Different Greenie

The Maze Runner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nana's POV

 

Breath.

 

I didn't remember breathing the moment I opened my eyes.

 

I felt like I was suffocating. Perhaps I was...

 

But soon I felt the air hitting my face as I cough all the water out of my lungs and replaced them with pure oxygen.

 

All I see is darkness. And I tried to reach out to anything and the more I reach and touch, it became clear that whoever did this put me in a cage.

 

I held onto what seems like a box and I try to stood up. I held onto the wires of the cage and started banging the cage while yelling for help.

 

After the 6th attempt, a screeching and growling sound was heard which shocked me and resulting me getting tripped over a can and fall with my head banging the box hard.

 

Before I out completely, I could hear the alarm ran loudly, like as if it was signaling something to someone.

 

Newt's POV

 

We heard the alarm and quickly ran to the elevator-waiting for the box to come out.

 

After a minute or two, the box appeared to the surface. Minho and Gally opened the cage's door and I hopped in. I crouched down and saw a body. Must be the greenie.

 

At first I thought that this greenie hasn't gain conscious. But I started seeing something weird about this greenie. "Oy greenie, wake up" I said as I flip the greenie's body over.

 

Long hair.

 

This greenie has a long hair.

 

My suspicion grew and I pulled the body up. And what I see shocked me.

 

"Oy Newt, what's going on?" I could hear Gally asked. I slowly stood up and look at everyone, "it's..." "it's what?"

 

".....I....it's a girl...."

 

Loud murmurs can be heard from everyone. The sound became too much, "SHUT UP!!! ALL OF YOU!!!" I yelled. Soon, there were no sounds but the chirping birds and soft breaths from the girl.

 

"Okay, Minho, help me pull this girl out. Gally, you're in charge of taking out the supplies. Frypan, store the supplies. The rest of you help them and those who don't want to help go back to work" I ordered.

 

In a matter of seconds, everyone started doing their own job.

 

Me and Minho put the girl on my hammock.

 

"So, what should we do with her?" Minho asked.

 

I sighed and look at the girl, "we keep her... the creators put her here for a reason". We both are silence for a second, just looking at the girl and thinking.

 

"What would Alby do in this situation?" Minho asked. Alby was our late leader, he passed away on a griever attack a few months ago.

 

I ignored his question and walked out. Before I step out, I turn to Minho, "watch over her. If she woke up, call me."

 

Then I walked out from the homestead.

 

No reason why, but my legs seem to take me to the wall next to the entrance of the maze and I saw the names.

 

And Alby's that were scratched.

 

"NEWT!!!!" I heard someone yelled. I look around and saw Minho, "THE GATE!!! THE MAZE GATE!!! SHE'S GOING THERE!!!" He yelled while running.

 

I looked at the gate and saw that the girl is close to entering the maze.

 

I ran as quick as I could and I tackled her down to the ground. Iheld her still with my arms around her waist.

 

"LET ME GO!!!" she screamed. I turned her body around so her face was facing me. I burried her face on my chest while patting her back and rocking my body.

 

I felt her shoulders shudder and her tears on my chest.

 

I slowly her back, "shh... don't worry... it's okay... you're safe with us... we won't hurt you..."

 

Her sobs won't slow down. I continue patting her back and her head gently.

 

Soon, Gally, Thomas, and Minho came running towards us, "the shuck is going on!?" Gally exclaimed.

 

"Don't know man, it just happene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter