"Freezing Rain"

"Freezing Rain"

 

LAST SHOT:

 

After having their romantic candlelight dinner together the couple moved in the living room, staying in each other’s embrace in front of the chimney. He likes it when they’re just laying around relaxing and she can comfortably fall asleep in his arms. Silence prevails between them, no words pronounce since it isn't necessary, what really matters to them is spending time together like that in their own world full of love and happiness. He thinks that falling in love with her is the second best thing that has ever happened to him, finding her was the first.

“It was also raining really hard that day.”

“Huh?”

“That day, when we first met,” she stayed silent in his embrace to not interrupt his thoughts.

“I really can’t forget the way you looked. You look like a lost puppy, waiting for someone to help you find your way home.”

“A lost puppy?”

“Yes, a cute lost puppy. I smiled at you and when you smiled back it felt like a heart attack,” he slips his arms tighter around her.

“I somewhat felt the same. When I saw you looking at me, caring for me, I know from that moment you’ll play an important role in my life.”

“And the day you heard my feelings to you, it was also raining. I let you go, though I was hurt to see you with someone else.”

“I remember. I was also disappointed. I thought you could never like me or think of me as your woman”

“It’s ironic how we ignore who want us, want those who ignore us, love those who hurt us and hurt those who love us.”

“I know right, we were stupid to ignored our feelings and hurt each other. Still, I was thankful for everything that happened between us. A part of it was painful but there was happiness after it.”

“Yes, just like what they say there’s always a rainbow after the rain”

“I think it’s more of clouds come floating into our life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to our sunset sky and, I admit receiving your confession under the freezing rain was one of the most romantic things I ever received in my life.”

“Why do we have so much fate with the rain?”

“We can’t really say that it was all just a coincidence but I’m thankful to it because it gave me a chance to meet you and love you. That’s why I’m just enjoying it now. Every time I see the rain pours it reminds me of every special things and person that I have; our past, present and future that will come.”

“Me too.”

“You have no idea how much I love you.”

“Oh! but I do.”

“Happy Anniversary Kwon-ah.”

“Happy Anniversary Yeobo,” he replied as he bends to kiss her, feeling her lips as they linger against his own. In the past, it might be an awkward action that might have made both of them self-conscious. Now, however, kissing her or kissing him is like the most natural thing.

He pulled back and simply stared at her. She smile sweetly to him as she wraps her arms around his neck. He kiss her again before leading her to their bedroom. She loves it when he pulls her back for a second kiss. They held each other while kissing again and again. She ran her hands over his chest while he slid his on her back. She feels that every time they kiss, it feels like the first time. They made love slowly and tenderly. Letting both of them know how much they love each other and how much they want this moment to last forever.

Thereupon, they lay in each other’s arms . He caught something in her eyes, which he can only describe as anxiety. Though he’s bothered about it, he let go of those thoughts for now; giving her space and time to figure it out.

“Yeobo…”

“Yes?,” he smiled contentedly, waiting for her to spill it out.

“There’s something I want you to know.”

“Hmm?”

“I don’t know where to start. Ahh!! Never mind.”

“What? Tell me. Is there something wrong?”

“I’ll tell you when I’m ready. Let’s sleep.”

“Okay.”

She’s quite for a long time, giving a careful thought, if she will say this to him now or not. She thinks it’s the right time for him to know because she doesn’t want to hide the truth to him for too long but she’s hesitating, doesn’t want to ruin their special day.

“Kwon-ah? Yeobo?,” she again said, patting his bare chest, she look up with worried expression.

“Hmm?,” he replied still with his eyes closed.

“Are you asleep?”

“Nope.”

“What if.. Will you.. Cause I..”

“Yeobo. If you say it like that I will never understand you.”

“Sorry. I’m just nervous what if you don’t want it. What if..”

“Yeobo, look at me. Stay calm. Don’t think too much. Whatever it is we will face it together. Okay?,” he said while pulling her closer to him, reassuring her.

Gain looked down and nodded.

“So, tell me. What’s bothering you?”

“Hmm.. Yeobo.. Kwon-ah.. I’m.. I’m..,” she hesitated before drawing a long breath, “I’m pregnant,” she whispered then after bowing her head, avoiding eye contact.

“What?,” he answered, caught off guard.

“I know this is too sudden. We didn’t plan anything before. We didn’t talk and thought about having it. I know I..”

“Yes, your right. We didn’t talk about it but this doesn’t mean we don’t want to have one. I wasn’t sure if you will like the idea specially that I know you love your job and having a baby will keep you away from it cause I was also thinking about it, you know, having a baby for a long time now but I don’t want to stop your happiness. You know that for me your happiness comes first.”

“Sorry, if I was egoist and sorry for letting you think that I didn’t want to have a baby with you. I want you to know that this wasn’t just about loving my job cause the real reason is I want to spend more time with you, with just the both of us alone. I.. I know it’s a lame excuse but I thought having a baby will keep us both busy and occupied that we would never have more chance to spend time together like this,” she let her worries out but the thing he did after made her look at him.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Yeobo. Your right, that’s one of the lamest excuse I’ve heard so far.”

She blushed. “I hate you,” She turns to the other side avoiding him.

“Sorry,” he said after realizing what he had done to his wife. Kwon hug her fiercely, his arms tight around her. “You have to remember three things. One, I love you. Two, having babies will never be the reason for not spending time with you. Three, I’m happy to be your husband and the father of our future son..”

“..Or daughter,” Gain added right away after turning to face her husband once again.

“Oh! Right,” he smiled to her.

“I know you like babies so much. That’s why I decided to give it a try though I didn’t expect this to come a bit early,” she said while tracing her husband face using her fingertips, touching from his forehead, his perfect eyebrows, attractive eyes, pretty nose, cute cheeks to his kissable red lips.

“Are you sure you really are?” 

“Was suspecting it two days ago since my period was late then the day after I bought a pregnancy test then it confirmed my doubt but to be more sure I went this morning to the ob/ gyn. She then confirmed it officially that I'm a month pregnant.”

“Why didn’t you say that you’re suspecting it two days ago?,” he said a bit hurt for hiding this important thing to him.

“I didn’t want to give you false expectation. Plus, I didn’t know what you think about it, though I did expect you to be happy,” Gain said trying to be cute to him to cover up his disappointment towards her knowing that it’s one of her winning card to him.

“Thank you for giving me this wonderful gift and for loving me,” he said after kissing her forehead apparently without the trace of hurt anymore. He knows that he can’t never win to her especially if she’s like that. “It’s late you have to rest. From now on, no more excessive work for you and you have to take care of yourself and of course our baby.”

“Hmm, Night daddy,” Gain said to Kwon while smiling widely in his warm embrace. Relieve that all the worries she had has been taken away, delighted that she had given Kwon another happiness and happy that he will be the father of her future son or daughter.

“Night Mommy,” Kwon replied pulling her closer while looking at her laying beside him in their own bed; her aside from being his best friend and wife, will now also be the mother of his future children bring him another reason to be happy and gratified for everything he have.

“Kwon-ah, do you think I’ll be a good mom for our child?”

“I love you Gain-ah, you know that and don’t worry you’re gonna be an amazing mom.”

“I love you too Kwon-ah and I know you will also be an amazing dad.”

 

............................................

Author's Note:

Finally I'm posting the third and last shot of this short story.

It took me so long to complete this 'cause to tell you the truth I was hesitating about how should I end it.

Sorry again for that.

However, Thank you for spending your time reading this. I'm really grateful to my subscribers, readers who posted their comment and appreciation, and of course to my silent readers.

Please check out my other fanfic. I don't know if I will come out again with another story beside True Love. I think for now I'll concentrate to that in order to complete it soon. Though I can't predict the future. Who knows I'll bring out another new hidden story. One thing I'm sure of is that I'll never stop writing.

Thank you..Grazie..Merci ^^

Happy Holidays to all..