Cliche Artist AU

TaeKey AU's

this is one I would very much love to write one day, when I have more patience for editing or something

cliche artist taekey fic

the kind where Kibums day starts when he wakes at 3 in the afternoon, eats cheap cereal, and downs half a bottle - if not more - of whiskey during the course of the hours where he paints, and crashes at 9am, sometimes earlier sometimes later.

and i want maybe pianist taemin, young and talented, intelligent and respected, he’s going places in life.

and they find each other at a joint gallery of kibum’s and a photographer friends jjong

and its existential, and deep and theres lots of hard, rough , and kibum kind of corrupts taemin, without really realizing it or understanding what he’s doing to him, and taemin is young and stupid in love and wants to help kibum, but its destructive and neither realize the damage they’re doing to each other, not until its too late, at least for taemin (kibum never thinking he can fall farther than he already has) and its only when taemins career and the life he’d set out, everything he’d done to reach the places he wanted to go, is ruined/put in jeopardy that taemin realizes what he’s doing to himself, and letting kibum do to him, and even if they think their ed up relationship is true love, taemin can’t risk it with how his life is slipping through his fingers for this one man. so he leaves. he picks up the pieces of his own life and leaves, remakes himself.

and kibum does the same, because its only after experiencing taemin and everything he had to offer, that he realizes he’s lost the best thing in his life, and he has to clean up his act. he gets a job, first its jsut casual, whatever he can get and organizes himself, sets priorities. makes something of himself with a side job to help sustain when he cant sell enough paintings.

and years later, when taemin is an acclaimed pianist, either solo or in a grand orchestra; and kibum is steady, in a new place, working a part-time job that does well enough to sustain him (and his newfound despair in losing the love of his life reflects in his paintings, which gives much better reception and some newfound recognition), they meet again. this time kibums not an alcoholic, he’s sober and hasnt touched a drink in two years, 

and taemin doesnt know if he should walk away, ignore him, or cry and kiss him.

and it’d be a ‘i want to make the readers cry’ ending idk.

 

i'd write it but i cant write existential, deep or hard rough so idk. maybe one day