The future without you

The Struggle of liking you

It has been two days since Hanbin told me the news.
I'm still trying to digest it and I am sure he is too trying to digest the idea of being single again.

Sometimes I spot him tearing up, or just blankly stare into space and at that exact moment I just stand there and watch on.

Sometimes he would catch me looking at him and we would just exchange some smiles and awkward glances, sometimes I just watch on, confused with how to react to his emotional vent.

However this time I can't just stand there and watch his world slowly crumble down.
It has been over a month since his break up with Chae young yet he is still living lethargically. 
He hasn't eaten much, sleeping is a foreign matter to him now and the fact that he misses dance practice is something I can't accept.

It was a Friday afternoon, people were looking for Hanbin because papa YG wants to hold a meeting wih Ikon to discuss about Hanbin's progress with his composition. 

But he was no where to be seen. 
Everyone looked everywhere for him. 
No one could find him.
I thought of all the possible places he could be in the building. 

Toilet, studio, dancing room, lounge upstairs, cafe, the park near our company no where. Bobby tried calling him, every single member took turns calling Hanbin but it went straight to voice mail. 

As Ikon members and I busied ourselves with looking for Hanbin, a pair of trainees walked past me
" Oh my god I can't believe it is already the 22 of March, soon our monthly evaluation will be upon us,"

The date rang in my ears. 
22 March. 
22 March.
It isn't any date. It is...
I know it was important but I can't figure out why.

22 March 
22... March....


It was Hanbin's and chaeyoung's reunion anniversary. 

Then I realised where Hanbin could be. I quickly jumped into my car and went to the destination. 

As I made my way out of the car, I spotted the ice cream shop that Hanbin always went. 
The shop was a special place. 
A place full of memories for Hanbin and I thought maybe he would have stayed here to relive the memories.

Then the next moment, I spotted Hanbin. He was walking towards the park.
I ran towards him, then a car pulled out and he jumped onto the vehicle. 
I screamed out his name as loud as a I can, hoping he would stop the car. 

Nothing. 
I took out my phone to call Hanbin but then the battery died on me.
I quickly hopped into the car and drove back to the YG building.

As I arrived inside the parking lot, I could hear a commotion rising within.

" No Hanbin DONT DO THIS, you will regret it,"

"Hyung don't!"
"Get off me guys,"

I quickly ran to the scene.
Bobby and yunhyeong was holding onto Hanbin refraining him from entering the building. 

"What's happening?" I shouted,

Bobby turned around. 
"Hanbin wants to resign,"

"Pardon?"

This time Chanwoo responded
," hyung wants to quit his job, please help us to persuade him to stay,"

Anger and fury boiled inside of me.

I stood in front of Hanbin staring him straight into the eyes.
He looked at the ground. 

"Who do you think you are? 
Do you feed on self-pity?
Do you remember the promise you made to these guys?!
Do you still remember how much you guys have gone through to get to here?!
How dare you, to give this all away because your heart got broken.
How dare you to be so selfish and forget about the people who relys on you, depends on you, lookup to you.
How could you Hanbin?
You should know better. 
Ikon needs you. 
Don't do this to yourself.
Don't do this to Ikon."

I let out a sigh as I said my last word. 
I looked at his face hoping to see a change. 
I was seeking for a smile, a grin.
My ears were waiting to hear ," you are right I will stay," from him; I was prepping myself for a big group hug. 

But it didn't go that way. 
Hanbin slide his way out of our huddle. 
As he took a bow, Hanbin whispered a soft " mianhe," and went straight into the head office. 
Bobby tried to run after him but I stopped him. 
"There is no use, even if his body stays, his heart has wandered off,just let him go. All he needs is time,"

" Noona, do you think hyung will come back?"

I shrugged.
" I don't know donghyuk, I honestly don't know,"

I could feel one lonesome tear trickling down my cheek, I quickly wiped it away.
I turned to face the group I have placed under my wing when they debuted, the group I fell in love with.
" Stay strong you guys! You need to remain strong till he returns"
And with that I walked away.

I walked away from the fear, the anger, the despair. 
I just wanted to curl into a ball and cry but why did I feel this way?
He is just Hanbin isn't he? 

It took me an afternoon to realise that the reason for feeling the way I feel was because I was scared. I was afraid of the future of not being able to see him anymore, of not being able to talk to him, laugh with him, work with him. 
Because I realised that I have fallen for Hanbin once more. 
------
Hahah I have kept my promise :)
Hope you enjoyed this chapter if you do PLS vote or comment !!! 
I just want to know whether people wants to keep reading this fanfic or else I might decide to stop writing :3