1st

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Happy anniversary.”

I smiled and looked at him. He smiled back and lowered his hand to grab mine. “Come. You didn’t get to see my surprise gift yet.”

I let him guide me and soon I realized we were heading to the parking lot.

“Where are we going?” I asked once he opened the door for me.

“You’ll see.” He smirked at me as I sat in the front passenger seat.

I just shook my head and let him be. As I looked out of the window, even if it was getting already dark, I could still recognize something.

We were actually heading to his house. Why though? Did he forget something?

When he turned off the engine, I was expecting him to tell me to wait for him as he’s just going to take something from his apartment but he actually came and opened the door for me, offering his hand.

“W-what?” I stuttered at him while coming out of his car.

He laughed a little while gently placing a hand on my back. “What, are you disappointed I brought here in just my mere apartment?” He joked but it somehow hit me.

“No,” I said right away, shaking my head. “I just thought, you know, you would just bring me in a restaurant and such, like always and—“

He stopped walking and looked at me. With his other hand, he caressed my hair.

“Kyori..” He whispered. “You know you can trust me right?”

And without realizing, I must have hurt him.

He noticed my expression suddenly changed into a sad one and he didn’t think twice about reassuring me. “Hey, what’s wrong now?” He said as he placed both his hands on my cheeks, leveling his eyes at mine’s. “It’s our anniversary, we shouldn’t be, especially you, like this. Come on.” He smiled at me and nodded once, waiting for my response.

I smiled as well and nodded, then I pulled away his hands from my face and placed a kiss on top of them. “Thank you..”

He chuckled. “For what?”

For everything..

I didn’t reply him, instead I smiled and took the initiative of walking towards the building of his apartment.

“So what’s the surprise?” I excitedly asked him while on the elevator.

“You just said it Kyori, it’s a surprise.” He patted my head and, just as the elevator stopped at his apartment’s floor, we exited.

“Close your eyes.” He suddenly whispered from behind me when we reached his door. I did what he told me to do then I heard the door open just as he put the code.

“So you wanted me to close my eyes because of your code huh?” I playfully joked as he guided me inside. I heard him laugh for a moment then he stopped me.

“You can open them now.”

The first thing I saw was the night view ahead of us. And around us there were candles and roses. I could notice that outside in the balcony there was a table as well with candles on it, neatly set up with a bottle of wine.

It’s just a simple celebration of our anniversary but the reason why I was easily surprised was because I still didn’t get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter