"Freezing Rain"

"Freezing Rain"

FIRST SHOT:


It's autumn and it is raining really hard. I am inside my room sitting alone beside the window. I’m looking outside, waiting for someone who’s so special to me. It’s someone who never leave my side through all these years. Actually he’s my best friend since high school. I still remember the first time we met.

I was new in this place. My family moved here because of my father’s work.  I was new to everything and I didn't know where to start. School is one of those. I was completely lost and it was really hard to adapt. It was impossible to make friends because everyone seemed to belong in their own world. I was comfortable going to my old school surrounded by a lot of friends that I knew since I was a child. But with this sudden changed. How can I start? Where should I start? The last bell for that day is over and I was glad that finally I survived for another school day. But the moment I step out, I was welcomed by the dark and heavy clouds. It was raining really hard and I was stupid for not knowing this kind of weather will come up. I didn't even brought my umbrella with me. How could my day became worst than before. It wasn't really my lucky day. While all other students moved out one by one with their own rain protection, I was there alone once again. That was really one of those days I was wishing that I also had a friend. A friend who can share her umbrella to me and who I can lean on in times of difficulties. I didn't have any other choice. Since I couldn’t expect some miracle to happen so I made up my mind and ran outside, didn't care if I will get wet and cold afterwards. I just wanted to go home. I ran as fast as I can that I gradually loose breath. I saw a big tree on my way and decided to take a break under it. I stopped then sat down. It was really cold and I was drenched from head to toe. I started to cry.  My hidden feelings went out all of a sudden. I was really having a difficult time but I couldn't show that to my parents since I understand it wasn't their fault. I looked up in the sky and for the first time, I was really thankful to the rain cause of it, I felt I wasn't crying alone. I was busy staring at the rain drops on the ground that I didn't realized someone standing beside me. I looked up and saw him. He was holding an umbrella looking at me. We stared for awhile and I noticed that he was also a student in my school.

“Where do you live?”
“Huh?”
“I’ll send you there.”
I was surprised about what he said. He wanted to share his umbrella to me?
“Here, let me help you,” he offered his hand to me and helped me to stand.
“You don’t have to. I can go home on my own.”
“It’s raining hard and I don’t think it will stop soon.”
“Don’t worry. I’m already wet anyway.”
“I see that but I don’t want you to get sick. Just accept my offer, okay?”
I had no other words to say. I was just glad that there was someone caring for me after a very long time.
We were walking side by side sharing his umbrella. We were very closed to each other that sometimes I would bumped to his arm and unintentionally wet his shirt because of mine.
“I’m sorry,” I said but he didn’t say a thing, so I put some distance between us to avoid another contact to him. But his action surprised me. He unexpectedly extended his arm to my shoulder then pulled me closed to him.
“Don’t go too far or else you’ll get wet,” I’m surprised to his actions but not afraid of this stranger beside me.
“Ahem, Can I ask you a question?” he said.
"Sure."
“Why are you crying alone under the tree?”
“I’m not crying.”
“Yes, you are. I know it. Don’t lie.”
“How can you…..”
“How can I say it? Simple, I can see it through your eyes.”
I nod then started to tell my whole story to him. I told him the truth because I felt that he’s a trustworthy person and that since I had a chance to tell my problems to someone, why didn’t’ take advantage of this occasion. 
Since then we became close friends, super close to the point that he's always there for me whenever I need him and vice versa. He became the main reason of my happiness and because of him I'm not afraid to face the unknown future anymore. He’s so special to me that I’m afraid to lose him, because I love him, so much.
 
I smile widely the moment I saw his car approaching on the driveway. I start to make my way outside to meet him and hurriedly grab an umbrella. I feel I’m a teenager once again, meeting this man that still holds my heart. I’m really glad that until now he’s still by my side. He opens his car door greeting me with the same wide smile that he had since then. I offer my umbrella to him and he automatically step under it. We are so close to each other that I can feel his familiar warm and scent. He wraps his arms around my waist and holds me tight. I smile. He’s the only one who can make me feel this way and he doesn't know how much I want to be in his embrace. He looks me in the eyes and smiles. This handsome face and wonderful eyes made me fall in love to him even more. I can look at this face forever, if I can. I could see how much he care for me just by looking in his eyes. It make me never want to let him go. To just stay wrap in his arms forever. Where nothing else matters but us. He kisses my lips and I lost all my senses. It’s just a peck but for me it’s everything. I’m enjoying the atmosphere we have when he unexpectedly surprise me to his question.


“Do you still remember that day?
                               The day I thought I completely lost you?”
 
............................................
 
Author's Note:
So, the first shot of the story is up..
How was it?? 
Will post the second shot soon... ^__^