04

Intoxicated Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “And this is the head of the psychology department, Dr. Zhang Yixing.” My physician, Shim Changmin, gestured to the dimpled doctor next to him. Hearing his name, the other doctor bowed politely.

            “At your service, Miss Park.”

            I turned away, glaring at no one in particular.  “I don’t need to see a psychologist. I’m ing fine, thank you very much for asking.” Someone coughed, but it didn’t matter who. My cussing startled the doctors and nurses present in the room but Yixing quickly recovered.

            “Hye Mi, you don’t have to perceive me as your doctor then. I’ll just be your friend.” He tentatively stepped forward, but my cold words stopped him next.

            “I don’t have friends.” I turned to face the doctors. “When can I get out of here?”

            Yixing closed his eyes slowly before patiently and politely replying to me. Even then, I could tell I was skating on thin ice. “Not until we say so, or at least your guardian has to agree to your release.”

            I clasped my hands together. “Perfect. I’ll sign myself out.”

            “Not so quick,” Changmin’s lip curled upwards, “After your incident a few nights ago, you’re no longer your own guardian. Do Kyungsoo took over as your guardian, so if anything, you should talk to him.” I was very tempted to punch that smirk off of my doctor’s face, but I was wired to IV cords and decided against it.

            “If you need to contact your guardian, please do.” Changmin nodded his head and left the room. Yixing darted me a glance, quickly waved a hand and left as well. Pretty soon I was alone in the room.

 

            I called D.O’s number again, or Do Kyungsoo, whatever his name is. He picked up on the first ring again, as if he was expecting my phone call all along.

            I took no time to beat around the bush – I immediately went for the target.

            “Why are you my ing guardian? I’m 22 years old and I don’t need someone, let alone strangers to ing babysit me.” I could hear my nurse uncomfortably cough next to me. She clearly wasn’t used to hearing so many foul words in a concentrated sentence.

            “I had to take responsibility for you at my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter