That Thieving Lizard

Staying with BIGBANG

We both chuckled slightly, what were the odds? 

 

"Let's go check out that booth, there seems to be a lot of people over there," I offered. "Or we could go over there, there's more elbow room."  

 

"Elbow room sounds great," she offered. I smiled at her as we made our way towards the less crowded area. Turns out that Seungri was an attention hog that just couldn't get enough of it. He was showing off in front of the VIPs again. We rolled our eyes and continued our trek through bodies trying to make it through unscathed.  

 

Finally, it seemed like it took forever, we made it to the booths with food and lined up and opted to meet up at a table after getting our food.  

As we got to a cleared cocktail table, we searched the crowd again looking for our friends.  "Oh, she's right there! I'll be right back," I said as I spotted Mei. Meghan nodded and continued to eat as she checked her social media apps in the meantime.  

 

I tried my best to take a direct route towards Mei-chan, I kept getting stopped in between though.  "Mei!" I called when a was a few feet away, I watched as her eyes landed on me as she brightened instantly.  

 

"Unee-chan!" she called back. People were glancing between us, probably wondering why we were acting so familiar.  

 

"Mei-chan, I made a friend, can you believe it? Come on, let me introduce you to her!" I grabbed onto her wrist and pulled her towards the cocktail table I had left Meghan at. The recognition that sparked in her eyes told me that she had been right, our Mei's had been the same person all along! I was thrilled honestly, and it made me feel so lucky.  

 

As we reached the table, I noticed that a man had bumped into Meghan, spilling his boba on her shoulderhe looked quite familiar actually. Mei seemed to take notice of this as well and gestured for me to slow down.  

 

"Why are you walking so slow?" a silky voice taunted me.  

 

I whipped my head to the left to find a snickering Jiyong smiling at me. He stood with a hand in his pocket, biting his lip looking like he was hiding something. He was guilty of something. "Why do you care?" Mei stepped in, sizing him up as she stood to her full height.  

 

My eyes darted between them as a glaring contest ensued. "Guys? Can this wait a sec? Han-unnie is meeting her oppa!" This seemed to do nothing, so once I saw that Kim Jong-kook had loafed off with a satisfied smirk gracing his lips, I pulled both Mei and Jiyong over the table so I could eat. Meghan seemed to take notice of the sudden tension that enveloped the two, she practically had to force Mei to turn her face to get a proper greeting out of her.  

 

"Sorry, it was either this, or leave them out there to get swallowed by the VIPs," I mumbled a little as I took another bite of food and turned an apologetic smile in her direction.  

 

Jiyong somehow awoke from his state of competitiveness and turned to me opening his mouth, waiting. As I continued to eat, ignoring him, I turned to Meghan and Mei and joined in on their conversation as I picked up a piece of meat with my chopsticks.  As I was going to put another piece of meat in my mouth, Jiyong swooped in and stole the bite right before me, snickering and throwing a lopsided smile my way. Mei-chan shot him a glare as he smiled towards them  

 

I grumbled to myself, "Thieving lizard." As I quickly ate another piece of meat and my phone rang loudly.  

 

Jiyong's expression turned dark as he took my phone off the table. " Who's calling you?" He mostly asked himself. He answered before I could stop him. "Hello? Who is this?"  Faintly I heard TOP curse on the other side of the line. "Hyung? Why are you calling her? You should be preparing for the show!" Jiyong scolded.  The call ended and Jiyong shot me a hot glare. "I have to go," He said calmly. He bowed towards me and then the girls and he was off melding into the crowd.