First Night

Night Drive

 

Tiffany adjusted her seatbelt as she moved to lean on her side for a better view of her love. An upward tug on her lips came naturally at that cute sight. Her love was driving with one hand on the wheel, holding her hand with another, being all focused right ahead as if she was trying to look cool but there’s no running away from her childlike feature. In Tiffany’s eyes, her love just looked cute in everything she does.

 

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Taeyeon asked, giving Tiffany a quick glance.

 

“Nothing,” Tiffany grinned, playing with Taeyeon’s hand on her lap.

 

“Okay…” Taeyeon raised her brows but didn’t pry further. She was more than happy to enjoy the silent ride with Tiffany.

 

Nights like this are precious to them. Being able to enjoy some quiet time together, just the two of them without the scrutiny of the ever judging world, don’t come easy. More than often, planning ahead is necessary for a night like this to go smoothly without hiccups, especially when their relationship is not accepted by the general public, much less what they do together. What would their family and friends say if they were ever caught?

 

However, there were also times when Taeyeon would just bring her along for impromptu drives like tonight. While her controlling nature sometimes makes her uncomfortable, Tiffany is more than happy to spend time with Taeyeon.

 

This is the life. Tiffany sighed in content.

 

“What?” Taeyeon pulled up when they reached their destination. They were at their secret place at the side of a cliff with a beautiful night view of the city. It’s only when they were away from civilization that they can be themselves without worries.

 

Tiffany shook her head again and slipped her hand into Taeyeon’s, smiling at how their hands were a perfect fit. Their eyes met as Tiffany looked up when Taeyeon squeezed her hand.

 

“You are not jealous about that girl at the bar, are you?” Taeyeon joked.

 

Tiffany frowned when Taeyeon mentioned the girl.

 

“Why are you talking about that girl when we are out here together?” Tiffany pouted and slapped Taeyeon’s hand away.

 

“Awww, my baby is jealous!” Taeyeon teased while trying to pull Tiffany towards herself.  “I wouldn’t cheat behind your back. Never ever! Pinky swear!”

 

“Then what were you doing chatting up that girl?” Tiffany rebutted. “And no, I am not jealous!”

 

She released her seatbelt and stepped out of the car, slamming the door hard behind her.

 

Taeyeon chuckled at the childish display of affection and quickly followed suit. She went to the trunk and smiled widely at the surprise she had prepared for Tiffany. However, before the main event of the evening, Taeyeon thought she should ease Tiffany’s tension a little. She took out the bottle of champagne and two champagne glasses before heading towards the moping girl standing near the edge of the cliff.

 

“Come on, don’t be upset at a nobody.” Taeyeon smirked as she held up the bottle and glasses in her hands. “Champagne?”

 

When Tiffany saw Taeyeon had come prepared, she suddenly realized she had been played.

 

“Yah! You were doing all that on purpose!”

 

“Of course! So you will love me more later!” Taeyeon boasted in pride.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes as she took over the glasses while Taeyeon unscrewed the bottle of champagne.

 

“So where’s the rest of my surprise?” Tiffany asked excitedly as Taeyeon poured her a glass of champagne.

 

“Someone’s being impatient here!” Taeyeon teased but led Tiffany to the trunk of her car anyway.

 

“Surprise!” Taeyeon exclaimed for the added effect as she opened the trunk.

 

Tiffany could only smile widely at her gift, all tied up nicely and prepared just for her. Only Taeyeon knew her preferences and quirks, especially the part about her jealousy over Taeyeon.

 

“No wonder you were chatting up the girl.” Tiffany remarked calmly although she was jumping in joy inside.

 

“Hey, can’t you show more appreciation for everything I do for you?” Taeyeon whined, feeling a little upset at the lack of response.

 

“Thank you TaeTae!” Tiffany smiled as she grabbed Taeyeon and gave her kiss on the cheek.

 

“That’s much better!” Taeyeon said as she went to the back seat to grab something.

 

“Time to unwrap your present!” Taeyeon returned with a knife and mock bowed. “Would you do the honour?”

 

“My pleasure!” Tiffany laughed and took over the knife.

 

Tiffany leaning closer to her gift, all tied up and gagged for added measure, staring at Tiffany with fear.

 

“Now to teach you a lesson about being touchy with someone else’s girlfriend,” Tiffany said with a lopsided grin. “Not that you can ever do that again.”

 

-