Chapter 2: The First Meeting

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chapter 2

 

 

October 12, 2015 - 11:38 p.m. (Present)

 

“Hyung... That’s enough. You can’t drive anymore. You’re so drunk already!” Jonghyun nagged, looking at his best friend, burnout and loses himself in alcohol again.

 

“Jonghyun-ah... Just one last... This glass will make me forget what she did to me.” Yonghwa said, drunk and wasted. Then he smirked bitterly, "Jonghyun-ah...why can't I just die, huh?"

 

Jonghyun suddenly grabbed Yonghwa’s wrist before he can even drink the liquor. “No Yonghwa Hyung. I won’t let you... Please, stop it. If you really want to forget her, it has always been your choice to move on. Please Hyung, stop this."

 

Then even before Yonghwa could argue again, he lost his energy and dropped the glass, surrendering from Jonghyun’s grip. He then dropped his face on the bar counter.

 

It has already been three months since his break up with his fiancee, Shinhye. She was his college sweetheart and he always thought that they would end up together. But, there he is, not caring about his life anymore.

 

“Hello?” Jonghyun talked loudly on the phone, trying to talk despite the noise inside the bar, "Jungshin-ah, I need help. Come here, same place." 

 

Within just a minute, Jungshin and Minhyuk, arrived at the bar. 

 

“Aish! Again?!” Jungshin whined when Jonghyun pouted his lips, pointing on Yonghwa whose head rested on the counter and who looks lifeless, drunk and messed up.

 

“Palli! Stop complaining and just help us.” Minhyuk said as he immediately grabbed Yonghwa and tried to carry him out of the bar. 

 

Jonghyun paid the bill, as the two other dongsaengs already walked out of the bar. 

 

“Why did you go to the bar when you don’t even have a car?” Jungshin turned to Jonghyun and complained again as he gets the car keys in Minhyuk's pocket.

 

“We used Yonghwa Hyung’s car to get here. And you know for sure that he doesn’t let anyone of us drive his most beloved car. So I can't drive." Jonghyun defended.

 

“Tsk! Can you just hurry up Jungshin? People are already staring at me.” Minhyuk interrupted. 

 

“That’s your fault.” Jungshin commented. “Who even told you to get inside the bar wearing your all-white uniform!” 

 

“I just came from work, that’s why! And remember that I just picked you up from the airport, Captain Lee Jungshin, that’s why you're with me. Or else, how can you help Jonghyun Hyung carry Yonghwa Hyung when you also didn't bring your car, huh?" Minhyuk said.

 

Jungshin just shrugged it off and ignored Minhyuk as he opens the backseat, while the other two pushed the drunk Jung Yonghwa inside.

 

“I’m driving.” Jonghyun offered. He’s the fastest driver among the four of them. Jungshin sat beside Jonghyun on the passenger seat, while the doctor, Minhyuk, sat beside Yonghwa at the back seat.

 

Jungshin sighed. “When will this end? It’s three months already. When will he be able to forget Shinye?!” 

 

No one answered. Because despite the whining, they still understand what Yonghwa is going through and still sympathize with his broken heart.

 

When Yonghwa went to the States, he was lonely and felt that he was exiled there purposely. But everything changes when he met Shinye there. They have been together for years that's why their separation was hard to accept.

 

“I really don’t know. As much as I wanted Yonghwa Hyung to be happy, I still wouldn’t want him to end up with Shinhye. They just don't complement each other, you know. They're both too tough. They'll end up hurting each other." Jonghyun commented when the traffic light turns red.

 

“Me too.” Minhyuk second the motion and looked at the drunk man who is sitting beside him at the back. “Shinhye is okay, but she’s too...I don't know. I just can't imagine her being Yonghwa Hyung's wife." 

 

“She never seemed happy with Yonghwa Hyung.” Jungshin added. “Look, she just dumped him for another guy.” 

 

“And good thing we were able to stop him from searching who the guy is. If not, Yonghwa Hyung is rotten in jail now for killing that guy." Jonghyun said.

 

And they heard a barf sound. “YONGHWA HYUNG!!!” Minhyuk suddenly shouted at the back that made Jonghyun stepped at the car break.

 

When the two turned around, they saw Minhyuk’s end-of-the-world-face, and the drunk man is lifelessly lying his head on Minhyuk's shoulder.

 

“Argh! Why do you have to drink too much, Hyung?!” Minhyuk whined as Jungshin handed him a box of tissue to wipe away the mess Yonghwa did on his scrub suit after throwing up.

 

“Aish... Stop being so clean Dr. Kang Minhyuk. You’re too harsh on Yonghwa Hyung.” Jonghyun said while he continues to drive.

 

“I have to be clean for heaven’s sake! I’m a doctor!” Minhyuk answered angrily. 

 

When they arrived at their apartment, the three immediately laid Yonghwa on his bed. Jungshin prepared a cup of tea for him. Minhyuk immediately took a shower from the stink on his scrub suit and Jonghyun went back to studying the lastes blueprint for his project.

 

“ Engineer Lee Jonghyun, still working tonight?” Jungshin asked when he saw Jonghyun examining the blueprint.

 

Jonghyun nodded. “Yes. I wasn’t able to finish this when Yonghwa Hyung forced me to drink at the bar with him a while ago. I have to present this on Monday."

 

Jungshin just shook his head while listening to Jonghyun. He tried to wake Yonghwa up and make him drink the tea before he whines from headache the following day.

 

“Hyung...” Jungshin said, “Drink this first. Come on. Get up.” He pulled Yonghwa up and struggled to help his Hyung drink the tea. "Aish, really! You're Jung Yonghwa! The most eligible bachelor in the country. The heir of Jung Group of Companies. And now, you're just wasting your life..." Jungshin sighed.

 

“Right...” drunk Yonghwa started to mumble as he lies on his bed, Jonghyun and Jungshin are just staring at him. “I’m Jung Yonghwa..." He continued to mutter, "So why did she do that to me? Huh? I am every girl's dream! So why did Shinhye leave me?"

 

His two friends just looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders, being used to 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter