Cold Heart 1/2

Unique
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I don't know how, I wasn't planning to write anything more for this ff, but this thing was born in my head recently. It's what happened to JongTae before events from Unique. Hope you'll like it :) 

 

 

 

 

 

He's watching clouds as they're slowly changing their shapes while still running forward. One of the clouds has his special attention, it's constantly changing and every shape is more astonishing than the previous one, second ago it was a face of older man with a pipe between his lips, now it's a dragon with a white, fluffy flames dancing in his mouth. 

 

 

 

 

 

He doesn't know how long he's sitting in this park, but it isn't like he has anything better to do. He has no one to hang out with, he doesn't have a place where he should be or someone would want him to be in. 

 

 

 

 

 

He lowers his gaze to look at the people who are passing by. Some of them are smiling, some are angry, some are just enjoying nice weather. He envies them all. 

 

 

 

 

 

He never could understand what's wrong with him, the only thing he knows is that he doesn't feel like the rest of people. He's not crazy, he's not ill in any way. Supposedly he's just as normal as everyone else. That's what everybody are saying. They told him that he's normal, so he acts normal. He's smiling when everybody else are, he's crying when situation requires this. But it's all fake, inside he's just empty. 

 

 

 

 

 

He never understood why he doesn't feel like he should if he's like everybody else. He knows that he can cry and he can laugh, and they are times when he actually does that. He cries when he watches sad movie, he laughs when his friends say something funny. That makes him even more lost when he hears that his friend's girlfriend just died, and he looks at his friend all in tears, and only thing he feels is that he's uncomfortable because he doesn't know what to do or what to say. He just doesn't feel anything, and because he doesn't feel anything he doesn't know what feel people who just lost someone so he can't help his friend. 

 

 

 

 

 

There are nights when he hides his face in a pillow and cries. Tears of frustration are running down his face when he asks his dark room why he's like that, why he can't feel like normal people do. His friends are laughing at him that he just has a heart made from cold stone. After another years are passing he slowly starts to believe in it. 

 

 

 

 

 

After he graduates he decides to go to psychologist. He was at one when he was younger but he starts to think that doctor told him that he's normal only because he was a kid, and you can't tell a kid that he's crazy. 

 

 

 

 

 

First question psychologist asks him is: "Tell me something about yourself.". 

 

 

 

 

 

"My name is Lee Taemin, I'm eighteen years old." He says and after that he pauses. He doesn't know what more to say. He's convinced that there's nothing more to say. Beside, he doesn't like to talk about himself to strangers. He stays quiet. 

 

 

 

 

 

He leaves the room after an hour. He pays a lot money only to hear that he's indeed completely normal, he just needs to open up to people more. He thinks it's a bull. His problem with talking to people came from his problems with emotions. Because he doesn't feel like others do, he can't communicate with them well, he can't understand them properly, and that's why he's so introverted. 

 

 

 

 

 

He goes to three more psychologists. All of them are just as crappy as the first one, all of them start conversation with 'Tell me something about yourself', the sentence he hates the most in this world. Everything all of them do is sitting and waiting for him to say something, and that's just ing awesome because he can sit like that for a whole year and he won't say anything. He just doesn't know anymore how to do that. 

 

 

 

 

 

When he's with his friends he usually stays quiet. He became more like an observer, he watches them and laughs at what they're doing, but he himself doesn't say or do almost anything. Only times he speaks up are when they ask him something. He doesn't have problem with answering questions, he has problem with talking first. 

 

 

 

 

 

When one of his friends says jokingly that it doesn't change anything if he's with them or not, because he's not doing anything anyway, he realises that it's true and he spends less time with them. Specially when they are going to a party where will be a lot of people. He doesn't like crowds, he doesn't feel comfortable or safe in them. 

 

 

 

 

 

That's why he starts to spend so much time in park or cafe. He can just sit in quiet and watch people. He watches their full of emotions faces and asks himself for a hundredth time why he can't be like them, why instead of having fun with his friends he spends his free time in the park, avoiding being forced to talk. 

 

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

 

 

One day however he agrees to go on one of those parties, where he knows will be a lot of people and he will only suffer, but his friends don't wanna leave him alone and he doesn't have choice but to say 'yes' and go with them. 

 

 

 

 

 

At this party he meets a guy who asks him a lot of questions. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why are you sitting here alone?" Short brunet sits next to him on the floor. His voice is cheerful and eyes full of curiosity. He looks exactly like the type of people Taemin prefers to avoid, they're too loud and too active, and Taemin always feels lost around them.  

 

 

 

 

 

"I just feel like sitting alone." He shrugs. 

 

 

 

 

 

Guy chuckles. "It's a party, you should have fun with others not sit here all by yourself."

 

 

 

 

 

"Mmm I know." He was never good with long answers, he doesn't know if he's afraid that if his answer will be longer his listeners will get bored, or if he's just too lazy to say something longer. Or maybe he just doesn't have anything to talk about.   

 

 

 

 

 

"You're funny, what's your name?" Taemin doesn't believe that this guy really thinks he of all people is funny, specially that they managed to exchange only two words which weren't funny at all, but his eyes look sincere, so Taemin decides to respond. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Lee Taemin."

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm Kim Jonghyun, nice to meet you." 

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun makes Taemin give him his phone number, even if he doesn't want it (he never gives his number to people he doesn't know for a long enough time), but he doesn't really have a choice since other man can be really convincing. At the end he agrees, thinking that this Jonghyun won't call him anyway, because why the hell would he do that? Taemin's boring, there's no person in this world who likes to talk to boring people. 

 

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun does call him. Next day after the party Taemin feels his phone vibrating, he answers it slowly, taking his time, hoping that whoever is calling him with get bored with long waiting. Person doesn't giv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter