Chapter 3

Love at first sight

 


                                                                                         

“Uh…”

 

Kris sighed and leaned back on the couch with his hands clasped together behind his head.  “Soo, we just want to know. You don’t have to act so tensed. ” He said and lightly kicked Luhan on the shin signalling him to stop staring at the paper as if he has been secretly asking it to suddenly combust and burn into ashes.

 

Do Kyungsoo almost never stutters. He is confident and always had his chin up whenever he converses with anyone. The only time you would see him stutter and screw up is when he is under the scrutinizing eyes of his hyungs and when he knows he is in deep . 

 

And he is in deep right now. 

 

“Well.. I..uh..h-hyung..um.”

 

Kyungsoo’s mind totally blanked out. His eyes flickered left and right on the floor and tried to rack some reason or any reason in his mind but nothing came out. Minseok noticed how anxious Kyungsoo had gotten in a span of 3 minutes and decided to step in as the oldest person and most reasonable mature person in this household or so he thinks.  He sighed and patted Kyungsoo’s head lightly. “Hey, did you meet someone at school, Kyungie?” He asked softly attempting to strike a conversation with the youngest and the youngest nodded his head in reply. He pursed his lips and tried not to meet his hyungs eyes.

 

“Y-yeah.”

 

“And he or she’s the one who sent you this?” Junmyeon continued as he picked the piece of paper up from the table and silently read all the mushy words written on it. He tried not to cringe but Kyungsoo could see he was already failing from hiding it.  “...I mean this person you met.”

 

“He” Kyungsoo corrected and nodded his head again. His shoulders stiffened when Luhan suddenly stood up from his seat and briskly paced towards Kyungsoo. The oldest hyung stood behind Kyungsoo ready to push the younger behind him just in case Luhan decides to go berserk or something.

 

“Luhan…” The other three boys watched Luhan carefully, ready to act if ever the honey brown haired boy reacts violently which they all expect from him.

 

There was a small period of silence between the two of them and Kyungsoo hesitated to talk but it was already getting awkward and wanted to things to end already. “H-hyung I..” The younger boy carefully glanced up at him afraid that Luhan might burst out any minute know but the next thing he knew he was engulfed in Luhan’s arms.

 

“MY BABY KYUNGIE HAS SOMEONE COURTING HIM!  THIS CAN’T BE. ” Luhan cried and the older twin standing behind him slapped his forehead. “Minseok, can you believe this!” He sniffed. The second oldest face looked grief stricken.  Minseok groaned tiredly. The gates of hell has been slightly lowered down back to its rightful place. Kris and Junmyeon visibly relaxed and leaned back on the couch while the triplets who had been eavesdropping on them out on the hallway from the beginning, dropped on the floor tiredly on top of each other. The tensed atmosphere hanging around their house finally dropped however it was replaced with Luhan’s cries of protest which was not a good thing either.

 

“Luhan, you’re choking Kyungsoo.” Minseok said as he tried to pry his twin away from the younger boy.

 

“NO! NO! NO! He can’t date. He’s not allowed to date ‘til we’re fifty Minseok!” the honey browned haired hyung declared and hugged Kyungsoo tighter, swatting Minseok’s arms away. “I will not allow this. I can’t!”

 

“Luhan...”

 

Luhan gasped and shook his head vigorously. “NO, NOT EVEN THE TRIPLETS CAN DATE. DO YOU HEAR ME!?” He yelled and an unwilling ‘yes’ were heard from the hallway. “THEY ALL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL KRIS GROWS WRINKLES ON HIS PRETTY FACE!” He stated and pointed at Kris who was silently watching everything unfold.

 

“Hey!” Kris face scrunched up and Junmyeon snickered, earning a punch from the older blonde. “Don’t drag me in this, you idiot!!”

 

“Luhan!”

 

 —WHICH PROBABLY WON’T HAPPEN, KRIS. DON’T WORRY.” Luhan immediately added and laughed at his own joke. “THAT’S WHY NO ONE CAN DATE. NOT EVEN YOU JUNMYEON OR YIXING.”He called out again and Yixing’s retorts were surprisingly heard all the way from the second floor.

                                   

“YAH! DO LUHAN!!” Minseok yelled at his twin and hit him with the rolled magazine he had on his hand. The younger twin yelped and gaped at him. “, Minseok!! What did I to deserve this kind of treatment. You’re not allowed to date either understood?!” He cried and pouted at his older twin.

 

The shorter twin rolled his eyes and pointed at Kyungsoo who was starting to get gasp for air from his death grip. “Ah, sorry Kyungie.” Luhan apologized and Minseok pulled his twin back on the seat and away from their brother. Kyungsoo let out a cough and gasped for air as Junmyeon soothe his back.  

 

“Anyway, you’re still not allowed to date. Kyungsoo. “

 

Kyungsoo frowned. “This is my life hyung. And besides I’m not dating anyone…yet”

 

Luhan eyes widened and he started pulling his hair out. “SO YOU HAVE PLANS TO?!” Kris and Junmyeon covered their ears as their second eldest started screaming and freaking out again. “YOU CAN’T. MINSEOK TELL HIM HE CAN’T DATE ANYONE. NOT MY BABY KYUNGSOO!!”

 

“Oh God.” Minseok facepalmed and shoved a pillow at Luhan’s face earning them muffled screams instead.. He was starting to get tired of this drama and wanted to get a good night sleep. Kris comes to the rescue in hopes of ending this little discussion so that everyone else can take a rest. He cleared his throat and leaned forward, his elbows propped on his knees.  “Kyungsoo, what our idiot hyung meant is that you’re just too young to go on dates. ”

 

The second eldest threw the pillow at Kris and retorted. “Hey! I did not say tha—“ the older twin slapped his hand on Luhan’s noisy mouth, earning them another wave of muffled cries and asked Junmyeon and Kris to continue talking to Kyungsoo.

 

“ or… we can meet this guy first?” Junmyeon suggested cheerfully and offered him a gentle smile. “Then we can decide. If he’s good for you maybe we’ll allow you.” He said giving him a wink causing Kyungsoo to lightly blush at the idea of dating someone. 

 

“No.” Luhan pulled down Minseoks’ hand from his face and was about to vehemently retort at the idea when Minseok clamp his mouth again with his hand to prevent him from saying anything that would aggravate the issue they’re trying to solve. “I don’t want to mee—“

 

The eldest nodded his head at the idea and agreed with his other brothers. He thanked God for having sensible brothers and wondered why he was given a twin who was apparently crazy....sometimes. “Sounds like a good ide— LUHAN DON’T MY HAND! YOU’RE GROSS!!” Minseok yelled and slapped Luhan on the shoulder. He wiped his palm on his pants before hitting him with a rolled magazine again. Luhan looked accomplished with his little trick and was about to tell Kyungsoo not to listen to Kris and Junmyeon's ideas when a little voice decides to interrupt them agian. 

 

“Chanyeol Hyung~ Minseok Hyung said again!!  Does that mean their mouths get chopped off too?”

 

Everyone fell silent and turn their heads at the direction of the small voice. They found a sleepy Sehun standing at the entrance of their living room wearing his favourite banana printed pajama and his favourite plush Pinku Pinku in his arms. “Chanyeol hyung, Minseok hyung said !” He repeated tugging Chanyeols pants.

 

“MINSEOK, YOU IDIOT!!” Luhan gasped and ran towards Sehun and covered his tiny innocent ears. Sehun stared at Luhan curiously while the others scrambled to explain what meant to thier younger brother. Junmyeon face palmed while Luhan kept on yelling at Minseok while the older did the same. Reasonable and Mature Hyung was flushed down the toilet. Kyungsoo was left dazed because honestly he didn't know what was happening already. Kris and Junmyeon were trying to stop Luhan and Minseok from blaming each other again and asking themselves why did their oldest pair act like brats when suddenly the second youngest walked towards them. His eyes completley glowing with curiouslty.  

 

“Hyung, what’s idiot?” Tao emerged from the door and tug on Luhan’s shirt.

 

It seemed like Luhan and the others had another problem to deal with.

 

How to brainwash Sehun and Tao from profanities?

 


 

Jongin had always thought he’d die at the age where he can no longer walk or run or even stand. But when Kyungsoo suddenly approached him four days later and asked him a favor, he felt like 50 years of his life had slowly faded away from him. Apparently, his brothers wanted to meet the boy who wanted to steal Kyungsoo away from them or so they say. Kyungsoo just quoted his brothers and now he found himself cowering in the bathroom pondering if he should start writing his last will. Taemin won't let Janggu and Monggu  starve right? 

 

“You’re over exaggerating.” Taemin sighed as he leaned outside the stall where Jongin had confined himself in. “It’s not like they’re gonna eat you alive or anything right? Kyungsoo’s a nice guy so his brothers are bound to be nice too.” He said explaining his own logic.

 

Jongin covered his hands with his face and pouted. “Uh..yeah“ He groaned.

 

“What’s scaring you, Jongin. You’ve seen the triplets, right? They look like a bunch of nice guys. I even got to talk to them once. They’re not that bad. “

 

“I dunno Taemin. I just have a bad feeling about this. I feel like I’m about to be sentenced to death for doing nothing wrong. ”

 

“That’s just you being tensed, buddy. It’s not like you’re asking Kyungsoo’s hand in marriage.”His best friend continued as he tried to open the door. He smirked as he saw Jongin look scandalized.  

 

“M-marriage “He spluttered. “Taemin! We’re not even dating!! ” Jongin could feel his cheeks warming up and changing into a darker shade of red.

 

“But you want to right?” He wiggled his eyebrows at him and leaned at the door frame. 

 

“Taemin!!” Jongin cried and hid his face with his hand in embarrassment. His dumb best friend was teasing him for his own amusement again.

 

The older boy snickered and shook his head. “Hmm, so you have plans to then?” He laughed. “Well, you better go and meet Kyungsoo then if you want to see him walking down the aisle someday, Jonginnie~”His friend groaned in reply and threw a shoe at him. Taemin was able to dodge and continued to laugh because Jongin had completely turned as red as a freshly harvest tomato.

“Are you sure you really want to stay here and keep throwing your shoe at me? Break time will be over soon and Kyungsoo might think you had a horrible case of diarrhea. Eww!...That wouldn’t leave a nice impression you know, Jonginnie! And that won’t help you have him end up with you at a church too.” He said poking his cheeks playfully. “As a hyung and best friend I’m telling you to get your up there Kim Jongin or do I have to drag you there looking flustered and half shoeless?”

 

Jongin messed his brown locks and groaned. “Okay, okay. If I die please tell them I lived a good life”

 

“Sure. I’ll tell them you locked yourself in the cubicle and nearly cried your pants out. “

 


 

“Chanyeol, be nice okay.”  Kyungsoo warned the youngest of the triplet and stared at Baekhyun and Jongdae beside him who were all busy poking on their kimchi rice. “He’s a nice guy. So please don’t do anything dumb.”  The three other boys remained silent and Kyungsoo let out a tired sigh.  The triplets are usually noisylike ear deafening noisy. It was really strange for them to just sit still, eat their lunch silently without any much word going in around them. . 

 

When the triplets agreed to meet Jongin, Kyung couldn't hide his happiness and hoped that his brothers would actually like him. Jongin was nothing but nice to him, he was sweet, innocent and always smiling so there was really nothing to hate about the younger boy. He didn't understand what was going on inside the heads of his three brothers but they looked awfully suspicious right now. He gave his brothers a disappointed sigh before hoping that nothing really happens to Jongin. 

 

He looked around and wondered why Jongin wasn’t still in the cafeteria. He was sure he asked him to meet during Lunch break but the younger boy was still no where to be found. A few mintues more and he finally spots the younger boy at the door.A smile spreads across his face and he gives the younger a wave.. “Ah, Jongin!!” 

 

He saw Taemin, Jongin’s best friend give him a shove by the shoulder and smile awkwardly as he walked towards them, stiffly.

 

“Uh..hi ..hyung” Jongin greeted and scratch his head. He swallowed the lump that had formed on his throat and waited for the older to introduce him to his brothers. 

 

Kyungsoo smiled and nodded his head. He turned to his brother and cleared his throat. “Guys, this is Jongin. He's my friend." He said and waited for them to introduce themselves to Jongin. Chanyeol was the first to sit up and offered his hand. Kyungsoo smiled gratefully at Chanyeol but his smile  didn’t last long when the older boy introduced himself.

 

“Hi, I’m Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said offering a hand and Jongin took his hand hesitantly. Kyungsoo turned to Chanyeol confused. Why was he introducing himself as Baekhyun when clearly Baekhyun was beside him …who was strangely lacking reactions. He was about to speak when the eldest of the triplet turned around to speak and introduce himself as Jongdae and Jongdae introduced himself as Chanyeol.

 

“So um, Baekhyun hyung, Chanyeol hyung and Jongdae hyung” Jongin mumbled trying to memorize the names and failed to see Kyungsoo’s distressed look and death glares at his brothers.

 

The triplets remained calm and began talking. “Ah, Baekhyun, I need to see our homework in English can I borrow your notebook?” Jongdae said as he faced Chanyeol who at the moment was Baekhyun.  Chanyeol nodded his head and hand his notebook to his brother.

 

“Here you go, Chanyeol”

 

“Thanks.”

 

Baekhyun bit his tongue and glared at Kyungsoo who apparently kicked him on the shin and mouthed a “what do you guys think you guys are doing?” at him. The eldest shrug his shoulders and smiled at him. “What are you standing there for Jongin and Jongin’s friend, why don’t you guys sit? Join us for lunch. ” He smiled. He stood up moved beside Jongdae giving the other two some space to sit on. 

 

“Thanks Jongdae hyung.”

 

“He’s Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo corrected Jongin but the younger boy could only throw him confused looks.

 

Chanyeol spoke up and insisted he was Baekhyun but the younger one would answer back. “Kyungsoo, how can you mix us up. I’m Baekhyun.” He cried and pretended to sound hurt as he placed a hand on his chest. Jongdae snorted and looked away before Kyungsoo could even notice him.

 

Before meeting up with Kyungsoo, the triplets had already plotted a devious plan which Jongdae and Baekhyun called Operation KJIA which stands for Kick Jongin’s . They all agreed to meet this guy who turns out to be Jongin and mix their names up, planning to make the guy make a total fool of himself …or so Jongdae says so. Unfortunately, the plan is not going to well with Kyungsoo’s apparent death glares. Baekhyun (the real one) silently prayed that he wouldn’t loose his head later at home when the youngest decides to head lock each one them.

 

Lucky for them the bell rang sparing them from Kyungsoo’s permanently burning holes in to their bodies with his death glares and kicks on the leg. Chanyeol was pretty sure he had his all bruised up because everyone knew Kyungsoo’s feet were as strong as steel. Well, at least they were able to fool Jongin with their (lame) plan.  The triplets had already rushed out of the cafeteria before their youngest brother could even say a word.

 

Jongin blinked several times and tried to understand what just happened. Kyungsoo looked like he was about to bloody murder someone when the triplets literally zoomed out of the cafeteria. He stared at Kyungsoo as he pouted and stomp his feet childishly. He snickered and earned a glare from him.

 

“Ah..”

 

Kyungsoo groaned and covered his eyes. “I’m sorry Jongin.” He sighed and pushed Jongin’s hand that had rested on his shoulders. “My brothers are a bunch of idiots. They mixed their names up.” He sighed heavily and looked at the taller boy.

 

“What?”

 

“Eh-Ehem. I hate break your little moment there but..” Taemin scratch the back of his head sheepishly and squeaked the remaining words that classes were about to start when Kyungsoo threw him a glare.

 

“Let’s just talk after class. See you at the entrance” Kyungsoo said before collecting his bag and pacing towards the door.

 


 

“So you’re saying your brothers mixed their names up to confuse me?” Jongin laughter boomed along the streets of their little town earning him some rude glares from the people.. He immediately lowered his head down ashamed of himself. The shorter boy walking beside him nodded his head and sighed. 

 

“What’s so funny about that?” Kyungsoo frowned and stopped in front of the ice cream parlor. “I swear they won’t live to see the sun tomorrow after this.”

 

Jongin sighed and pat Kyungsoo on the shoulder. “It’s okay hyung. You did say I have to somehow get the approval of your brothers right?” He smiled and the smaller boy nodded his head.

 

“Basically, yes. But I don’t like how they’re acting towards my friends. They’re acting like jerks.” He pouted earning another laugh from Jongin. “Don’t laugh!”  and Jongin had to dodge Kyungsoo’s playful punches.

 

The younger brunette tugged on Kyungoo’s arm and led him inside the store. “I think I can actually understand your brothers a little Hyung. They just love you. “ He sincerely smiled down at the older and fell in line down at the counter. “I’d act like that if I had a younger sister or brother too…but unfortunately I’m the youngest in the family.” He grinned and Kyungsoo looked at him with a lot more interest from the information he just heard. He never new Jongin had other siblings since he gave off this ‘only child’ aura around him…or that’s  just him being weird.

 

“Do you have siblings too?”

 

Jongin nodded. “Yeah, I have two noonas. If one of them were younger, I’d do the same. Scare the out of their suitors”

 

The older boy grinned. “Is that how you see yourself right now? You getting scared the out because of my hyungs?”

 

Jongin pointed at the menu and offered to pay for their ice cream. He turned to face the waiting Kyungsoo and smiled. “A little…but the triplets aren’t that scary I suppose?”

 

Kyungsoo scoffed but agreed with him. True enough the triplets weren’t scary as his other hyungs were. Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol maybe spawns of evil that crawled out from the depths of hell and annoying as but they’re too kind to kick butts. Chanyeol is tall and lanky but he’s a real softy and cries over animals…even when cooking. Baekhyun just  sassy and Jongdae is a complete troll and The triplets were just the type of boys who likes to join the bandwagon and annoy him ever since he was born. Their life mission once had been making Kyungsoo's life miserable. He wouldn’t be surprised if Luhan put them up to this. The second eldest is really obsessed with keeping everyone at bay. He recalled how he told everyone how he scared Minseok’s date once and it earned him a cold shoulder from the oldest for a month. His thoughts were disturbed when Jongin swiped the ice cream swirl on his nose and earning a chuckle for the younger one.

 

“That’s not funny. ”

 

“You look happy in your own world there, hyung. I’m starting to feel lonely. ” Jongin winked and offered his handkerchief. The other boy pouted and took it gratefully, using it to wipe the little white cream on the tip of his nose. He glanced up at the smiling Jongin and found his eyes particularly attractive when he smiles. It was cute. 

 

Hold up! Snap out of it Kyungsoo.

 

“You’re really cute, Hyung” Jongin complimented and looked away to hide his blush.

 

“Shut up. I’m not, Jongin”

 

Jongin glanced down at the smaller boy and watch him frown as he continued to wipe his nose with his blue handkerchief and nodded to himself thinking he was definitely cute. His little observation was cut short when they heard the bell ringing signalling a new customer and Kyungsoo’s eyes widening than the usual.

 

All of Kyungsoo’s concern about having a sticky sweet scented nose tip and Jongin staring at him in amusement were all thrown out the window when he heard a familiar giggle from the entrance. He didn’t have to turn around to make sure that those giggles were the one’s he heard on a daily basis and his mind just kind of panicked.  

 

“Jongin” Kyungsoo wide eyes flew straight at Jongin’s and grabbed his arm. “Do as I say and cover me. “ He hissed. Jongin stood in front of Kyungsoo, his back facing the entrance. Kyungsoo took a step to the side and Jongin, although slightly confused mimicked him, covering him with his body. They quickly stride towards the corner of the store in sync and Kyungsoo had his head down the whole time.

 

The brunette looked confused but followed Kyungsoo. When the older turned to the corner and thought they were clear, Kyungsoo pressed his back on the wall and nearly collapsed if Jongin had not supported his shoulders. The younger boy tried to reach for a chair and lead Kyungsoo to it. He had never seen Kyungsoo’s panicked face since the younger seems to be always composed and calm, it was new to him.  Jongin waited for him to calm down and continued to eat his ice cream in silence while he sat beside him.  When the older calmed down he  looked up and sighed. “My brothers were walking in behind us.” He shortly explained and Jongin felt cold suddenly not because of the ice cream. “But it’s okay. I’m sure they didn’t see us. We’re safe her-- ”

 

“Aha!! Found you Kyunggie!”

 

For a second there, Kyungsoo wanted to whimper and cry, let the floor open up and swallow him up. Apparently, they were far from being actually safe. He turned around and smiled at Tao and Sehun who were holding hands and staring curiously up at him.

 

“Tao, Sehun! Funny seeing you two kiddos here? ” Kyungsoo greeted his brothers one pitch higher than his normal voice and offering them his ice cream which they rudely declined. Telling Kyungsoo they didn’t want cooties and it’s melted.

 

“What are you doing? Are you playing hide and seek? Can Hunnie and I join?"” Tao asked and looked over behind his hyung. He blinked several tims and stare at the stranger behind Kyungsoo. “Is he your boyfriend?” He pointed and giggled causing Jongin to turn bright red.

 

Sehun frowned and covered Tao’s curious mouth. “TaoTao, Luhan hyung said not to call anyone friends boyfriend.”

 

“But aren’t you like my boyfriend Sehunnie?” Tao frowned and looked at his brother.

 

The younger boy sighed. “No. I’m your awesome maknae. Luhan hyung said boyfriends are bad like a bad wolf. Sehun is not a bad wolf right?”

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin stared at each other and then down at the younger boys who started arguing about the whole boyfriend thing and what the logic Luhan hyung has been teaching his baby brothers. The older boy sighed and decided to stop the two from arguing because it might end up with a big fight between them and trust me an arguing Tao and Sehun is the last thing you’d want to happen. They’re both tiny but vicious. Tao kicks because he a gifted wushu boy and Sehun is a poison tongued child. Unfortunately, this little devil here knows one word from that can bring Tao and his little wushu skills down without even moving an inch.

 

“Alright break it off you two!” Kyungsoo said pulling the two boys who were frowning at each other apart. “Listen to hyung. Jongin isn’t my boyfriend. He is just a friend. “

 

“Friend?” Tao tilted his head on the side and pouted. Kyungsoo nodded and looked at Sehun who was frowning. 

 

“Sehun” Kyungsoo coaxed the youngest as tears started to threaten his glassy innocent eyes. “Sehun is right, right? See TaoTao, Kyungie said that dark hyung is a friend not a boyfriend.”  The older laughed and wiped the tears on Sehun’s eyes.

 

“Yes, Sehunnie, Jongin is just a friend …just a boy friend. A guy friend. Don’t cry. Luhan hyung’s gonna get mad at you again” He said wiping his lightly flushed cheeks.

 

Jongin fumbled something in his pocket and pulled out two small candies. “Here you go. Stop crying I’m just Kyungsoo hyung friend, Jongin. “ He introduced himself and handed the colourful wrapped candies on each of the maknaes hand. “Nice to meet you Tao, Sehun.”

 

Kyungsoo gave Jongin an appreciative smile which to Sehun frowns at again. “Dark Jongin hyung I don’t like you. “He said as he threw an arm around Kyungsoo and stuck his tongue at him.

 

“Wha-“

 

“Tao! Sehun! Where did you guys go—oh!’”

 

“J-Junmyeon hyung!!” Kyungsoo gulped.


A/n: Yey! For an update! Thank you for the subscription, comments and votes guys!  I hope everyone liked this chapter and loved a freaking out protective Luhan. I find him funny whenever he's protective especially with Minseok xD Anyway, I can't actually decide if everything is going to be like full blown here huhu T__T I'll just probably put fluff here and there on each pairing. lol I hope you guys wouldn't mind. Leave some comments I'd love to read from you guys. I promise you there would be more Kaisoo moments next chapter ^^ 

Ciao!