Oddness

The Maze Runner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nana's POV

 

A month had passed.

 

A month since I first show up in the Glade, and it was time for a new greenie to show up.

 

A month had passed, yet still Jungwoo wouldn't open up to me. He only gave me a cold stare, whereas he'd atleast showed his small skile or even a grin and sometimes teasing smirk to the other Gladers.

 

I tried talking and telling Kwanghaeng but he only laughed this up and said that 'he'd come around soon'. Isn't a month enough? Even Gally had became one of my closest friend.

 

A weird man he is.

 

He'd try to tick me off, Jungwoo that prick... he'd stop laughing the moment I step on the scene and won't help me when I'm in trouble nor hardships. And he said that the Korean colony is one...

 

Piece of sht he is.

 

"WHOA!! WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! ARE YOU TRYIN'A KILL MY LETTUCE!? MY LETTUCE GOT NO BEEF WITH YOU!!" I snapped out of my train of thoughts the minute Frypan screamed.

 

I looked down on my working station and saw a perfectly (ruined) chopped lettuce.

 

Frypan sighed and pat my shoulder, "take a rest greenie, don't stress yourself" 

 

I heaved a loud sigh and took my apron off. I angrily sit just outside of the kitchen.

 

I mumbled and grumble while kicking stones that were on the ground. Kwanghaeng saw me and chuckled, "what's wrong little kitty?"

 

I grinned at his nickname for me. "That poop head has been bothering my head" he crouch down next to me and tuck my fringe to my ear.

 

"Well, that poop head's gonna get his head pooped once I'm finish chewing him up for making this little kitten all confused and angry~" he teased while poking my forehead.

 

I flicked his hand playfully while mehrong-ed at him.

 

Auddenly the elevator's alarm rang loudly indicating that the new package is coming.

 

"Alright pansies, go on and wait by the box" Frypan yelled from the kitchen. Both me and Kwanghaeng went to the elevator and wait.

 

We both leaned on the elevator's door-trying to see the elevator. "Hope another girl pop!" I mumbled which Kwanghaeng heard since ue was standing next to me.

 

He chuckled and playfully poke my head, "yeah, and we'll get twice the burden we already have~" he teased. I scowled at him then I stepped on his foot.

 

Suddenly someone clung on my back, "hope they send us some pretty neat canned foods!" Sungmin exclaimed.

 

Both me and Kwanghaeng looked at him weirdly, "dude, you have nothing but food in that thick skull of yours" Kwanghaeng said.

 

Sungmin only gave a mocking grin and a shrug of his shoulders. 

 

Soon, everyone came and round up around the box. The elevator's alarm beeped loudly and soon it became visible. Gally and Ben opened the door and Newt jump in.

 

After a couple of minutes we heard his crazy laugh. We were confused, I looked at Gally who realized my stare, I mouthed at him, 'what's wrong with him?' 'Dunno, go check it out'

 

I jumped in and saw that Newt was leaning on the sides of the elevator, still laughing his maniac-like laugh.

 

"Newt? What is it?" I softly asked. He was still laughing so I decided to walk to him. But as I walk to him, I stumbled over something. Or someone.

 

I looked down and saw 2-

 

No, 3-

 

Wait...

 

 

 

3 pairs of legs?

 

Slowly, I dragged those legs to the sun light that lighten up a third of the elevator and saw 3 boys.

 

By then, Newt had stopped laughing and was glaring at the bodies next to me, "filthy klunks tryin'a play with us eh?" He mumbled lowly. He suddenly leaped out and I hear him said something to Gally, I could only catch the 'take care of them'.

 

I crouched down and push away the hair of 1 guy. As I was tracing his features, he suddenly opened his eyes and leaped forward-lunging at me and slammed me to the wire-wall of the elevator.

 

"BE PREAPARED!! THEY'RE NOT PLEASED!! THEY'RE FURIOUS!! THERE'S NO TIME!! YOU GOTTA- you gotta... y-you... Nana... you..." then, he collapsed on me.

 

Gally jumped inside the elevator in an instant, "what happened!? Did  he hurt you!?"he asked, panic was written all over his face as he heaved his breath in a hurry.

 

I nod frantically and he helped me up. I quickly clung onto him as I still feel the cold arms that were gripping hard on my forearms, hot breath on my face, and those insanely maniac glare he gave while yelling at me.

 

Gally helped me out as Inoh came to my view and quickly enveloped me in his embrace. He craddled me while repeating 'it's okay.. he won't hurt you, not while I'm around' in my ear.

 

I saw Gally was being helped by Ben, Chuck,  and Winston moving the bodies to the med-jacks.

 

At the corner of my eye, I saw Frypan saying something to Kwanghaeng, but he was pointing at me. I burried my face on Inoh's face with him still resting his back on the the box's's side walls.

 

I was still hyperventilating and soon I got dizzy. I heard some mumbling and I know that it was Kwanghaeng and Inoh.

 

Soon, I felt that I was carried bridal-style towards the homestead where the medjacks were and I was brought to the patient'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter