Chapter 1

Love at first sight

 


Love at first sight was a short phrase that has always left Kim Jongin wondering. All his literature classes for the past few years had always had this small topic about falling in love at first sight, at a snap of a finger, with just one look etc and he silently found it impossible, unimaginable and sometimes ridiculous. How can a person know he’s in love with someone by just looking and not knowing the person? Was there really a cupid flying around and shooting love arrows at them, coupling and pairing this person and that person up? He really didn’t know until he accidentally bumped into a smaller boy around his age and caught him by the elbow, just in time before the boy fell back from the force and hit his head on the lockers.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked

 

The boy looked up at him with wide eyes and smiled gratefully at him. “Um, yeah thank you.”

 

At that moment, Jongin’s world seemed to stop like those dramatic shows where you here a dramatic orchestra music start to play and everything slowly ceased to moved, items suspended in the air and left hanging with just the hero and heroine moving and having their own look me in the eye moment kind of thing. He stared at those perfectly round wide eyes and beautiful heart shape lips and felt himself get lost. He his lower lip and was frozen on his place as the boy in his hands tilt his head on the side and stare at him confusedly.

 

“Let’s go, Soo”

 

Someone had pulled the boy away from his hold and everything felt like moving in fast forward and the boy he helped had disappeared in front of him. That’s when he knew.

 

One autumn day, he finally understood love at first sight and it wasn't even February yet. 

 

 


 

“Weird guy.”

 

Do Kyungsoo blinked at the taller guy who had just saved him. “Who is, Chanyeol?”

 

The taller guy, Chanyeol looked down at his younger brother with an irritated look. “The guy who was holding you, dummy. He looked doped and was gawking at you”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled and shook his head. “No, he wasn’t. He was being kind and help me steady before I hit myself on the locker” He said. “And that reminds me, I haven’t thanked him”

 

He was about to turn a heel and give his thanks to the mystery student but Chanyeol stopped him. “Ah, no you don’t. We’re eating. Jongdae and Baekhyun are already at the cafeteria waiting for us. Besides, my triplet senses are telling me that they’re already as hungry as I am. So better that thank you speech in and eat with your brothers instead.”

 

“Fine”

 


 

“I think I’m in love”

 

Taemin stared at his best friend as if he grew three heads. He knew Jongin might be weird sometimes and say random things once in a while but this  was something he had been least expecting to come out from his mouth. “Say what?” He blinked several times as his melting ice cream drop on his fingers.

 

“I think I’m in love” Jongin repeated. He stared narrating to Taemin his story include the world stopping feeling he felt and the only thing that mattered at that minute (though it was only a few seconds in reality) was those huge round eyes and heart lips.  Taemin wanted to conclude that someone had kidnapped his best friend and fed him with something weird and definitely something that wasn’t from this planet.

 

“You lost me at the world stopping, Jongin. Can you speak in earth language because I didn't understand anything, really.” He said wiping the sticky melted ice cream on his hands with his tissue.

 

Jongin sighed. How could he explain what he was feeling. He was euphoric. He felt something warm spreading across his chest as he remembered those eyes and lips. “I keep telling you Taeminnie, I’m in love. I’ve never felt like this before. I feel…I feel..” He paused and thought of the right words to say. “warm and fuzzy right now” He sighed dreamily.

 

“Okay, now you’re creeping me out!” Taemin scrunched up his nose and discarded the soiled tissue on their table.

 

“Shut up, as if you haven’t been in love” Jongin mumbled .

 

The black haired boy sitting across him sighed in defeat and leaned forward. “So…who is the person responsible for all of this?”

 

The younger boy shut his mouth and pursed his lips. He didn’t even catch his name.  Jongin gasped and slumped on the table. “ I forgot to asked”

 

Taemin burst out laughing at his friend’s failure. Yes, he was that kind of best friend. He laughs at his best friends miseries because he can.  “Are you serious?”

 

The brunette nodded his head. “I was too caught up with his eyes. It’s so captivating, innocent, pure and and—“

 

“Okay, okay!” Taemin cut him mid-sentence and sighed. “Stop it, you sound so love sick already and its gross.”He shook his head in amusement. “I get it. You don’t know his name but you remember what he looked like right?” He asked and Jongin nodded. “Let’s see, big eyes and heart shaped lips” He stretched his neck a little bit as he scanned the students gathered around the busy cafeteria. If there’s anything Taemin is proud of, it’s his 20/20 vision. He mumbled the description Jongin had told him and continued his search until his eyes spotted a small group composed of four students. One guy was laughing out loud and talked non-stop. He was small and really pale, the other guy beside him looked tall and lanky. He had big ears and was laughing as loud as the one beside him. Across them was another small guy with a little curly light brown hair and was poking his food with a fork while talking to his loud friends. He looked really handsome and had a very attractive jaw line. Lastly, a pale boy who looked well behaved seemed out of place compared to the other three but he had round wide eyes and…red heart shaped lips. “Bingo” Taemin smirked and prod at Jongin’s arm. “Is that him?”

 

Jongin squinted his eyes and nodded his head.”Yeah” He breathed.

 

And for the rest of the break, the younger boy found himself staring at the person he had fallen for.

 


 

Three weeks passed by and Kyungsoo had been receiving nothing but sweet messages in his locker. Jongdae, his older brother was the first one to see the messages and Kyungsoo asked him not to tell anyone else about it. The middle triplet agreed in exchange of free ice cream every Friday afternoon and Kyungsoo begrudgingly agreed.  Two days later, Baekhyun saw him reading the note in front of his locker and nearly caused a scene.

 

Roses are red

Violets are blue,

Love never crossed my mind

until the day I met you

 

Chanyeol, the youngest among the triplet happened to see a freaking out Baekhyun and decided to check up on his siblings. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the oldest triplet and grabbed the note back and stuffing it inside his back pack.

 

“Yeollieeee!~” Baekhyun cried and tug on Chanyeols arm. “Our Kyunggie is getting mysterious love notes.” He pouted.

 

“HE WHAT?!” Chanyeol’s eyes grew as wide as Kyungsoo’s and stared at his baby brother who ended up face palming. “SINCE WHEN KYUNGSOO?”

 

“I hope the floor just opens up and swallows me. “Kyungsoo muttered and ignored his brothers and a few other stares they were getting from students passing by. “These are nothing, hyung. Maybe just some guy is playing around.”

 

Chanyeol eyes darted left to right and tried to search for any signs of the culprit behind all these love notes. “Fine. We’ll keep this a secret and no one is going to tell anyone at home that Kyungsoo is receiving love notes to our hyungs. “He said looking at Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongdae who had just arrived at the scene with an ice cream cone in his hand. “We don’t want hell rising up with spitting ball of fires, pitchforks and bloodbath. “He reminded them and cringed as he recall how the older hyungs in their family reacted when someone tried to hit on Baekhyun once. It wasn’t a pretty picture…at all.

 

On the fourth week, reading love notes early in the morning had become a routine for Kyungsoo. He bit his lower lip and tried hard not to crack smile at the words written at the scented parchment paper slipped inside his locker. Jongdae raised a brow at him but opted to keep what he saw to himself.

 

The more people I meet

The more I realize that

It’s only you

I want to be with.

 

Meet me at the garden behind the playground at 4:30 pm?

I’ll be waiting.

 


 

At 4:30 pm in the afternoon, Jongin never felt so ing nervous in his whole 17 years of existence. He paced around the big oak tree and chanted the words he would tell Kyungsoo like a mantra. He has never confessed to anyone and this would be a first. Jongin wasn’t a fan of firsts because all his firsts were always something that turns out horribly wrong. He just hoped that at least this first confession would end up right. He was too focused on saying them out loud and failed to notice the smaller boy standing a few meters away from him with an amused expression plastered on his small angelic face.

 

And no, his first confession didn’t go that well.

 

 

“K-Kyungsoo…h-hyung!”

 

 

The words he wanted to say suddenly mashed up in his brain and every single letter were all mixed up with one another causing him to utter nothing but incoherent ‘uh’ and ‘ah’s. Kyungsoo found it funny and smiled at him.

 

“I’ve never really thanked you for helping out before, Jongin” He said. The way his name rolled out of Kyungsoo’s tongue made Jongin’s heart flutter. “You’re in my Geography and Math class so I know who you are…but you rarely talk to me. So I think I know why now” He offered him a hearty smile that nearly melted Jongin in place. “And…thank you for the umm…notes” He added and waved the paper in between his two fingers.

 

“I…I..”The younger boy began to stutter and mentally hit himself for being stupid.

 

“I heard it actually” Kyungsoo lightly blush and his eyes started to wonder around just to avoid Jongin’s. His eyes settled at the root of the oak tree near Jongin’s feet and he scratched the back of his head awkwardly. “I mean your confession when you were walking around the tree.” He said a little softer “I d..didn’t want t—“

 

Gathering all the courage he can muster in every fibre of his entire being he confessed his feelings to Kyungsoo before collapsing on the ground, squatting in embarrassment. He hid his head between his knees and waited for a rejection but none actually happened.

 

The older boy chuckled. “I’ll give you my answer if you can get pass by my brothers”

 

Jongin looked up and gulped “Brothers?” He asked weakly sensing that Kyungsoo doesn’t only have triplet three brothers. The pale boy in front of him nodded his head and mouthed a number.

 

“Ten brothers”

 

He could already feel is love life slipping away from him.

 


A/n: Hello, hello! This is my first time writing in AFF so... I hope everyone liked this ;; This was actually a story for my friend but I decided to try and give AFF a shot. TwT)a;;;.  It's a simple plot but I'll try my best? Oh, this is an ot12 fic btw!  with slight otps here and there.  The other members will have to wait the next chapter ^^ Feel free to leave some comments below too! 

xoxo!