few grocery bags in his arms and ran over to help him unpack the groceries.

 

“Got outwitted by the middle again” Kyungsoo smirked before pulling a curious Tao to the kitchen and hand him a glass of water since he started getting squeaky hiccups again.


 

“So 6 brothers in one day? How did you manage not to loose a limb?”

 

Jongin sighed and tiredly nodded his head. Taemin stared at his best friend and started laughing at him as they walked towards gym class. The younger boy had explained his encounter with one of Kyungsoo’s older brothers and admitted to his friend that he was totally scared that he almost peed on his pants.  He wasn’t so sure himself how did he survive the meeting, watch the weekend pass by like a blur and walk with his friend on a Monday morning after.

 

When Tao, Kyungsoo’s little brother had decided that it’s his time to take the trip to the little boys bathroom he was left alone with Junmyeon and the youngest who had already expressed his dislike towards Jongin.

 

Sehun had stomped on Jongin’s foot and stuck his tongue out the moment Kyungsoo was gone and hid behind Junmyeon’s legs while yelling something about Kyungsoo being his. The older apologized and scolded the younger boy before introducing himself to Jongin.

 

“Do Junmyeon, Kyungsoo’s fourth eldest brother” Junmyeon said giving Jongin’s hand a firm shake. Jongin gulped and took his hand and introduced himself as well. “So…..you’re the one who kept sending our little Kyungsoo love notes?” He asked while walking around Jongin and scrutinizing him head to toe. Jongin gulped and nodded his head.

 

“Y-Yes”

 

“And what made you like our little Kyungie?” Junmyeon’s eyes stared at Jongin and he swore he saw a black evil aura slowly emitting around the older guy.

 

“Um…um… “

 

“How did you meet our Kyungie?”

 

“When did you meet Kyungsoo?”

 

Jongin started sweating bullets. His mind suddenly went blank and he felt like something had lodge itself in his throat rendering him speechless as the older started to relentlessly throw questions at him. If this was a job interview he probably lost the job he was applying for already.

 

“At least you look good. “ Junmyeon nodded to himself. ”But the real question lies if you could get approval from the twins.” He smiled at Jongin and pat his head. “I’d like to see how you work on that little Kim Jongin”  He flashed a grin, a threatening grin at Jongin before turning to Sehun who was complaining that the ice cream they ordered was taking so long.

 

Taemin shuddered at Jongin’s story and imagined how this Junmyeon hyung looked like. He had a vague imagination of a blonde tall man with horns and fangs and was laughing menacingly while covering his face with a cape.  He slightly cringed and gave Jongin a supportive pat on the back. Even if the hurdles seemed to be unending he was sure his best friend wouldn’t give him. This is Kim Jongin we’re talking about. The kid is persistent and would do everything to get what he wants. And he wants Kyungsoo. So if he has to deal with his brothers he will and Taemin is there to give him his 101% support. He was just glad he didn’t fall for Kyungsoo. Taemin shuddered at the thought of the older’s brothers.

 

“Oh!”

 

The two stops at the entrance of their gym and sees that it is still occupied by another class – Kyungsoo’s class. Immediately, his friend’s eyes scans for that one familiar face and his brows meet at the center of his forehead when he couldn’t locate the person he was looking for among the students playing basketball on the court.

 

“Oh, Jongin!”

 

Jongin turns towards the voice and immediately rushes to Kyungsoo’s side. “What happened to you?! ” He gasps and stares at a limping Kyungsoo looking all wet.  Is Kyungsoo the type to sweat a lot? Jongin had to slap himself mentally for thinking weird things again.  But the smaller guy did look wet.

 

“A careless error” Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders and glanced down at his throbbing foot. “Are you guys going to use the Gym after?”

 

Taemin nodded his head and glanced at Jongin who looked grief stricken as he stared at Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo hummed and nodded his head. “Well, We’re about to be done anyway. You guys can probably sit on the bleachers while waiting for your other classmates. “He said “It’s nice to see you guys. We need to go to the clinic now to make sure I didn’t break any bones, you know” He forced a small hearty smile before wincing when his classmate took a step towards the door while he poorly supported the injured Kyungsoo by the waist.

 

“Wait!”


 

The older boy felt half guilty and grateful when Jongin offered to bring him to the clinic. His classmate wasn’t much of help and he was slightly scared the other boy couldn’t support both of their weight and ended up tumbling down the stairs at some point. Jongin offered to carry him on the back (because he was slightly jealous of the other guy holding Kyungsoo by the waist) but the older boy refused profusely.  He didn’t want anyone to see him riding the younger boy like a child on his back but Jongin insisted and told him no one will see them since classes are still on-going. He was right not a single soul was wandering the hallways when they started their journey to the clinic.

 

When they arrived, the nurse wasn’t at her desk, leaving them to find whatever they need for themselves. Jongin gently dropped Kyungsoo on the bed near the Nurse’s desk and quickly looked around the small white room.

 

“Jongin, I appreciate your help but you should go back to your class. I don’t want you to miss gym class because of me. I can wait for the nurse by myself. ” Kyungsoo said thoughtfully as he watched the younger’s back while he started to rummage through the nurses cabinet and pull out a blue empty ice bag from behind the rows of cough medicines.

 

“I can’t leave you alone hyung.” The brunette said as he collected ice from the mini refrigerator at the corner and filled the ice bag with cubes of ice.

 

“It’s not like I’m gonna run off from the clinic after you leave, Jongin” Kyungsoo breathed slightly annoyed. “If ever I do go out I might as well end up crawling out on the hallway and scare half of the schools population because hello?” He pointed at his swelling ankle.

 

Jongin smiled and walked towards the injured boy. He pulled a chair in front of Kyungsoo and gently lifted his foot to his lap. “It’s just gym class, Kyungsoo hyung. No one’s gonna notice I was gone.”

 

“But…”

 

The younger lifted a hand and pressed it on Kyungsoo’s lips shushing him from any more complaints. “My mother would always tell me to never ignore anyone injured or hurt. And see-ing that the nurse is missing for some odd reasons,  I have to tend to your sprain before it gets worst.” He smiled and the older sighed in defeat.  He told him that he had to see his foot and he quickly slipped his shoes out followed by his socks.

 

Kyungsoo felt his heart race as Jongin inspect his bare swollen foot and lightly blushed. Jongin’s touch were light and warm and he wasn’t used to having someone else touch him even if it’s just his foot. The whole situation was new to him so he tried to focus his gaze at the clock hanging on the wall across them and stare at it while the younger tends to his injury. Gently, Jongin pressed the cold ice pack on Kyungsoo’s swollen foot and noted how white and nice Kyungsoo’s it looked…as if it was a girls feet.

 

He lowered his head and bit his lower lip trying hard not to smile at the thought and make himself look like a creeper in front of Kyungsoo. The last thing he wanted to happen is make a total fool of himself when he’s already trying hard to win him over. The silence grew between them and it was slightly getting awkward so the older decided to break the eerie silence.

 

“Y-You seem to know what you’re doing?”

 

Jongin nodded and fixed the cold compress on the older’s ankle. “My mom’s a doctor. I used to watch her conduct first aid treatments to interns and other people so…I guess you could say sitting in most of her seminars became useful. It doesn’t look too serious anyway” He said referring to Kyungsoo’s sprain.

 

“Okay. I guess I still can walk then.”

 

The brunette laughed and nodded his head. “Of course, Hyung. You have the best first aid assistant here” He grinned at him and earning silent curse from Kyungsoo. “What happened anyway?”

 

“I told you….a careless error. “The older lightly blushed and pursed his lips before sighing when Jongin gave him an unsatisfied looked. “Okay, fine. I slipped when I was running towards the water fountain at the corner of the gym. Satisfied?” He mumbled and covered his hands with his face, embarassed. Break time was too short and he was already dehydrated when he decided to run towards the water fountain. He may or may not have heard Jongin’s name from one of his classmates. His eyes had wandered around the Gym and didn’t pay attention to where he was actually stepping on and ended up slipping on the water puddle that had formed from the leaking water fountain thus twisting his ankle in the process. He was sure he let out a horrible yelp but he wasn’t telling anyone that.

 

Jongin chuckled and shook his head. He slowly reached for Kyungsoo’s arm and removed it from covering his slightly flushed face. The younger smiled warmly at him and held his hands in his.“You should be more careful Hyung.” He said and Kyungsoo nodded his head silently. “I don’t think any of your hyungs would be happy with your Injury, Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo was about to say something when their school nurse chose to slam the door open while carrying a box of medical supplies ultimately ruining the warm fluffy moment Kyungsoo and Jongin were having.  

 


 

“Well Kyungsoo! Were you bullied?! Were you pushed down the stairs by someone? Do I finally get to beat someone up ?”” Chanyeol cried and fling his arms around the younger and rub his cheeks against his younger brother’s head much to Kyungsoo's annoyance the moment he saw the younger leaning on the wall his feet all wrapped in a  bandage. 

 

Kyungsoo roughly pushed his brother away and frowned at him. “I just got a sprained ankle dummy! Why would you think I got bullied or get pushed down the stairs. ” He asked huffing while they stood outside the school gate and waited for one of their hyungs to pick them up since Kyungsoo wouldn’t be able to walk home. He grabbed the taller boys arm for support and sighed tiredly.

 

Baekhyun squatted down and stared at Kyungsoo’s wrapped foot. “It’s nice that our nurse finally learned how to wrap injuries properly this time.” He said and looked up at Kyungsoo who lightly blushed. Jongdae raised a brow and gauge Kyungsoo’s reaction for a while. Seeing that the blush on his brother's feet won't be gone for a while he threw him a meaningly smirk. Baekhyun started to recalled that one particular incident that he had to wrap his wrist all by himself because apparently the new nurse was too nervous that time to handle Baekhyun’s sprained wrist but no one actually paid attention to him since the other two boys were staring at Kyungsoo. 

 

“O-of course, she’s a nurse! Wrapping injuries properly would be easy as pie to her, dummy” Kyungsoo groaned and shot a look at Jongdae who was giving him a look that said he wasn’t buying any the younger was saying “Quit being too nosy, Jongdae.”

 

Jongdae shrugged and threw a hand behind his hand. “Suureee, she sure did a good job. But I don’t remember her having a puppy designed bandage Kyungsoo.” He said pointing at the bandage stuck on Kyungsoo’s elbow. It was a bandage Jongin had kept in his wallet and offered to Kyungsoo when they noticed he had a slight cut on the skin.

 

“Uh…a friend offered it to me when he helped me to the clinic.” Kyungsoo said slightly covering his wounded elbow with his hand and laughed rather forcefully. “Oh! It’s Minseok hyung!” He said and waved at the black car that ran past them. He watched the car screech to a halt which nearly made everyone around the area wince in pain before it started to roll back in front of them.

 

“Kyungiieee!” Minseok stepped out of the car and rushed towards the injured boy. “What happened to you!?” He gasped and held the younger boy by the shoulder. “Are you alright? When the nurse called and told me you got in an accident and I told Luhan, he nearly collapsed while on the way to a meeting. You nearly gave us a heart attack.” He said as he inspected his face and arms down to his foot.

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the eldest and placed his hands on the eldest’s shoulder. “Hyung, you’re over reacting. I just slipped during Gym class. Stop making a big deal out of it. You’re starting to act like Luhan Hyung” He said. Minseok straightened up and coughed. He took out a deep breath and slapped his cheeks lightly before pulling himself together.

 

“I swear Luhan’s over protectiveness is really getting infectious. “ The eldest muttered. “Alright, everyone into the car. We still have to pick up Tao and Sehun” He ordered as he and Chanyeol help Kyungsoo get in the passenger seat infront. .

 

The whole trip back home was a complete riot. Minseok swore to himself he’s never volunteering to pick up majority of his younger brothers ever again. Apparently, Sehun and Tao had a fight over a chocolate bar and is still currently waging war against each other. Tao was seated on Baekhyun’s lap at the other side of the door while Sehun was with Chanyeol who was seated at the opposite. Jongdae was caught in the middle of his four brothers and had practically jammed his earphones in his ears, shutting all the noise around him out as he blasted some music in his ears.

 

In a constrained place such as Minseok’s car, the noise only reverberated around them and Kyungsoo swore he was on the verge of slapping a pack of tapes on the mouth of his brothers behind him. He couldn’t even think of a proper reply to Jongin’s message. The younger had asked him if it was doing okay and would  it be alright to hang out sometime soon like a movie or lunch. He huffed tiredly because he couldn’t properly whether to accepct or decline the invite when he could hear Tao crying behind him while Sehun called him a whiney panda, Chanyeol and Baekhyun arguing who is better Iron Man or Batman. Jongdae suddenly singing out loud the song he was listening to.

 

He messed his hair up and turned to glare at the people sitting at the passenger seat.

 

“What?” Chanyeol asked halting his debate with his oldest triplet.

 

“WILL. YOU. GUYS. SHUT. THE. . UP?!” Kyungsoo screamed causing Minseok to accidently hit on the break and almost throwing everyone forward. “Hyung!!”

 

“Sorry, red light” Minseok groaned tiredly and leaned on the driving wheel. He silently wished he was back at the office dealing with all the financial statements and reports all piled up on his desks instead of dealing with everyone screaming right now.

 

“AHH!!” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and stared at his phone.

 

Everyone had their eyes at Kyungsoo and asked why he suddenly freaked out. The injured boy was quick enough to dismiss them and told them that a classmate had reminded him of their project together and he totally forgot about it. Lucky for him, his hyungs bought the lie and resumed their noise.

 

Silently, Kyungsoo stared at the message he had sent to Jongin.

 

K

 

It wasn’t supposed a K. He might have tapped the wrong button and accidentally send it to Jongin when Minseok stepped on the break. Before he could even take back that single letter message he had sent to the younger, another message flashed on his phone.

 

I’m glad you agreed Hyung! Do you want to go somewhere or should I surprise you? ;D

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t have a heart to take back his word now. He had just agreed to go on a date with Jongin.


A/n: hello again! Kaisoo date coming up next chapter! Please look forward to it. 

 

Ciao! ^^