The Book

Thirsty Thursdays #2: Confessions Of A Window Washer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sidenote - An actual tour of The Thirsty Games building would be awesome, but we just can't have nice things sometimes. So, here are some of TTG roles that will appear in the story: professional photographer, handsome doormen, interns, security guards, head salesperson, models, certain representatives, and a determined intruder. Happy reading!

 

 

The grime coating the usually spick and span translucent window was instantly evaporated under the gentle yet probing scrub of Lee Kiseop's steaming and stained towel. Even if most people usually got frustrated from the endless washing of the never ending amount of bird that dive bombed The Thirsty Games' twentieth floor windows, Kiseop loved the simple yet rewarding task.

 

Why, you may ask?

 

Normal individuals would practically faint from such death defying heights, but Kiseop thrived on the adrenaline rushing into his veins from such stimulating experiences. The addition of eradicating his microbial enemies from this world wasn't a bad idea either. But, perhaps, the best part of being a janitor was its own cloak of invisibility. Nobody other than him dared to do what he did , thus affording him the wondrous view of the entire TTG company in all of its glory to himself.

 

He considered himself the all seeing eye from his aerial realm, which was really a metal apparatus levered by pulleys on each corner. Nonetheless, one of his favorite past times was about to happen right before his very eyes.

 

 

Kiseop hastily deposited his now dirty rag into the navy blue plastic bucket lying near his foot on the precarious ten by twelve metal contraption and slipped out a sleek black notebook in its place.

 

 

He paused, momentarily committing to memory again the red intricate stitching of TTG on its front leathery cover. The design was simple yet it was the details that spoke elaborate to him, and Kiseop loved it. The notebook was slightly larger than the average human hand, but its size couldn't stop him from spilling all the deep and dirty secrets of The Thirsty Games into it.

 

Popping the cap from the complimentary TTG pen off with the corner of his mouth, Kiseop flipped the book open and passed pages of college ruled lines filled with his meticulous handwriting before he finally found the thin rivulet of the red ribbon marking his next available space.

 

 

Date: November 2nd, 2014

 

He didn't know why, but he always felt compelled to start each journal entry with the exact date.

 

Kiseop leaned closer to the edge, completely aware that this offset the balance of the suspended platform, but the sun's warm rays caused a glare to reflect from the glass, making it harder to peer at what was going on the twentieth floor.

 

He squinted his eyes further and brushed a stray lock of his auburn bangs away for a clearer view only to be mildly shocked to see Moon Jongup in the room. The poor guy was shifting his eyes from left to right constantly and continually rubbed his hands out of worry. His shoulders were slightly hunched inward, and Kiseop empathized with him but took notes of his appearance anyway.

 

According to rumors, Jongup was a religious priest who loved preaching his sermons to the quaint little neighborhood that wasn't far out of Gangnam. He was a prime example that prison really could change people since he volunteered for the senior citizens and the disabled in his spare time. The man had practically converted into a saint after parole and was clearly on the holy path towards enlightenment.

 

What is he doing at such a place like this? Kiseop wondered.

 

Unfortunately, he couldn't hear anything that had transpired between Jongup and the CEO from the other side of the thick glass. Sandy sajangnim had entered the room shortly afterwards and appeared to be comforting the nervous man by patting his arm and directing him to a hidden screen farther back. Jongup nodded and gulped several times before disappearing behind the thin bamboo screen.

 

"He must be changing into something then." Kiseop said to himself while writing down more details.

 

Han sajangnim, who was already present on the other side of the room, had finished speaking with what looked like professional photographer Kim Myungsoo and his crew, all dressed in black. She strutted her way over to Sandy, who was gnawing on her lower lip while anxiously observing the closed door she had just entered.

 

Some conversation ensued, and Sandy was visibly comforted this time. Han gestured towards something or someone, and Kiseop's view was suddenly blocked by maroon velvet curtains.

 

"Drats!"

 

The windows of the entire floor was covered by the cursed fabric, shielding his curiosity from the mysterious circumstances regarding Moon Jongup. Resigned at no exciting event today, Kiseop pocketed his notebook and pen and began reaching for the bespeckled rag until a small movement out of his periphery caught his attention.

 

Kiseop carefully walked over to the other side of the scaffold and almost squealed in glee at the small opening left by an unaware attendee. He whipped out his trusty pen and notebook as fast as lightning and pressed his face closer, intending to record everything. Seriously, cleaning windows did have its limitations.

 

"OH MY GOD!"

 

 

"Welcome to The Thirsty Games where we only aim to please. Would you-"

 

"Here is a 10% off coupon for our t-shirt bras. Absolutely feels like you're wearing nothing underneath." Kai interrupted Sehun and beamed another disarming smile at the two teenage girls who giggled while accepting his fresh-from-the-crotch-pocket coupons.

 

"Have a nice day, ladies!" Kai ignored Sehun's glare and forcefully used his boa feathered staff to lift Sehun's out of the way, baring the entrance open to the world of personally designed lingerie. The blushing pair quickly scurried through and casted a backward glance at the two handsome men guarding the portals to The Thirsty Games. Kai winked at them, causing them to shriek and run off.

 

Sehun massaged his right ear and threw an irritated frown at his co-worker. "Must you always in when it's my turn, hyung?"

 

Kai shrugged his shoulders in response and dusted the pink fluff that had escaped from the top of his staff off of his skin tight silver jeans.

 

"Look, hyung. I know that you got this job first and all. No disrespect or anything, but can you please-"

 

A streaking black object whizzed passed their faces, landing with a thunderous smack on the pavement between their shoes.

 

"Hey! What's this!" Kai stooped over and scooped the item into his glistening hands.

 

Sehun exhaled an exasperated sigh. "I was talking, hyung. Can't you listen for-"

 

"We'll talk about that later! Look at this!" Kai waved the article in front of the younger employ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter