I'll Rewrite It Once Again

Beast in Fiction

Another horribly horrible day at school and man, am I as lazy as a sloth. I plumped down to my seat as girls bombarded me. This happens every freakin' day but I still can't get used to it. I mean, I can't help it if the way I act attracts them but they're already so damn irritating. 

"Get out. All of you." I groaned but they just squealed louder and took pictures of my tough, sleepy face. Ah, nevermind them. I'll just try to not mind the ruckus... Like I could do that. 

Suddenly, a very shy girl approached me as the girls surrounding her began to gossip. "Uhm..." She found it hard to speak but I secretly hid my grin for she was the only girl that I would allow to step foot near me... Hara. 

"Please... accept this." She gently said with her soft, high-pitched voice with her hand extending a basket to me. 

"I accept." I said toughly as if I didn't care at all and pointed towards my bag. "Just put it there." Deep down inside, I was happy to have received such. I wanted to thank her warmly but I just couldn't. Maybe I've been so used to being bad that I can't express my feelings to her properly. Sigh, I don't know what to do. 

"Thank you!" She then instantly left and plopped back to her seat. Cute, just like always. 

---

Dismissal came and all I could think of was that basket and its contents. I didn't dare to open it until I was left all alone so here I sit by the abandoned park not far away from school. Let's see what's inside...

"Bread, candy, cookies..." I mumbled to myself as I scavenged the basket. Wow, she must be trying to make me fat by all the food that's inside here. At the very bottom, I saw a folded piece of white paper that was slightly wet. Must be the oil. Anyway, I opened it and read her letter.

"Dear Junhyung:

I am well-aware that you probably don't know me or don't care but thank you once again for accepting this basket, it means a lot to me. This may be so sudden but I... Like you... a lot. True, there are many other girls that you could choose from but I'm sick of hiding and I'm sick of just glancing. I don't care about their endless gossiping or what they'll do to me if ever you choose to make fun of me. All I want to know is an answer and whatever it may be, I will keep my head held high and accept whatever will happen to me. I just want to prove to myself that I can step out and confess my feelings.... 

Hope to love, Hara."

My hands began to shake as I held the letter that I have finished reading. I couldn't believe it... Did she just confess to me? 

"So..." I heard Hara's voice from behind. She crept out of the tree, clinging onto it as a source of comfort. "Will you answer me?" 

"So you wanna know my answer?" I instantly turned to my usual self and walked towards her and held the basket tightly. 

She nodded. "I will accept it no matter what." 

I let out an evil smirk and lifted the basket up. "This... Think of this basket as your chances of being with me." Mercilessly, I   threw the basket to the pond. The food inside it floated as tears flowed down her face. 

"Consider this as a lesson, stupid girl." I turned back and walked away, leaving her to cry alone.

I sat in front of a convenience store with much sadness. Tell me again why I did that? Tell me why I acted that way? This girl... Why does she make me act like this? I don't know and I screwed it up big time. I wish I could rewrite this all. "Damn it!" I hissed with my hand covering half of my face. The letter... It's still with me. Staring at it just makes me regret what I had done. "Hara... Why?" I looked closer and felt the spots that were slightly wet. This isn't oil, it's... Tears. 

The rain began to fall and I wonder what Hara must be doing right now. Probably still crying her heart out. Junhyung, you've messed things up. I watched a couple of my female classmates pass by and I heard them talking about what is probably useless crap to suffice their lack of self-esteem.

"Hey, did you know that Hara was looking for something by the pond? How gross is that?!" One of them said.

"Yeah, gross! That's why Junhyung would never date her." Another added. I immediately got up and looked at the group of girls straight in the eye. "That's where you're wrong."

"J-Junhyung!" They all gasped. 

"Listen to me carefully, I'd always be happy to date her. I'll never date drama queens like you." I said and went away. 

I ran as fast as I could back to the park and right then and there, I saw Hara still looking for something in the pond. She was already soaked and had nothing to cover her up whatsoever. Watching her made me pity her a lot.

"Hey..." I slowly walked up to her. She found it hard to look at me and just replied, "Hey..." 

"What are you looking for?" 

"That meaningless letter." 

"You're lying." 

"No, I'm not." She denied as she gritted her teeth. I then got the letter from my pocket. "Who would cry while writing a letter and call it meaningless?" 

"Give it back!" She yelled and tried to reach the letter but slipped instead. I kneeled and extended my hand toward her. "... I know that I can't express myself well but I, too, have always had feelings for you." 

She grabbed my hand and I pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say those things to you, okay?" 

"Junghyung... I, I," 

"I love you, too." I finished her sentence and ripped a portion of the letter. "There, now it just says, 'love, Hara'."