Four

Falling with the Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D R I Z Z L E

 

 

 

Donghae was the first person to dash out of the class room that day, not waiting for his friends near the locker like they normally did before their break. Everything he did until now was in a rush, wanting nothing but to be done with morning classes as fast as he could so he could go and check on Eunhyuk.

Siwon and Kyuhyun had endlessly about how he had helped the lilac haired yesterday, asking endless questions about who was the boy and since when they were friends. He tried his best to ignore them, and had to shut his phone so it’ll stop vibrating in his pocket since the duo decided that since he isn’t replying them they should text message him. It seemed that they wanted to top themselves at being idiots.

He tried to catch his breath as he took a small stop at the top of the stairs, and in front of the rooftop’s door, trying to fill his lungs with much needed air.

He pushed the door open and walked into the open area, the cold breeze caressing his face and sun lights tickling his eyes, he looked around to find Eunhyuk and when he did, a gasp of surprise passed his lips.

Eunhyuk was there, crouching in front on the previously empty pots mumbling things and petting a beautiful rose that was at least the size of his fist. Donghae’s eyes trailed from the boy to his surroundings. The whole row of empty pots now had lush green plants and as he stood there shocked, Eunhyuk would delicately hold a leaf between his pale fingers and pet it.

Donghae’s heart thudded. It wasn’t possible. He left him with empty planters less than five hours ago, and now the most beautiful plants were growing in those planters. Eunhyuk didn’t leave, and he couldn’t have bought any seeds, even if he did, they can’t grow this fast! What was going on?

‘E-Eunhyuk..’ he heard himself exclaiming. Said boy turned to glance at him, and when their eyes met, he hastily stood up, dusting his knees before straightening up, something caught Donghae’s eyes as he did. Something that totally normal but didn’t mean it didn’t take him by surprise.

Eunhyuk’s lips were curled upwards at the edges, revealing white straight row of teeth and as the smile grew, pink gums came to his view. He was struck in his place, the simple action making him unable to form any thoughts but that Eunhyuk was just heart stopping pretty.

‘You’re here.’ The boy said, successfully pulling him out of his thoughts.

‘Y-yeah, what’s with all of this?’ he asked, gesturing to his right were a small garden that could put his mother’s own into shame.

‘I got bored.’ The boy said, subtly shrugging his shoulders. Donghae blinked in surprise, but came closer to where the other was standing, peering down at the beautiful greenery. He felt how Eunhyuk came closer until he was standing right beside him. The brunette couldn’t really comprehend what could this mean.

He crouched in front of a small bush that had small white flowers, his finger tentatively touching the round leaves, not missing the sweet fragrance wafting from them. The lilac haired was then sitting next to him, and clearly watching him as he blankly stared at the plant.

Donghae then turned to stare at Eunhyuk, shock preventing him from asking all the questions bubbling in his head because the boy had cupped a bud between his palms for few seconds before removing his hands to reveal a gorgeous rose.

Few seconds later, Donghae found himself sitting on the ground, not able to form any words and to make it even worse the lilac turned to stare at him with his wide innocent eyes, as if asking him what’s wrong.

‘What?’ he asked.

What is what? His mind was so messed up right now. Nature lase or rules or whatever were just broken in front of his eyes. How could he even function right now when nothing made sense? Eunhyuk was peering down at him with worried, nervous eyes and Donghae suddenly remembered how the boy in front of him had leapt out of his window that time. He was already sure that the lilac haired wasn’t a normal person so he maybe he shouldn’t be this surprised. But what was he?

‘W-what else can you do?’ the brunette wanted to smack himself for sounding so pathetic. Eunhyuk though, didn’t seem to notice, choosing to rest his chin on his palm and look towards the sky in wonder.

‘I’m not sure,’ He muttered. That wasn’t helpful. ‘I used to watch from above, and learn the things you do.’

‘Like what?’ he asked, removing his eyes from the beautiful greenery to look at the naturally wide eyed Eunhyuk.

‘People leave in the morning, but go home when it’s evening. Some people walk, others ride the bus or car,’ he said, eyebrows scrunched, ‘I don’t like those.’ He adds shaking his head.

Donghae almost chuckles as the other wraps his arms around himself, ‘Why?’

‘Too loud, and scary.’ Donghae laughs, not minding if he looks like an idiot because the lavender haired boy had his lips curved in a small frown and his forehead creased in a down, which is plain adorable specially with the beanie.

‘You’re mean!’ the boy remarks, standing up and moving to the other side of the rooftop, Donghae follows him, chuckling to himself because even if isn’t that obvious, Eunhyuk is sulking. Which is still cute.

‘What else did you learn, Eunhyukie?’ he asks as the two of them lean against the metal rail, Donghae shoving his hands into his pockets to prevent his fingers from actually freezing. The other looks fine though, holding into the metal rail with his bare hands, it makes Donghae frown.

Eunhyuk hums before he speaks, ‘most people say what they don’t mean.’

Donghae blinks, a bit shocked for he wasn’t expecting this deep answer. His fingers curl in a fist inside his pockets. Eunhyuk looks a little down suddenly, and it makes his chest prickle. He also recalled the boy saying something similar to this yesterday, about him being like everyone else.

‘What happened?’ he whispers, finding it hard to prevent himself from wrapping the other in a hug, but he manages to. Eunhyuk only shrugs, his face not showing any emotion, once again.

‘They talk too much, they don’t understand.’ Eunhyuk said, making Donghae’s teeth sink into his lower lip. He waits for Eunhyuk to speak but he doesn’t. He waits a couple of minutes before he asks.

‘They don’t understand what?’

Eunhyuk turns to face him, the tip of his nose is red and Donghae bets he probably is sporting a similar one. The lilac haired head tilts slowly as his orbs focused into Donghae’s own, causing his heart to suddenly thud.

‘That I don’t know where home is, and I can’t answer when they ask where I live. I don’t know why I’m here and I don’t understand.’ He spoke unusually fast, and Donghae doesn’t see his expressions because he’s too absorbed in the insecure honey orbs.

He doesn’t understand either. Nothing about Eunhyuk makes sense, but he finds that he doesn’t care much because he is here right now. The skies are blue, the air is chilly, flowers are unnaturally blossoming in winter, and they are both there, and he likes it this way. It doesn’t have to make sense to his simple mind so he can understand, does it?

‘I don’t understand many things too, Eunhyukie,’ he says, his left hand moving to hold into the unsuspecting boy’s sleeve, ‘but maybe it’s better this way. It’s not complicated if I don’t questions everything and I’m not worried about things this way. I can enjoy whatever happens this way.’ To his surprise Eunhyuk holds into his hands, and smiles. His chest tingles with warmth.

 

-

 

He decides that he won’t ask Eunhyuk questions anymore, since it makes the boy’s lips curl downwards and which makes him feel bad, and so he opts to see what else the boy is capable of. It’s amazing to say at the least, how Eunhyuk makes plants grow and how he did the same thing to his mother’s frozen plants that were kept in the back of the house. He was just plain awesome. Donghae finds himself following his own advice from that day, and it’s true that it makes thing less complicated and lets him enjoy Eunhyuk’s abnormal behavior and strange existence.

He found it silly of him when he secretly checked if the boy had leaves growing on his calves, but he was still curious. The internet didn’t provide much information, but it did list names of nature gods. It was crazy, to think that Eunhyuk could be some sort of these holy beings but what else could you call someone who can make plants grow? So he was open to any titles and options, besides there is peach, plum, cherry, lotus blossoms gods so why not?

But as Donghae rubbed his eyes tiredly after reading the story of the Japanese blossoms princess, he wondered if he’s overdoing it, and if he should just let it be. He closed the lid of his notebook and turned around to see Eunhyuk fumbling with his phone on his bed.

Eunhyuk took a liking into his phone, and was interested in technology in general. Donghae found it cute, although a bit frustrating because Eunhyuk’s endless questions of why and how made him upset with his lack of knowledge about these devices.

Right now, he hoped Eunhyuk hadn’t managed to get his phone unresponsive.

‘Let’s take a picture!’ the other chirped from where he was seated, in the middle of his messy blanket. He chuckled and shuffled until he sat next to the excited lilac haired.

‘Okay, what do you want to capture?’ he asked, running his hand into the messy strands, because Eunhyuk seemed to enjoy lazing on his bed, and rolling in the blankets. Plain precious, he dares to remark.

‘Us!’ was the enthusiastic reply. His heart skipped a beat, his palms sweating a little, but he found it even hard to breathe when Eunhyuk was glued to his side, their cheeks almost smashed together while the boy had his front camera started. A minute later, they had a wide collection of the most brilliant blurred pictures and a scowling Eunhyuk. Donghae was holding his laughter by biting his lips. ‘Let me.’ He said, placing his hand over the cooler one of Eunhyuk’s and helping him steady his hand while clicking the button.

‘That’s exactly how I did it!’ Eunhyuk said, crossing his arms as Donghae went through the two pictures they took. They were nice, Eunhyuk looked great even with the mess he had on his head and he looked okay too.

‘Why did you want to do this though, Eunhyukie?’ Donghae asked, and after the month they spent living together, now knows that Eunhyuk wants to do whatever anyone else is doing. He finds it unnecessary but he doesn’t prevent him from trying. He once was nearly dragged to the supermarket by an excited Eunhyuk who wanted to try ice cream for the first time, and was almost forced to eat one in the coldest night of December.

‘On tv they do that. The girl took a pic with the boy with scary eyes and made it stay on the phone.’

Donghae nodded, making a mental note to tell his mother to cut down on watching dramas with Eunhyuk. ‘Will you make the picture stay on your phone screen too?’ the lilac haired asked. Donghae felt head seeping into his face. He wanted to, but that was a couple thing, and Kyuhyun won’t let him see the end of it if he did. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter