Memories

Whispering Love


Sora waved goodbye to Minae and Chanyeol, carefully avoiding Chanyeol's gaze. She trudged slowly to the lift and pressed the down button.

The lift came and she went in. She watched the lift door close slowly, blocking her from the view outside. It was then that she leant back against the back of the lift, letting out a huge breath. She closed her eyes, relaxing her tensed muscles. She dropped her front and massaged her forehead. Memories came rushing back. How could she ever forget him?

It was autumn.

  She was at the park. Leaves were floating all around her in magnificent colours of red, brown and yellow. Sora watched as the last leaf of a tree fell, her feet crumpling the leaves as she walked. She adjusted her scarf before continuing forward, the wind whipping her cheek. Despite the cold, the park was beautiful. Children running around, couples holding hands, families chatting, sitting on the grass — it really was beautiful.

Just then, someone crashed into her. Someone really big. Sora fell back with a crash, landing on her bottom. She winced, trying to get up. A face appeared instantly beside her, causing Sora to fall back again due to shock.

"Oh no! Are you okay? I'm so sorry! I'm really sorry. Do you need to go to the hospital? Can you stand up?" He asked, staring at Sora, his eyes bright with worry. She looked up, a boy with unbelievably long limbs was kneeling beside her, his ears red from the cold and sticking out of his hair.

Sora nodded and attempted to stand up once more. This time, the boy held onto her arm, with his other arm on Sora's waist, supporting her. Sora smiled her thanks and patted her pants, sweeping the leaves away.

The boy's initially relieved face became a frown once more. "Your pants..." He said uncertainly, gesturing towards it. Tilting her head to one side, Sora turned her head. She could see a brown smudge right in the middle of her white pair of pants. Ah, she realised, she must have fallen into a puddle of mud. Embarrassed, Sora ducked her head and attempted to cover the stain with her hands.

Unexpectedly, the boy took off his jacket. "Here, tie it around your waist. Now no one will notice the stain." He said, passing his jacket to her. Sora took it hesitantly.

"Aren't you cold?" Sora asked. The boy was only left with a long sleeved shirt.

He shrugged. "It's alright. I'm not cold." He did not even flinch when the harsh wind blew by once more, sending more leaves towards us.

"Hey, aren't you coming back?" A guy shouted from the front.

The boy whipped his head back and shouted, "Okay, I'm coming!"

He shot one last apologetic look at Sora before jogging towards his friend.

"Wait!" Sora blurted out, holding her hand out. The boy halted in his tracks and turned around, looking at her inquiringly.

"What's... What's your name?" She asked shyly. The boy flashed her a grin.

"Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol." He replied and waved before turning back towards his friend again. Sora stared at his back, the jacket.

That boy was her first love.