one

Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Two boys sat on the beach, it was really late that night but they managed to break out from their broken homes. And above them, a sky full of stars, watching them talking to each other as they twinkled proudly above. They both wore ragged clothes and ragged shoes, they would look like brothers because of that, but they weren't. They had different eyes and hair. The blond haired boy who was named Jackson asked the other boy who wore a more brown hair, who was named Mark. "What do you want to be when you gre up, Mark?," he asked. "I want to work with telescopes and observe the sky!" Mark replied. That was their first encounter, under the stars, just like how the stars miraclelously gave them a chance to meet. They learnt that they both share the same type of life, they both had drunk fathers who beat their mothers up. like dogs. They learnt that they were both dirt poor, and led a hopeless lifestyle that has no way out. But of course, they had the stars, they were both blessed by the stars, the stars gave them hope, they both counted on the stars and counted on each other to live.  Ever since that day, they were inseperable, just like constellations that won't be be constellations unless they appear on the sky as a whole.

            Like I said, they were inseperable, until that day. They were no stars that night all that can be seen were just clouds that made the sky pitch black. Jackson felt something wasn't right, and rushed to Mark's house tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter